ADVERTISEMENT

Next Door craziness

goldmom

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
So our local Next Door website is going crazy. A woman in an adjacent community to mine posted a video of her backyard and a very well fed coyote is sniffing around in broad daylight.
Huge alert dings in my inbox and the usual dumb people (YES dumb) start screaming about how we are intruders in THEIR habitat cause they are “native”. Hundreds of posts from hysterical women and some men. I asked if they thought the pythons were native too. Waiting for that to go off like a bomb. 🤯

So our local Next Door website is going crazy. A woman in an adjacent community to mine posted a video of her backyard and a very well fed coyote is sniffing around in broad daylight.
Huge alert dings in my inbox and the usual dumb people (YES dumb) start screaming about how we are intruders in THEIR habitat cause they are “native”. Hundreds of posts from hysterical women and some men. I asked if they thought the pythons were native too. Waiting for that to go off like a bomb. 🤯
I deleted my NextDoor app because people are nuts. I'm still on our neighborhood FB group, but that's because I'm more concerned with close-proximity crazy, than neighboring community crazy. I want to know if my next-door-neighbor is a flat earther.

I deleted my NextDoor app because people are nuts. I'm still on our neighborhood FB group, but that's because I'm more concerned with close-proximity crazy, than neighboring community crazy. I want to know if my next-door-neighbor is a flat earther.
Some rando lady went nuts on my neighbor on Nextdoor because my neighbor corrected our neighborhood location. For some reason our street was put in the nieghborhood a ways away from us, instead of the neighborhood we're actually in. The lady claimed she was "stealing her territory"

Are you saying you don't think coyotes are native?

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
You should see the one here in Cape Coral. Between Yankees without a clue and immigrants whose grasp of English is poor on a good day....and most of it ratting out a neighbor for perceived code violations. It starts my day with a laugh.

Don’t. It’s a goddamn pain to uninstall, and they have alerts that are slightly different in variation that you have to keep deleting. Took me a week to finally get rid of that freaking app
Yup, this happened to me last year when I moved. Took me forever to figure out all the damn things I had to take care of to officially be off of that hellish app.

I have a Ring doorbell and the App is always blowing up with "I heard GUNSHOTS - Via Rioblo 10:30!!!'
It's always fireworks.
But we get some coyote alerts too. "3 GIANT coyotes along the open space trail!!! Watch your kids!!!"
My favorite is "Did someone get my amazon package? Says it was delivered but I didn't get it."

Next door is just full of a bunch of people bitching about things that could be easily solved by having a human interaction with their neighbor.

Reactions: BelemNole
When we moved to our home we were encouraged to download this monstrosity. I didn't even make it a day. Turns out I give zero fudges about whatever idiot thing a neighbor concocted up and ran to the Internet to post.

I have a Ring doorbell and the App is always blowing up with "I heard GUNSHOTS - Via Rioblo 10:30!!!'
It's always fireworks.
But we get some coyote alerts too. "3 GIANT coyotes along the open space trail!!! Watch your kids!!!"
My favorite is "Did someone get my amazon package? Says it was delivered but I didn't get it."
I've got a Ring doorbell too, and usually get a good chuckle out of the app. It's not near as obnoxious as the NextDoor one. Lately there's been a man (he's clearly an old man) that has posted like 3-4 times in the last week about a dog that keeps coming into his yard at night. The posts begin complaining about the dog, but after a few sentences or so it gradually switches to him being mad that there's no animal control officers working at night. Then he rants about that.

Yesterday he FINALLY got a video of the dog in his yard during the day, but by the time he got ahold of someone from animal control, the dog was gone. Then he bitched about that. It's like he expects animal control to operate like a ****ing 911 emergency call.

• Haha
Same in Arizona minus the pythons. Every time someone posts a siting or incident with a coyote, the usual have to chime in and dictate us, in their minds, that coyotes are indigenous to Arizona and we’ve invaded their territory. No shit?!?

People are just trying to warn their neighbors with small pets.

Reactions: goldmom
I didn't know such websites even existed.
Lies No GIF

It's always fireworks.
I haven't signed up here for the new TX community, but the old one in VA was 90%+ packages delivered to the wrong address and lost/found dog/cat.

Why don't they just shoot it.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT