ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Overtime

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Can I just say that the NFL overtime sucks?! Who in their wants a tie. And now there have been two. This is just one more reason that the college game is so much better than the NFL. Ties? Are you kidding me? It is awesome watching the college overtime. Last nights Nebraska v. Wisconsin was great. No body wants a tide so go at it until someone wins...period. I did watch the last few minutes of the Arizona v. Seattle game and it was brutal. I didn't watch any of the overtime game at all today. I don't like the NFL for various reasons and this would be one.

I don't like the rules. If you get the ball and kick a field goal the game goes on. If you score a touchdown the game is over as the other team does not get an opportunity to match. If it was how they play the game in regular time the game would go on regardless. The other offense doesn't get a chance to match. I really don't like the tie possibility. Play an extra quarter and whoever is ahead wins. If no one has scored tee it up again. Maybe then it would be the first one to score, but I am not sure I would even like that.

I don't like the rules. If you get the ball and kick a field goal the game goes on. If you score a touchdown the game is over as the other team does not get an opportunity to match. If it was how they play the game in regular time the game would go on regardless. The other offense doesn't get a chance to match. I really don't like the tie possibility. Play an extra quarter and whoever is ahead wins. If no one has scored tee it up again. Maybe then it would be the first one to score, but I am not sure I would even like that.
I can't stand how they end the game if the 1st team scores a TD. They give the winner of a coin flip a HUGE advantage. Completely unfair and pure luck. If they're gonna do that, then give the D an automatic win if they keep them from scoring....
Ties......unacceptable imo. NFL overtime is a total joke!

It would be nice for the nfl to pick up that college rule. Try it for ONE season and see what the players union likes after that one year. If the nfl wants to be a little different make them go for 2 starting in the first OT.

The players union is behind it. They don't care about winning or losing or settling it on the field, they want to make sure the players don't have to work so much unpaid overtime - they don't get paid extra for that extra action, you know!

Typical union.

I've always said OT should be handled like soccer and hockey. Something like a game of 500 or a field goal contest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT