ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody predicted this: FSU to the Sun Bowl to face Arizona State

1 day road trip 520 miles. Depending on weather, it could be a motorcycle trip for me. Looking hard now. All my bellyaching about FSU never playing close, this is the closest they've played to me in 10 years.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Huge step up from the Birmingham Bowl. Especially being on CBS. Iowa played in a few big Sun Bowls back in the day, including crushing PAC co-champs Washington and being stifled by a Pat Tillman led ASU. Former Iowa commit Eno Benjamin is the current Sun Devils stud RB.

Actually, on a previous thread here a few weeks ago, i said I'd heard we
were either going to the Gator or the Sun. You can look it up.

Actually, on a previous thread here a few weeks ago, i said I'd heard we
were either going to the Gator or the Sun. You can look it up.

Actually, I was talking about the media prognosticators who get paid to forecast this shit.

This will be FSU's second trip to the Sun. We lost to Wyoming there in '66. It's tied with the Sugar and Orange Bowls as the second oldest bowl
game in the country, behind the Rose.

Thanks, Lute.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I've been to two sun bowls. in person. had a great time. one time iowa beat Washington. great time. one time iowa lost to ASU. yes it was a home game for them. they were there like crazy. I am fairly certain I watched Pat Tillman that day on the field along with tim Dwight. maybe.

The Sun Bowl setting is beautiful. I haven’t been to the bowl game but have been to a couple of UTEP games (many years ago).

I've never been to El Paso. How is it there? Flights? Hotels? Stadium? Things to do?

If I sneak across the border, get drunk and lose my ID, how difficult is it to get back in the U.S.? What if I am trying to sneak in a senorita?

I've never been to El Paso. How is it there? Flights? Hotels? Stadium? Things to do?

If I sneak across the border, get drunk and lose my ID, how difficult is it to get back in the U.S.? What if I am trying to sneak in a senorita?
sw airlines. el paso is a dump, or it was 20 years ago. probably still is. mountains are great. Mexican food is awesome. char broiler for burgers. a bunch of strip clubs on lee Trevino blvd

The stadium is awesome.

Stay away from the Walmart, though....

(too soon?)

The stadium is awesome.

Stay away from the Walmart, though....

(too soon?)

I get it, but staying away from any Walmart is a good idea, unless you treat it as entertainment, like the zoo, to observe the animals.

My wife finished high school in El Paso, and started college at UTEP. Both of her brothers are UTEP alum. I went to a few games while they were there, and went across the border to Juarez. Long time ago, early to mid 80s.
The mountains were very pretty. El Paso was heavily industrial, and not very pretty other than the mountains.

there used to be a youtube of some college kid and his girlfriend "making out" in the mountains during a game. and by making out I mean basically about 3rd base ish

My wife finished high school in El Paso, and started college at UTEP. Both of her brothers are UTEP alum. I went to a few games while they were there, and went across the border to Juarez. Long time ago, early to mid 80s.
The mountains were very pretty. El Paso was heavily industrial, and not very pretty other than the mountains.
my wife's cousin lived there. we used to go there a lot. they lived by the mountain with the thunderbird on it. it was awesome to look at. the town is kind of a dump, but , the mountains are good. they get a light dusting of snow sometimes. pretty cool. there is a car wash with Mexican food, owned by the haddads . never tried the food but I sat with them at the first sun bowl I went to, good folks

You going to go to the game?

I’ve never been either. My sister used to be stationed at Fort Bliss and actually enjoyed it.

I did look briefly and a flight from Tallahassee runs 315-450, depending on the day you return via American.

I’ve never been either. My sister used to be stationed at Fort Bliss and actually enjoyed it.

I did look briefly and a flight from Tallahassee runs 315-450, depending on the day you return via American.

I just checked Southwest from Tampa. It is around $400, depending on flights. My initial response from several friends is the time and place are inconvenient. If other Warchant refugees are going to go, post in this thread. We will be outnumbered, probably by a lot.

Reactions: Gonolz
I just checked Southwest from Tampa. It is around $400, depending on flights. My initial response from several friends is the time and place are inconvenient. If other Warchant refugees are going to go, post in this thread. We will be outnumbered, probably by a lot.

The game is at 2 p.m. on New Years Eve. Flight and hotel prices are going to be jacked up.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
hayden fry was from right down the road in eastland, tx so basically the el paso folks used to cheer for iowa

ok guys, have you been to that Miami section of town where it's like all Cubans? I went there when I went to orange bowl. el paso is kind of like that . kind of sleazy. in certain sections

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT