ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSOM LAUGHS OFF PROCESS OF HARRIS NOMINATION

As witnessed by the response to her nomination.

The only party that is upset with Harris being the Democrat's candidate are the republicans.
Of course the party so worried about "democracy" has no issue with it... I'm ecstatic about it. Her and Tampon Tim are the perfect pair to lose. The country got to know Kamala last election and resoundingly rejected her. Nothing has changed

Is that the guy who picked up trash for 2 hours, after getting busted for blowing millions, and spoke about getting serious about it?

That guy might be the sleaziest guy in politics.

Last edited:
Yep. In MAGA world it’s a frightening attack on democracy when a political party urges its nominee to step aside so a more electable candidate can run, the nominee does so, and 99.9% of the members of that party are ecstatic at the outcome.

Trying to overturn the results of a free and fair election, storming the Capitol, refusing to certify election results, and sending fake electors to Washington in order to subvert the will of the people? No, no threat there.

At some level it must hurt to stretch so far. And one would think if your only argument is laughably lame you would choose to just be quiet rather than embarrass yourself.
Well, it appears to me the Democratic Party was successful in overturning the results of several primaries. There were Democrat loyalists that voted for Biden before July. The person they wanted was pushed out because his polls numbers trailed his opponent

This is the start of eliminating primaries for both parties. Each party will have several people choose their candidate . If that individual trails they will be forced out and somebody else chosen. I am 72, it will happen before I turn 100.

This is the start of eliminating primaries for both parties. Each party will have several people choose their candidate . If that individual trails they will be forced out and somebody else chosen. I am 72, it will happen before I turn 100.
^ if you don't want that, vote Donald Trump.

Pshhhht. Hey, you're older than the pledged delegate primary system. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

This is just one of those things where I can’t assume a good faith argument is being made.

It went from keeping Joe in the race is elder abuse to Joe got pushed out. Well, if keeping him in the race is elder abuse, isn’t it the honorable thing to get him to drop out?

It's definitely not an honest argument in any way whatsoever.

Reactions: artradley
Well, it appears to me the Democratic Party was successful in overturning the results of several primaries. There were Democrat loyalists that voted for Biden before July. The person they wanted was pushed out because his polls numbers trailed his opponent
Another one who is happy to embarrass themselves.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Yes. From now on candidates for the office of President will be appointed, not elected.
Isn't that often the case?

We've had 7 presidential elections this millennium (including 2024). A total of 15 major party candidates. Ten of the 15 were "appointed" - in the sense that they ran relatively unopposed, and/or were put in place by the party power players.

2000 - Gore (his turn)
2004 - Bush (incumbent)
2004 - Kerry (Dean forced out)
2012 - Obama (incumbent)
2016 - Clinton (her turn - and Bernie forced out)
2020 - Trump (incumbent)
2020 - Biden (his turn - and Bernie forced out)
2024 - Biden (incumbent)
2024 - Trump (no real challenge)
2024 - Harris (Biden forced out)

If that individual trails they will be forced out and somebody else chosen.
Well, the objective is to win. So if you're quite sure you're going to lose, why wouldn't you switch horses?

Time will tell whether the Dems made the smart move by going with Kamala, or whether they should have had an open convention.

So far, the polls make it look like choosing Kamala so quickly was a smart move. But will we still think so in October?

So you think Newsom is exactly the same as Trump? I mean that’s a strange position but you do you.

For the record I don’t like Newsom at all.
Not ‘exactly the same’ but equally disqualified.

I wouldn’t hire Biden, Trump, Harris, McConnell, Newsom, Pelosi, Graham, et al to mop my floors or walk my dogs. Why tf would I want any of them being the ‘ruler of the free world’?

I’m so confused at the big conspiracy. The sitting president decided he wouldn’t be fit for another 4 years, unfortunately after primary season. So his VP took over the nomination for him. Isn’t this how it works? It wasn’t like someone random was “installed.”

So? Maybe if your party would have used one of the dozens and dozens of opportunities they had to get rid of Trump you wouldn't be stuck with that shit stain of a candidate. But crying about how Democrats did something Republicans should have done 5, well really, 10 years ago isn't a good look.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I’m so confused at the big conspiracy. The sitting president decided he wouldn’t be fit for another 4 years, unfortunately after primary season. So his VP took over the nomination for him. Isn’t this how it works? It wasn’t like someone random was “installed.”
Well, the elected representatives, you know, the people you are ACTUALLY voting for during a Primary, voted for the current VP to be their representative. The choice was nearly unanimous, although there were some who chose to abstain or vote "present". They were a small minority and lost the vote so Harris is the nominee. It shouldn't be that difficult to understand.

Well, the elected representatives, you know, the people you are ACTUALLY voting for during a Primary, voted for the current VP to be their representative. The choice was nearly unanimous, although there were some who chose to abstain or vote "present". They were a small minority and lost the vote so Harris is the nominee. It shouldn't be that difficult to understand.
Keep in mind this is coming from the fake electors / Giuliani hair product party.

They really don’t understand.

LOFL, yes the only reason Biden stepped aside was because of poor polling.

You didn't have to announce your age, we are all aware that you're ancient, it's obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT