ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Politics Thread

The boundary waters were horrible this year for mosquitoes
We went to George Manitou on Saturday and hiked the Beaver Bog trail. Someone in our party really should have put 2 and 2 together on that one.
However, we did see a lot of moose hoof prints. So, that was cool.

I went to prairie du chien today to go to the fish market and Petes. Turns out both are closed on Tuesdays. Went to Cabellas and bought a bag of burnt peanuts, Bass Pro party mix and a Bass Pro Hat. I learned you should Google things before going.
So, where did you have lunch? The walleye at Fort Mulligans is a solid back up.

I used to laugh at those jag offs from Minnesota who would tell tales of their mosquitoes. Well, after two full weeks this Summer in Minnesota hiking through prime mosquito habitat I can confirm those are the biggest, most aggressive mosquitoes this side of the jungles of Nam.
I've always thought it was crazy that the mosquitoes grew so much larger the farther north one travels. We had one near Winnipeg bump into our car and nearly knock it off the road. Meanwhile the ones on the Congaree River in South Carolina can barely be seen with the naked eye. But, I hate them all.

Yeah 18 teams and no divisions is crazy and going to be a mess. I think it's stupidity to not have divisions. I actually would welcome 4 divisions and cut the season short for in league playoffs. Thoughts?
I think we’re going to see puzzle pieces shifting around every couple years via conference expansion until we eventually settle on 36-48 “premier” programs and a 16-team playoff. The B1G and SEC will be the last two standing and yes, current members of those leagues will be shuffled off into the Big 12 and ACC. Top 8 teams in each league make the playoffs and CCG are done away with.

Just my prediction.

Reactions: Chishawk1425

Surface of Comet 67P​

sx6kChk.png

Just got back from 10 days in northern Minnesota. I didn’t notice the mosquitos to be too bad as the property is sprayed. However the god damn flies- horse and deer- are ****ing animals and everywhere.

I got family waaaay up North Minnesota....like 1 hour South of Baudette in BFE and we always called them Moose Flies......them sonsofbitches would bite like crazy

Reactions: win4jj
How was the show?

Guessing this was a different show he went to, but I saw the Counting Crows a few weeks back on Saturday at the John Deere Classic after golf was over and I must say I was extremely disappointed.

They were probably my favorite band growing up I would say damn near and I was really looking forward to some feel good feels and nostalgia, but they were horrible.

Tried playing a bunch of songs that weren't their hits and then when they did play the hits, they did the whole thing where they had to change up the arrangement and sing it all different and sh*tty.

At least that's what I thought anyways.

Guessing this was a different show he went to, but I saw the Counting Crows a few weeks back on Saturday at the John Deere Classic after golf was over and I must say I was extremely disappointed.

They were probably my favorite band growing up I would say damn near and I was really looking forward to some feel good feels and nostalgia, but they were horrible.

Tried playing a bunch of songs that weren't their hits and then when they did play the hits, they did the whole thing where they had to change up the arrangement and sing it all different and sh*tty.

Bum deal, not what I would have expected.

Reactions: JustSayOV
Bum deal, not what I would have expected.

Just my 2 cents and full disclosure we didn't stay for their whole set.

But I'll put it this way, we were all waiting for the show to start and we are a little ways away as it being on a golf course and all and this band comes on stage, doesn't say anything into the mic and just starts playing this song we didn't recognize. Adam Duritz now does not look like Adam Duritz then and this "band" started singing and we couldn't figure out if it was Counting Crows or not....then like after the second song, he finally said something to the crowd and they started playing Omaha and it was like "huh.....I guess it is Counting Crows."

The mosquitoes in the UP are worse than the mosquitoes in northern Minnesota. We went to Tahquamenon Falls State Park in late June about 10 years ago and they were absolutely horrible. The NP had her hood tight up around her face the entire time and rushed us through the park. No type or amount of bug spray helped. It was a beautiful park though.

Was buying the little guy some food/snacks at the grocery store yesterday day and some old like mid 80’s lady comes close by and puts a bunch of stage 1 baby food that comes in a jar into her cart. Is she buying that crap for herself? Didn’t get a look at her face mouth to see if she had any teeth.
Kinda weirded me out.

My no pic wife was a die hard counting crows fan growing up. About 10 years ago she went to a crow show at red rocks with some friends. Came walking in the door about an hour earlier than I expected her to. Said the same thing as you. Most disappointing concert she had ever been to.

I noticed yesterday they were installing charging stations in the local Fareway parking lot. Is that something the company is doing everywhere?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT