ADVERTISEMENT

New Wrestling facility

Sunlight helps vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency leads to brittle bones and muscle weakness. We’ve solved why the Iowa wrestlers are always injured and look less muscular than other teams!
Hahaha, but glass in between Sun and skin (not to mention rubber suit) will prevent Vitamin D production. The glass absorbs all UVB rays. Science.

Now Seasonal Affective Disorder potentially contributing to HEW could be a real concern.

Reactions: tiltman and el dub
Hahaha, but glass in between Sun and skin (not to mention rubber suit) will prevent Vitamin D production. The glass absorbs all UVB rays. Science.

Now Seasonal Affective Disorder potentially contributing to HEW could be a real concern.
You’re annoying, although completely correct about the UVB rays.
I cannot believe vitamin D production is actually in this conversation, need sunlight go fishing in FL there is plenty! Oh no dont do that you will get skin cancer🤬

Last edited:
Your annoying, although completely correct about the UVB rays.
I cannot believe vitamin D production is actually in this conversation, need sunlight go fishing in FL there is plenty! Oh no dont do that you will get skin cancer🤬
Me mentioning lack of vitamin D being the reason our wrestlers get injured was a complete joke. Must’ve went over some peoples heads I guess 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and vhsalum

You’re such a dope.
Please teach us more — you’re wealth of knowledge is so enlightening for us dummies.

Entrance to the new facility
abandon-all-hope-ye-who-enter-here.jpg

Close up of Entrance Sign
wa74jffwdzq21.png

I’m not getting the window issue. Last I heard is that wrestling is a winter sport and we do it inside .

Basketball, baseball , soccer etc all can be played outside. Maybe if they have beach wrestling but I think volleyball has that beat.

I’m not getting the window issue. Last I heard is that wrestling is a winter sport and we do it inside .

Basketball, baseball , soccer etc all can be played outside. Maybe if they have beach wrestling but I think volleyball has that beat.

The only thing for you to get is that people are complete idiots. Even after being shown pictures and videos of windows we HAVE PEOPLE WHO STILL SAY THERE ARENT WINDOWS.

And still no one has an answer to why the entire facility is underground without an ounce of natural light. 30 million dollars and everyone is a ****ing idiot.

Kill me now. How many times do people have to post images and videos of the facility, above the ground and WITH WINDOWS for idiots to stop posting crap like this???

Edit: If you did this just to drive up my blood pressure, kudos. But given your posting history, I don't think you're that smart.

All this windows talk is seriously cracking me up. Only the cesspool can make something out of nothing. I wrestled for 4 different programs, all of which were competitive at their level. Not a one of them had windows in the wrestling room. I have coached for another 4 different programs and not a single one has windows in the wrestling room. The majority of wrestling rooms do not have windows in them. Windows, fricking windows, are you kidding me?

All this windows talk is seriously cracking me up. Only the cesspool can make something out of nothing. I wrestled for 4 different programs, all of which were competitive at their level. Not a one of them had windows in the wrestling room. I have coached for another 4 different programs and not a single one has windows in the wrestling room. The majority of wrestling rooms do not have windows in them. Windows, fricking windows, are you kidding me?

We have idiots claiming there aren't any windows in the facility at all. Not just the wrestling room.

• Haha
Reactions: pawrestler4life
We have idiots claiming there aren't any windows in the facility at all. Not just the wrestling room.
From the pictures shown - there is no natural lighting windows IN THE WRESTLING ROOM.

Like I said though, anyone is free to prove me wrong. My point is that for $30 million dollars - it's a pretty weird accent to not have.

Reactions: js8793 and Sandor45
From the pictures shown - there is no natural lighting windows IN THE WRESTLING ROOM.

Like I said though, anyone is free to prove me wrong. My point is that for $30 million dollars - it's a pretty weird accent to not have.
Do I think this is a huge deal? No.

However, many on here were claiming this would be huge recruiting and a draw to elite guys. For this reason, I think it's worthwhile to acknowledge that the early reception of the new facility outside the program is pretty negative. "Underwhelming" would be the nice description. Most fans of other teams and wrestling fans on twitter, including tons of hawk fans, were not impressed. That's a fact.

Will it be a good place to work out? I'm sure! Will it move the needle at all for this program? I don't think so.

@MSU158 any thoughts on this last conclusion? Iirc, you were a big proponent of the new facility helping recruiting.

Do I think this is a huge deal? No.

However, many on here were claiming this would be huge recruiting and a draw to elite guys. For this reason, I think it's worthwhile to acknowledge that the early reception of the new facility outside the program is pretty negative. "Underwhelming" would be the nice description. Most fans of other teams and wrestling fans on twitter, including tons of hawk fans, were not impressed. That's a fact.

Will it be a good place to work out? I'm sure! Will it move the needle at all for this program? I don't think so.

@MSU158 any thoughts on this last conclusion? Iirc, you were a big proponent of the new facility helping recruiting.
I'll assume most of these high level schools will have the best facilities. I don't think this will hurt Iowa in any way and I don't believe it's going to be some positive game changer either.

Reactions: vhsalum and js8793
Also think it's fair to reserve judgment until we get some sort of video tour. The amenities outside the room are arguably more important than the actual room itself.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT