ADVERTISEMENT

No respect. Iowa dissed on Gameday

Mitch122

HB MVP
Mar 28, 2008
Just said the top 9 teams are pretty much equal. Wouldn't include Iowa in the group

Beat me to it! Was fun to see Lee standing up for the Hawks. As I mentioned in another thread, I have no problem with talking heads hesitating to label Iowa a CFP-level team, but they should at least base their comments on some sound reasoning. Pretty sure Iowa can at least hang with Stanford, for example. Our performances against common opponent NW would indicate that, at the very least.

Beat me to it! Was fun to see Lee standing up for the Hawks. As I mentioned in another thread, I have no problem with talking heads hesitating to label Iowa a CFP-level team, but they should at least base their comments on some sound reasoning. Pretty sure Iowa can at least hang with Stanford, for example. Our performances against common opponent NW would indicate that, at the very least.

We would more than hang with every team above us.

Oh and BTW, what a great time to segway the shows next segment to the video of teaching kids about Iowa winning a NC.

Reactions: naturalmwa
David Pollack said he "wasn't going to consider Iowa" a contender with the other 9.

I cannot care less about this.

Corso defending Iowa.
At least Corso got someone to FINALLY acknowledge that Alabama actually struggled with a middle of the road Tennessee team at home last week. Especially important after almost universal praise from the crew for how well they've been playing the past few weeks.

At least Corso got someone to FINALLY acknowledge that Alabama actually struggled with a middle of the road Tennessee team at home last week. Especially important after almost universal praise from the crew for how well they've been playing the past few weeks.

No doubt! Thought the same thing. Iowa would matchup very very well against Ala. Hell even Tenn did.

Not to mention that Alabama's wins over Georgia and Texas A&M were perceived to be stronger at the time than they actually are. Alabama didn't play well against a crap Arkansas team either.

Guys, it really doesn't matter. If Iowa wins out, it will get either undefeated OSU or undefeated MSU in the B1G championship. The arguing by the talking heads that watch maybe 3 games a week, at most, is irrelevant. If they were actually competent football minds, they would be coaching. They're not - they wake up in the morning, put on blush and eyeliner, and say a bunch of stupid shit on tv.

They just said temple has a quality win over Penn State.. Yet Wisconsin isn't who they used to be (two losses to Alabam and Iowa) and "Pitt just lost again" (losses to Iowa and 7-1 UNC)

I hope Pitt CRAPS on ND..that'd shake this all up..

Can they diss a team anymore than they just did Iowa? This is one time I seriously hope the players were watching TV and people talking about them. I bet we here about the excuse for Stanford losing to Northwestern, it was a 9 am game for them, it was the first game of the year.

Guys, it really doesn't matter. If Iowa wins out, it will get either undefeated OSU or undefeated MSU in the B1G championship. The arguing by the talking heads that watch maybe 3 games a week, at most, is irrelevant. If they were actually competent football minds, they would be coaching. They're not - they wake up in the morning, put on blush and eyeliner, and say a bunch of stupid shit on tv.

Agreed. Win out, go to playoffs. Non-negotiable.

Win out schedule and lose in BTC. No playoffs, good bowl (probably Rose?).

Lose anywhere on remaining schedule to the clowncar lineup left = fine season, but nothing worth a sniff at a playoff anyway.

Reactions: oldhawk56
Agreed. Win out, go to playoffs. Non-negotiable.

Win out schedule and lose in BTC. No playoffs, good bowl (probably Rose?).

Lose anywhere on remaining schedule to the clowncar lineup left = fine season, but nothing worth a sniff at a playoff anyway.

Exactly. Who cares what they say on Gameday? I guarantee that not a single one of them has watched either Iowa or Maryland play this year. Their opinion on who Iowa can or cannot hang with is completely worthless

Reactions: The Tigerhawk
People, what did you expect? While I don't agree with everything said against Iowa, I think some points made are valid. Just gotta let the season play out, next couple weeks will be the tell tale. If it's that upsetting watch something else.

this x's ten, WGAF what these guys say, let it play out

Reactions: hawk26
The reality for me is this, Iowa is a good team, They could be a very good team, They are not a great team, Guess what, I really don't see any great teams on the college football landscape. Do I feel Iowa is being disrespected, Somewhat, I also think it can help them keep a nice chip on their shoulder as they go through the rest of the season, So I hope the national folks have their fun and continue to question how good Iowa really is, And I hope the staff continues to use it as further motivation as they play games that they "should" win.
Bill Belichick is a master at taking any slight whether perceived in his mind or real and using it to motivate his team, I hope Kirk uses that methodology as well.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Been said several times already, but none of this matters. If the Hawks keep winning, everything will take care of itself. They will have to earn it by beating a "big dog" from the east, anyway. If they don't win out, it's all moot. Only thing that matters is to keep putting up W's.

Pretty fun that we get to have the "Iowa gets no respect" conversations again, though

They have the Philly Fanatic, a mascot that doesn’t talk, doing the picks on GameDay. He’s doing the picks via charades. It’s actually working.

Why has no one mentioned in that Alabama video that the kids were wearing Auburn shirts? I know it was a parody...but come on man...you had one job!

If CJ gets hurt we won't win another game all year.

I don't think that's necessarily true. We did not have CJ at 100% for NU and that did not matter. I think installing BF as "run game coordinator" is paying off in a big way. We've been able to run the ball in the second half of all our conference games thus far. It didn't mean points against Wiscy or Illinois, but we were able to control the ball better in both of those games. God forbid, but if CJ simply can't go, Wiegers doesn't have to make the same kind of throws down the field for us to win. We'll look like we looked last year, which means we could play some .500 ball.

I think that clip came shortly after the discussion where they talked about how the top 9 ranked teams are pretty much equivalent but they exclude Iowa.

Very similar to '09 when all the pundits were talking about how lucky we were to be undefeated given how close all our games were. No respect then either=Orange Bowl champs. Think we can finish even better this year

Man I hope ferentz sits the team down and shows them the conversation before stepping out on the field today. If he does, I feel sorry for Maryland.

Man I hope ferentz sits the team down and shows them the conversation before stepping out on the field today. If he does, I feel sorry for Maryland.
Someone would have to sit Ferentz down and show him first. He’s not tuning in to see Corso’s headgear.

Reactions: Chuck C
When we've sucked in the recent past, we've really sucked...admit it. So we need to earn that reputation back and it'll take time. We're definitely on track to get there.

We would more than hang with every team above us.
til half .... that ESPN dad/kid piece was hilarious and TRUE

th
'Hey I have the best gig in the world ...don't have to win anything and get raises, and my kid is going to replace me to keep the family gravy traing going '

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT