ADVERTISEMENT

New OC

Hold on to your hats........Scott Frost is a hell of a OC......shitty headcoach.

Heard it here first.
clap walrus GIF by Sethward

Just watched a documentary on him. Really a loyal and passionate guy.

I would guess Budmayr will be the OC. Nothing will change on offense.
It will be Budmayr or someone else who will run Kirk’s offense the way he wants it run. Do not expect wholesale changes to the offense. Do not expect a sexy hire.

It will be someone Kirk is comfortable with, someone who will kneel down to the “Iowa way.”

I heard Tim Polasek’s name mentioned in a podcast. I could see that. Also heard Paul Chryst’s name mentioned. That would be about as splashy a hire as we could expect.

Reactions: hawkdave007
It will be Budmayr or someone else who will run Kirk’s offense the way he wants it run. Do not expect wholesale changes to the offense. Do not expect a sexy hire.

It will be someone Kirk is comfortable with, someone who will kneel down to the “Iowa way.”

I heard Tim Polasek’s name mentioned in a podcast. I could see that. Also heard Paul Chryst’s name mentioned. That would be about as splashy a hire as we could expect.
polasek and chryst would both be decent hires. budmayr would be shitty

I would put money on Steven Bruce - assistant head coach at Midland College in Texas. There are strong ties.

I mentioned Joe Philbin in another thread. I'm not sure why his name hasn't been mentioned much. Strong relationship with Kirk, familiar with Iowa City, and a very strong track record. Seems like an ideal fit.

With KF's retirement approaching, what OC in their right mind would come to IC?

It's going to be some underwhelming hire or some retread themselves nearing retirement.

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: curtisj157
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT