ADVERTISEMENT

No Recession?

I sense some political leanings.

Partly?

“Consumers are hanging in there. You might wonder why that would be at this time so late into the cycle. This is the longest expansion ever. Now, you can say the expansion was partly [President Barack] Obama,” he told CNBC’s “Trading Nation” on Friday. “But lingering on this long needs an explanation.

All I've read says that the models that have accurately forecast a recession show a slump coming in 2020. Hopefully soon enough to get him out of office, as long as its coming.

And before someone jumps in here claiming I am rooting for the economy tank to get rid of Trump: Yes. Yes, I am. It's coming anyways, might as well get here soon.

All I've read says that the models that have accurately forecast a recession show a slump coming in 2020. Hopefully soon enough to get him out of office, as long as its coming.

And before someone jumps in here claiming I am rooting for the economy tank to get rid of Trump: Yes. Yes, I am. It's coming anyways, might as well get here soon.

Why do you need a recession to get rid of Trump. I’ve been reading thread after thread that says “we’ve got him!” and that he will go down with impeachment. If you’ve “got him” we are you rooting for a recession? Oh, I know. Just in case you really don’t have him.

Why do you need a recession to get rid of Trump. I’ve been reading thread after thread that says “we’ve got him!” and that he will go down with impeachment. If you’ve “got him” we are you rooting for a recession? Oh, I know. Just in case you really don’t have him.

Nope. He's a criminal moron, and has done enough to be impeached twice over. What we need are his cult followers to feel the pain in their trailer parks and on their second mortgage payments to whittle his support in the Senate.

It seemed like we almost had a mild one the first two quarters of this year. I know our business and national clients we do work with.

I am ok with recessions and actually feel more nervous when you have long periods without them because they tend to be more severe. Similar to earthquakes resulting on plates sliding by, the longer the build up, the bigger the result. Nobody wants another 2008-2012

It seemed like we almost had a mild one the first two quarters of this year. I know our business and national clients we do work with.ill

I am ok with recessions and actually feel more nervous when you’re. have long periods without them because they tend to be more severe. Similar to earthquakes resulting on plates sliding by, the longer the build up, the bigger the result. Nobody wants another 2008-2012
Correct we are overdue for one and I wish it would start. Like you said the longer you go the harder it will be

Our investment team at my bank does not think a recession is coming in 2020 but a slowdown might start late and 2021 would be more likely.

Eventually, the unemployment number can only go so low and it will start to click back the other way.

Eventually, the unemployment number can only go so low and it will start to click back the other way.
Agree and disagree. Sooner or later it will click back, if for no other reason than the fact that it can only go so low - a fair portion of our population is unemployable after all. But reaching some kind of minimal unemployment threshold doesn't mean it must then trend back up. It could hover at some offset of the minimal for as long as the economy remains strong.

The biggest concern I see in the economy is the relative lack of wage growth. This makes it very clear that the current economic environment is cognizant of the reality that this likely will all go away if the wrong person ends up in the White House.

Reactions: jasonrann
Nope. He's a criminal moron, and has done enough to be impeached twice over. What we need are his cult followers to feel the pain in their trailer parks and on their second mortgage payments to whittle his support in the Senate.
Wait... so, now you want people who are struggling, or will feel it the most, to get hit hard because, THEN, they will stop supporting Trump? Meanwhile, the economy is, apparently, strong, despite his presence.

I mean, I totally agree that he is an embarrassment. But, to wish for hard times because he pisses you off seems like... well, it seems like something TRUMP WOULD DO!

I am seeing models that sho no recession in 2020 and if/when we are talking a 3 month recession

Reactions: kkhawk

Nancy she calls vote, why won’t she?

What an ignorant thing to root for in hopes we get rid of Trump.

I’ll double down and hope if a Democrat wins we go into worse than the Great Depression.

What an ignorant thing to root for in hopes we get rid of Trump.

I’ll double down and hope if a Democrat wins we go into worse than the Great Depression.

It’s not because he’s a Republican. It’s because he’s a corrupt criminal scumbag. You’re such a brainwashed sheep, you can’t see you’re now in a cult led by a criminal con man.

Reactions: ft254
Wait... so, now you want people who are struggling, or will feel it the most, to get hit hard because, THEN, they will stop supporting Trump? Meanwhile, the economy is, apparently, strong, despite his presence.

I mean, I totally agree that he is an embarrassment. But, to wish for hard times because he pisses you off seems like... well, it seems like something TRUMP WOULD DO!
I have to agree. Besides, we should not have to have a recession for Trump to be voted out of office. A recession will hurt everybody, including the new president coming in. Besides, unless it is more than a mild recession (which there are no indications), Trump's supporters will not abandon him.

Reactions: strummingram

Agreed, we've had 40 some odd recessions, and I'd be happy with anything that makes his loss more sweeping and complete. The fact that he's not winning every single poll by 5 or 10 points should be telling, because almost any other Republican would be in the current circumstances. I wonder when Republicans start thinking about Trump's Wins Above Replacement value. Hell, George W. Bush put in FAR more fencing and border security measures than Trump, who's all talk....all ranch, no cattle.

I have to agree. Besides, we should not have to have a recession for Trump to be voted out of office. A recession will hurt everybody, including the new president coming in. Besides, unless it is more than a mild recession (which there are no indications), Trump's supporters will not abandon him.
They will NEVER ABANDON HIM! People can find scapegoats, excuses, and generally just bullshit themselves into believing anything.

The biggest concern I see in the economy is the relative lack of wage growth. This makes it very clear that the current economic environment is cognizant of the reality that this likely will all go away if the wrong person ends up in the White House.
. . . what? When was this last wage growth you speak of?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT