ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Choke

HoundedHawk

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2001
y4mmgwXxd-vq2IkK3DLAP4Z4zqo47YjqVN2BPwX7RmOkwt7YPt_QzEivkrfCDcjfXqlXGwVF6LTFqzHjbG5DJn_sYXNy1l8B7NspTfeWis3vc6TCZnMJ9R29F3IrzrKSJz1WGqT1DhYyEF2diaPd19qz_Eh0xfsQT0inh1KtZxxDutA-uOAhLzgLbEAOUfuZSsiyf2bK8znv3GZuM7os5Mx8Q

How was it not as bad? It literally happened. If Desanto did that to daton people would be calling for his indefinite suspension.

I watched it once in real time and it looked way more like an arm got in the wrong position for a brief moment than it did an intentional choke.

And when you say “if Austin did it” it sounds like you forget he isn’t a first time offender.

Reactions: Wink8
I watched it once in real time and it looked way more like an arm got in the wrong position for a brief moment than it did an intentional choke.

And when you say “if Austin did it” it sounds like you forget he isn’t a first time offender.

How on earth is that a result of his arm getting in the wrong position? That is some serious spin you got going on.

I don’t forget about Desanto’s past but a spade is a spade.

I watched it once in the few seconds it happened and it looked like his arm moved into that position (not that it started in that position). I am not saying He wasn’t choking him. I am saying he ended up in a choke from an okay position.

I’ll rewatch it Tonight. If you’re saying he started in that position, I should def double check.

It did look like you guys had legit beef with the lack of stall calls in that match though.

Sorry but thats like saying he didn't mean to lock hands .

Reactions: IRONBIRD
I watched it once in the few seconds it happened and it looked like his arm moved into that position (not that it started in that position). I am not saying He wasn’t choking him. I am saying he ended up in a choke from an okay position.

I’ll rewatch it Tonight. If you’re saying he started in that position, I should def double check.

It did look like you guys had legit beef with the lack of stall calls in that match though.
That was intentional and Fix is a punk. Not much else to say.

That was intentional and Fix is a punk. Not much else to say.

No issue with Fix. Top guy should unleash as much pressure as possible. The issue is with the ref.

Reminded me of watching Clark, he had the opposite problem. All the times his arm bars would get called potentially dangerous when the bottom man could have simply rolled over.

That is not what happened. It was intentional. Pyles said "Chris Perry" on the broadcast because Perry used to do that all the time. He did it to choke Desanto for a few seconds. It's dirty, but not something that gets called.

Just have to look at Desanto’s eyes and how quickly he taps...his airway was cut off. I think PSU’s Verk should be pissed. Warner got run out of bounds 7-8 times and it wasn’t called whereas he did it once against tOSU and it cost him the match.

I can’t wait to give Mr. Fix the same warm welcome at Carver that Austin got at Okie State.
Was the warm welcome because AD did the whole forward roll/high knee jump that Fix has been doing for years on the way to the center?

I love heel Desanto, but nobody can be mad when he earns his heat.

Was the warm welcome because AD did the whole forward roll/high knee jump that Fix has been doing for years on the way to the center?

I love heel Desanto, but nobody can be mad when he earns his heat.

So using your logic, they boo’d Desanto during lineups because he copies Fix’s somersault mat entry?

rewatched it. I don’t think it was intentional but it sure as shitveas illegal. Ref should have given ad a point.

I don’t mind Daton Fix, he seems like a pretty good kid overall. In this situation though it was totally illegal and dirty. He has two legs and had no intention to turn Austin. You will never turn a guy with both legs in and your arm across his throat like that. Its pretty obvious he intended to choke him out for a few seconds. The leg riding that Fix was using in this match should be called a stall or stalemate every time. I’ve always been pro folkstyle but when a guy is just riding the hips and the bottom guy has no chance to get out I can see why people want the push for freestyle.

I could see potentially dangerous call but I don't ever recall seeing a point given for a arm around a neck in a match? I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think an arm around the throat is illegal.

Just watched the video
It was definitely an unsportsmanlike choke.
Fix was looking into the crowd feeding off the excitement, then staring down at DeSanto like he owned him (which at that moment he did). His right arm flew in from left field and he choked AD. The intent was to fire the crowd up and it did.
The ref was in perfect position and stepped in to knock Fixes arm off. Fix let it go a split second before the ref hit his arm.
I view the ref’s actions as a blatant no call.
There is just no other way to interpret this sequence.

Just watched the video
Fix was looking into the crowd feeding off the excitement, then staring down at DeSanto like he owned him (which at that moment he did). His right arm flew in from left field and he choked AD. The intent was to fire the crowd up and it did.
The ref was in perfect position and stepped in to knock Fixes arm off. Fix let it go a split second before the ref hit his arm.

I don't know. You arch to maximize pressure in that position and looked like a pretty stereotypical reaction after breaking a guy like that with a leg ride. AS was clearly getting choked though. Usually guys are better at masking it but that kind of stuff goes on constantly in matches without being noticed or called.

Just watched the video
I get the feeling AD will remember this next season in CHA. This is good for the sport. Get a few high profile grudges going.

I've seen that move a lot on WWE Raw.

I don't know. You arch to maximize pressure in that position and looked like a pretty stereotypical reaction after breaking a guy like that with a leg ride. AS was clearly getting choked though. Usually guys are better at masking it but that kind of stuff goes on constantly in matches without being noticed or called.
Fix was not arching, AD was.
I agree it happens, however, it’s much more discrete than this little display.

If the man underneath is arching and the the top man chokes and pulls straight back, how in the world can this be construed as trying to break your man down flat? If your attempting to break him down as if you were using a cross face, how can this be executed by pulling straight back.
Lastly, why is the ref attempting to jump in and knock Fix’s choking arm away from Desanto’s throat?

We definitely win this god damn dual if Austin doesn't get choked. You could see he had no air left after Fix strangled him. The momentum was gone and couldn't be recaptured.

Fix was not arching, AD was.
I agree it happens, however, it’s much more discrete than this little display.

If the man underneath is arching and the the top man chokes and pulls straight back, how in the world can this be construed as trying to break your man down flat? If your attempting to break him down as if you were using a cross face, how can this be executed by pulling straight back.
Lastly, why is the ref attempting to jump in and knock Fix’s choking arm away from Desanto’s throat?

I am with you on the choke at the end, I said that. I was commenting on the entire ride (which was bad-ass btw) rather then the end game in the photo. Re-reading your post I can see you were just commenting on the choke. My bad.

I will say that I am left feeling even more confident that DeSanto can run the table at NCAAs after yesterdays match. He is right there on his feet and has a month to make adjustments to his bottom game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT