ADVERTISEMENT

Nine arrested after protest at Kinnick Stadium

Rank em:

Why do people who protest typically look like all these people?
j6-trump-stop-the-steal.jpg

Interesting take, liked by the typical right wing morons.

This would have been perfect, nothing going on at Kinnick, just ignore them and leave them there. They weren't bothering anything. Should have left them chained to it.
Didn't actually read the article, prevented access to a function that the UofI president was hosting.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Nine people have been charged with trespassing after a protest in front of Kinnick Stadium on Saturday ended in arrests.

The protesters chained themselves to the entrance doors of the stadium and used metal u-bolts to lock the exit doors, preventing university staff from entering a school function being held at the stadium, according to criminal complaints.

All nine people arrested were charged with trespassing, interference with official acts and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors. Complaints state the protesters caused $200 to $300 worth of damage to the doors, and some had to be removed from the doors with bolt cutters.

The complaints do not say what the protest was about or what event was being blocked, but an Instagram post from the Iowa City Students for Justice in Palestine says the event was a holiday party hosted by University of Iowa President Barbara Wilson, and the protesters were advocating for a free Palestine.

The Students for Justice in Palestine Instagram page shared several videos that protesters took of University of Iowa Police and Iowa City Police arresting protesters at Kinnick Stadium, but clarified in a statement that the Students for Justice in Palestine did not organize the protest.

“We shared these videos because we stand firmly against all forms of police brutality, whether perpetuated by the (Israel Defense Forces) against Palestinians or the ICPD and UIPD against advocates for a free Palestine,” the statement reads.

The following nine people were arrested at the protest:

• Anthony Allou, 19, of Coralville
  • Ariele Andalon, 27, of Iowa City
  • Mariam Daoud, 22, of Cedar Rapids
  • Ella Doolittle, 22, of Council Bluffs
  • Jared Kula, 22, of North Liberty
  • Brian Nilles, 23, of Ashton
  • Clara Reynen, 26, of Iowa City
  • Cassidy Slater-Scott, 24, of Iowa City
  • Gabriel Sperry, 26, of Iowa City
Can we start a write in campaign to try and bring back caning?

Yard stick or one of dad's shoes. I swear mom never measured anything with that yard stick. It just sat there in the closet waiting to administer ass whippings.
It was kept above the door jam leading into the kitchen….just waiting for me to F up.

This would have been perfect, nothing going on at Kinnick, just ignore them and leave them there. They weren't bothering anything. Should have left them chained to it.
I would agree with this, but I believe they were blocking/chained the exits from the building which is illegal.
If there was a fire things could be disastrous.

I honestly couldn’t tell which ones were girls. Somewhere between 3 to 8 are girls I think.

Hopefully if they were enrolled there they aren’t anymore.

Nine people have been charged with trespassing after a protest in front of Kinnick Stadium on Saturday ended in arrests.

The protesters chained themselves to the entrance doors of the stadium and used metal u-bolts to lock the exit doors, preventing university staff from entering a school function being held at the stadium, according to criminal complaints.

All nine people arrested were charged with trespassing, interference with official acts and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors. Complaints state the protesters caused $200 to $300 worth of damage to the doors, and some had to be removed from the doors with bolt cutters.

The complaints do not say what the protest was about or what event was being blocked, but an Instagram post from the Iowa City Students for Justice in Palestine says the event was a holiday party hosted by University of Iowa President Barbara Wilson, and the protesters were advocating for a free Palestine.

The Students for Justice in Palestine Instagram page shared several videos that protesters took of University of Iowa Police and Iowa City Police arresting protesters at Kinnick Stadium, but clarified in a statement that the Students for Justice in Palestine did not organize the protest.

“We shared these videos because we stand firmly against all forms of police brutality, whether perpetuated by the (Israel Defense Forces) against Palestinians or the ICPD and UIPD against advocates for a free Palestine,” the statement reads.

The following nine people were arrested at the protest:

• Anthony Allou, 19, of Coralville
  • Ariele Andalon, 27, of Iowa City
  • Mariam Daoud, 22, of Cedar Rapids
  • Ella Doolittle, 22, of Council Bluffs
  • Jared Kula, 22, of North Liberty
  • Brian Nilles, 23, of Ashton
  • Clara Reynen, 26, of Iowa City
  • Cassidy Slater-Scott, 24, of Iowa City
  • Gabriel Sperry, 26, of Iowa City
arrested-development-david-cross.gif

Reactions: dgordo and lucas80
My ear beard heard what first?
Inside construction crew joke. Should probably written it as " ear beard here'd it here first." One of my hippie employees " Muddy Reefers " hadn't seen a barber in or hedge trimmers in a decade or so and had an ear beard headed towards post 73. When he'd spout an opinion like " pot's gonna be legal in Iowa in 5 years ", one of the others guys would follow with " you ear beard here'd it here first..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT