ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Rakocevic

its funny how they want a kid outside the top 100 over a kid that is inside the top 70, Rakovic is rated the 12th best Center by ESPN.

add him to Pemsyl who is now listed at 6'8 235 lb and the front court looks very solid and quick and I would like some video on him to guage his jumping ability for myself,

found some video on you tube, he reminds me of JR Koch, good looking sroke on his 3 pointer and the FTL and can definitely dunk the ball, no Woody comparison at all, about not being able to dunk the ball, also ESPN ranks his as the #2 player in the state of Illinois,

who wouldn't want another player out of Chicago, also Moss was from Indiana originally I believe,

what recruiting class the 2016 could be
C 6'10 4* Rakocevic #2 player in Illinois top Top 70 player by Rivals
PF 6'8 3* Top 150 Pemsyl
SF 6'6 4* Top 100 Santos
then get a top 150 PG in the 2016 class to make it very solid class, who knows if Pemsyl continues to improve he could be a top 100 4*

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

found some video on you tube, he reminds me of JR Koch, good looking sroke on his 3 pointer and the FTL and can definitely dunk the ball, no Woody comparison at all, about not being able to dunk the ball, also ESPN ranks his as the #2 player in the state of Illinois,

who wouldn't want another player out of Chicago, also Moss was from Indiana originally I believe,

PF 6'8 3* Top 150 Pemsyl
SF 6'6 4* Top 100 Santos
then get a top 150 PG in the 2016 class to make it very solid class, who knows if Pemsyl continues to improve he could be a top 100 4*
Good post Kilroy. There is a big kid out of Michigan we're going after pretty hard as well. Can't think of his name. But from the way things are going I believe Iowa could pull off a second good recruiting year, and some big classes!

Keep up the good posts! Well over 2,000 now!

don't know about a big but I do know that IA is recruiting PG Winston out of MI, 6'1 4* # 6 pg and 32nd best player overall.

he would be the cream of the 2016 class, possibly getting 4 top 100 players in that 2016 class would really set the tone going forward,

Rakocevic is not a center.

You don't want him anyway. Major attitude and doesn't play hard. He bitches to refs, yells at teammates, gets benched for ignoring the coach. Good luck if you get him. Rumor is mom is running the recruitment and wants a warm weather school.

Combes,

Interesting information about Nick. Illinois is probably at the top of his list at this point, do you think they don't want him either?

There are a lot of high school kids that are the cock of the walk but when they get to college things get significantly tougher. I like this kids skill set and trust that our coach can turn them into a team players.

Originally posted by DanL53:
Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
Laughable. Oh I'm sure he has heard it all by now. By the way, Iowa is probably the most represented college team on that twitter handle.

But if a kid's skin isn't thick enough to handle a jab about a picture posted online, I'm not sure that's a type of kid McCaffery would want at a free throw line to seal a game.
That's a good point. By now even junior high kids are looking at sports forums like this one and thinking, 'What a bunch of idiots!"
We are far from the only ones talking about that picture. Stugotz from the Dan Lebatard show retweeted the picture comparing them and people are laughing at it from all over. If you cant have a sense of humor about something like that, you are going to have issues playing big time basketball.

Think if Woodbury gave up on Iowa after every time he got made fun of for being stuffed by the rim.

Originally posted by Curt Furence:

Laughable. Oh I'm sure he has heard it all by now. By the way, Iowa is probably the most represented college team on that twitter handle.

But if a kid's skin isn't thick enough to handle a jab about a picture posted online, I'm not sure that's a type of kid McCaffery would want at a free throw line to seal a game.
That's a good point. By now even junior high kids are looking at sports forums like this one and thinking, 'What a bunch of idiots!"
We are far from the only ones talking about that picture. Stugotz from the Dan Lebatard show retweeted the picture comparing them and people are laughing at it from all over. If you cant have a sense of humor about something like that, you are going to have issues playing big time basketball.

Think if Woodbury gave up on Iowa after every time he got made fun of for being stuffed by the rim.

Stugotz from the Dan Lebatard show? You mean the Dan Le Batard show? Let's see the headlines:

Suspended from Baseball Writer's Association of America for one year, barred for ever voting for baseball Hall of Fame entrants again.

Suspended for two days by his bosses ESPN (We know the kind of guys they like to hire) for his billboard mocking LaBron James.

I could go on. But I think it is funnier and should be MORE embarrassing than anything a stupid high school kid does with a photo, to be emulating an ESPN Shock Jock or his crew of hacks.

In fact, NOW this is getting funny! Who else do you wanna grow up to be, Kurt?
smile.r191677.gif

(Before you get mad, remember that if a high school kid needs a thick skin regarding the internet, we all do, don't we?)

PF 6'8 3* Top 150 Pemsyl
SF 6'6 4* Top 100 Santos
Good post Kilroy. There is a big kid out of Michigan we're going after pretty hard as well. Can't think of his name. But from the way things are going I believe Iowa could pull off a second good recruiting year, and some big classes!

Keep up the good posts! Well over 2,000 now!
I think the guy you're referring to is PF Austin Davis. No offer yet, pure speculation here but may be a fall back guy if we aren't able to land Rakocevic or Cook. Assuming Fran doesn't bank the last '15 scholly we'll have 4 scholarships to give. Pemsl already has one, so I'm guessing the last 3 go to a PG, SG/SF, and PF/C. As of now it seems like Santos is his top guy to take the SG/SF scholarship and Rakocevic/Cook top guys for the big man scholarship. No idea who Fran is after for PG, I'm guessing we'll have to wait until AAU events in summer to figure that out. Not liking Iowa's chances with Cassius Winston, he's from Detriot and sounds like he is a MSU lean.

Stugotz from the Dan Lebatard show? You mean the Dan Le Batard show? Let's see the headlines:

Suspended from Baseball Writer's Association of America for one year, barred for ever voting for baseball Hall of Fame entrants again.

Suspended for two days by his bosses ESPN (We know the kind of guys they like to hire) for his billboard mocking LaBron James.

I could go on. But I think it is funnier and should be MORE embarrassing than anything a stupid high school kid does with a photo, to be emulating an ESPN Shock Jock or his crew of hacks.

In fact, NOW this is getting funny! Who else do you wanna grow up to be, Kurt?
smile.r191677.gif

(Before you get mad, remember that if a high school kid needs a thick skin regarding the internet, we all do, don't we?)
I am far from saying that they are great at what they do. I said that a couple people on here thinking a photo was funny are far from the only ones. Definitely not mad and I never said they talked about it on the show. I do not know if they did, just happened to see it on Twitter, multiple times yesterday and used it as an example.

Aaron White was on Whitebballpains earlier this year for tucking his warm ups pants into his socks and wearing Air Force's. He saw it and even laughed about it. The way something like that should be handled. But if you want to freak out about it go ahead.

By the way if you are going to correct my Lebatard to Le Betard mabe you should spell LeBron right? maybe?

Originally posted by hawkeyefanatic84:

found some video on you tube, he reminds me of JR Koch,  good looking sroke on his 3 pointer and the FTL and can definitely dunk the ball, no Woody comparison at all, about not being able to dunk the ball, also ESPN ranks his as the #2 player in the state of Illinois,

who wouldn't want another player out of Chicago,  also Moss was from Indiana originally I believe,

PF 6'8 3* Top 150 Pemsyl
SF 6'6 4* Top 100 Santos
then get a top 150 PG in the 2016 class to make it very solid class,  who knows if Pemsyl continues to improve he could be a top 100 4* 
Good post Kilroy.  There is a big kid out of Michigan we're going after pretty hard as well.  Can't think of his name.  But from the way things are going I believe Iowa could pull off a second good recruiting year, and some big classes!

Keep up the good posts!  Well over 2,000 now!
I think the guy you're referring to is PF Austin Davis. No offer yet, pure speculation here but may be a fall back guy if we aren't able to land Rakocevic or Cook. Assuming Fran doesn't bank the last '15 scholly we'll have 4 scholarships to give. Pemsl already has one, so I'm guessing the last 3 go to a PG, SG/SF, and PF/C. As of now it seems like Santos is his top guy to take the SG/SF scholarship and Rakocevic/Cook top guys for the big man scholarship. No idea who Fran is after for PG, I'm guessing we'll have to wait until AAU events in summer to figure that out. Not liking Iowa's chances with Cassius Winston, he's from Detriot and sounds like he is a MSU lean. 
I thought I'd heard we were going pretty hard after Moore out of Morgan Park in Chicago. I think Combes indicated he thought of him more as a SG than PG, but from what I've read his hs coach (and AAU coach I believe - Irvin) views both Moore and LoVett as pgs and the reason they've been so successful is they have two great pgs on the floor at all times.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I am far from saying that they are great at what they do. I said that a couple people on here thinking a photo was funny are far from the only ones. Definitely not mad and I never said they talked about it on the show. I do not know if they did, just happened to see it on Twitter, multiple times yesterday and used it as an example.

Aaron White was on Whitebballpains earlier this year for tucking his warm ups pants into his socks and wearing Air Force's. He saw it and even laughed about it. The way something like that should be handled. But if you want to freak out about it go ahead.

By the way if you are going to correct my Lebatard to Le Betard mabe you should spell LeBron right? maybe?

I sense a little butt hurt in you.
smile.r191677.gif
Honestly, if Rakocevic ends up at Illinois I'd be all over that photo chopping of his.

Just having some fun with irony.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT