ADVERTISEMENT

No QBs available to the media today

Did Cade do post game presser Saturday? Was there and hang around too long to catch anything on radio.

Isn't this on the media to ask these questions in the first place?
But if the media askes these questions the answer will be, we feel Cade gives us the best option to win.
He's the coach and fans asking those questions won't change his/their minds on that.

Reactions: hawkandroll
But if the media askes these questions the answer will be, we feel Cade gives us the best option to win.
He's the coach and fans asking those questions won't change his/their minds on that.
Of course. The next question should be "Cade's play has been extremely inconsistent these first 2 games and he appeared to struggle both in his decisions and the physical aspects of the position. He only completed a couple of passes the entire second half for minimal yardage allowing the ISU defense to focus solely on the run. You stated he wasn't in game shape. Given that it's now week 3 and we were told that the competition between Cade and Sullivan was real and close, what is the downside to giving Sullivan the start this Saturday prior to the Big 10 season to see how he performs?"

Last edited:
KF is not a pussy for not putting his QB in front of the media. He’s a pussy for not taking hard questions himself regarding QB play, befuddling coaching decisions and offensive performance overall.
I wonder which presser is going to risk their credentials by asking Kirk "if Cade is still not 100% and Sullivan has 2yrs for the program, why are you not giving SUllivan meaningful reps during games, especially when CM is struggling?"

The so-called media covering Iowa football is little more than an arm of the sports information wing of the ADs office. They never ask tough questions. Even relative softballs get the non-answer coach speak response.
There is no point in having a supposed media day or other press event. I've said for years that the best, and it would be hilarious, thing that they could do would be to have a life sized KF cutout in all his gum chewing glory set up at the podium and then play a couple of different phrases like "That's football" or "Need to get a few things cleaned up" in response to the questions.

The so-called media covering Iowa football is little more than an arm of the sports information wing of the ADs office. They never ask tough questions. Even relative softballs get the non-answer coach speak response.
There is no point in having a supposed media day or other press event. I've said for years that the best, and it would be hilarious, thing that they could do would be to have a life sized KF cutout in all his gum chewing glory set up at the podium and then play a couple of different phrases like "That's football" or "Need to get a few things cleaned up" in response to the questions.
Or an obscure baseball pitching reference or shoutout to Jonathon Ogden or a Brown/Raves OL from the late 80s/early 90s.

Yep. I wanted to be one of them. Went to school there for it and everything. After the first semester, I decided it wasn't the best choice. I tend to hold people accountable for their statements and actions. KF wouldn't like me very much, especially over the last few years. I would definitely be out of a job.

Yeah, I don't think Leistikow wants to get his access pulled for "asking tough questions" when there will never be anything other than a stock answer given. Although I think he has done pretty good at just presenting numbers and asking about the decisions made with those numbers in mind. But again, KF will never budge on that, so what's the point.

If Cade did post game on Saturday and answered whatever then I don't see what a couple of days would add to any discussion from him.

Of course. The next question should be "Cade's play has been extremely inconsistent these first 2 games and he appeared to struggle both in his decisions and the physical aspects of the position. He only completed a couple of passes the entire second half for minimal yardage allowing the ISU defense to focus solely on the run. You stated he wasn't in game shape. Given that it's now week 3 and we were told that the competition between Cade and Sullivan was real and close, what is the downside to giving Sullivan the start this Saturday prior to the Big 10 season to see how he performs?"
Do you honestly answer that question strait up?
I don't, and as stated in this thread when reporters have asked those questions, they seem to not get credentials to be at the meeting.
Hayden would lay into questions like that. That's not Kirks demeanor.

“Kirk, you’ve put the interests of your family in front of the program for the past three seasons. It’s a major reason Iowa’s season is over after two games. Can you comment on that?”
Sure, he will
Do you want to be here at the next press conference?

It was funny when the OSU media was flabbergasted at what they saw from the Iowa offense in 2022 at the horseshoe. Those questions they asked Kirk were pretty funny and the gaslighting back was even better.
And he cried about it. Kirk is a fraud. He wouldn't last a season in an NFL market, he wouldn't last a few games in Columbus or Tuscaloosa. We have babied him and his born on 3rd base family way too long.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Do you honestly answer that question strait up?
I don't, and as stated in this thread when reporters have asked those questions, they seem to not get credentials to be at the meeting.
Hayden would lay into questions like that. That's not Kirks demeanor.
It's not a disrespectful question. If I started out with "Kirk, what the **** are you thinking?" he'd have a legitimate beef. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Hendy hawk
These athletes are now paid and should face the press just like professional athletes. They want to be paid to play, well, they need to answer for their failures on the field. Can’t have it both ways.

There are no hard questions to ask. We are installing a new offense. With a bunch of guys who have not played a lot. I mean look how many of these guys even recorded a catch last year?? Heck if you listen to the Hayden Large interview he even says he knows he messed up a handful of times last week. The team has taken responsibility for the loss as well as they should, because they all had a part in it. I mean KF could just come right out and tell the media, hey we have a strict 24 hour rule and we have told our guys that means no talking about it (even to the media) after 24 hours. Which that is how most players answer anyway. "yeah that was good or bad. That was fun or that sucked (depending on the result), but it is time to move on to the next game" That is the answer you always have and always will get. So I mean did you want to hear Cade's thoughts on Troy?? Otherwise, let him work on what he needs and get mentally prepared for the next game and the rest of the season.

Last edited:
“Kirk, you’ve put the interests of your family in front of the program for the past three seasons. It’s a major reason Iowa’s season is over after two games. Can you comment on that?”
Thankfully we have a great coaching staff that provides great leadership for our team. We also have great leadership in our senior class. This team will keep working and improving throughout the season. Quite a contrast to some of the whiny, pansy fans who are crying about the season being over after one loss. I think some of you want the coaches to hold your hand. None of the Hawkeye fans that I know are crying about the season being over. Go Hawks !

Reactions: Allaroundfan
Thankfully we have a great coaching staff that provides great leadership for our team. We also have great leadership in our senior class. This team will keep working and improving throughout the season. Quite a contrast to some of the whiny, pansy fans who are crying about the season being over after one loss. I think some of you want the coaches to hold your hand. None of the Hawkeye fans that I know are crying about the season being over. Go Hawks !
We ain’t in the Big Ten West anymore. The days of going 8 and 4 and sneaking in the big ten championship game are over. Time to face the fact that if this team is as good as you think, this loss is going to be devastating in December.

Let’s talk after the Ohio St. Game.

We ain’t in the Big Ten West anymore. The days of going 8 and 4 and sneaking in the big ten championship game are over. Time to face the fact that if this team is as good as you think, this loss is going to be devastating in December.
You're barking up the wrong tree there bud. It's best to leave him be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT