ADVERTISEMENT

New studies show Vitamin D and Zinc are Covid treatments

Yet you were the one touting Remdesivir Haha.
Because early data showed it worked in the lab, and that it DID provide benefit in vivo.

That benefit is small; and that actually makes a lot of sense, because as an antiviral, it can only be administered AFTER people are in the hospital and have a massive viral load. And we now know that it is the cascade effects, not the virus, that result in those severe cases by that point, triggered by the virus.

I have yet to see if the Merck version of that which is in pill form and can be administered earlier, provides actual antiviral benefit.

No idea what the "haha" snark is for.

Because early data showed it worked in the lab, and that it DID provide benefit in vivo.

That benefit is small; and that actually makes a lot of sense, because as an antiviral, it can only be administered AFTER people are in the hospital and have a massive viral load. And we now know that it is the cascade effects, not the virus, that result in those severe cases by that point, triggered by the virus.

I have yet to see if the Merck version of that which is in pill form and can be administered earlier, provides actual antiviral benefit.

No idea what the "haha" snark is for.
You really have to ask what the snark is for? Read your own responses to the Remdesivir thread I had a few months ago. It was you that was touting Remdesivir and Dexamethasone, both shown to be largely ineffective.

It was you that was touting Remdesivir and Dexamethasone, both shown to be largely ineffective.

Remdesivir WAS shown to be effective; still is, but the cost benefit isn't very great for it, and for MOST patients it does little. It helps SOME.

Dexamethasone IS effective, and has been shown to be in RCTs. Why you are mushing those together is rather baffling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT