ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Politics Thread

In the movie "Midnight Run", the train scene filmed in Flagstaff, AZ actually foiled a kidnapping. The kidnappers saw or heard the movie police cars, thought they were real, pushed the kidnappee away and took off.
I’ve got a hot SIL(no pics) that lives in Flagstaff. She’s super high maintenance though which is a huge turnoff for me. CSB

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
My kids start school next week. My oldest is going to be a senior. I’m not real sure how I am feeling about that. Or, frankly, how I’m supposed to feel.
Enjoy your eldest child’s senior year as it goes by quickly. When our youngest kid was a senior, she was involved in several sports. My wife and I enjoyed going to all those sporting events…we miss that time now.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Enjoy your eldest child’s senior year as it goes by quickly. When our youngest kid was a senior, she was involved in several sports. My wife and I enjoyed going to all those sporting events…we miss that time now.
Agree. We’re moving our oldest out to Rider University in NJ in a couple weeks. It still hasn’t really sunk in that he’s leaving.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
20240807-123720.jpg
Kinda spooky looking:

That the nuke for your Beattle problem?

Thanks. We sure will. His senior soccer tryouts start today. Pretty surreal that all these years and here we are... Again, not real sure how to feel about it. I try to give my self all the silver linings, but then reality sets in and it makes me sad.

Cade is somehow healthy I have us at 11-1. Leaning 10-2 though. 10-2 and stomped in BIG title game again we are out of playoffs. Thoughts?
If Cade is healthy my heart says Iowa will be 11-1, my head says 9-3 and my gut says 10-2.

For what it’s worth I think there is a likelihood of multiple 11-1 teams (say OSU loses to Oregon but beats Michigan and Oregon loses 1 they shouldn’t). So 10-2 may miss the B10 championship.

On a related note: anyone know the new tiebreaker rules for determining the B10championship game? I’ve looked and can’t find a thing.

What would be interesting is an 11-1 team that loses a non head to head tiebreaker case and the other team gets smoked in the championship and is 11-2…then who goes to the playoffs? Should be a lot of fun speculation later in the season for sure.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Guessing this was a different show he went to, but I saw the Counting Crows a few weeks back on Saturday at the John Deere Classic after golf was over and I must say I was extremely disappointed.

They were probably my favorite band growing up I would say damn near and I was really looking forward to some feel good feels and nostalgia, but they were horrible.

Tried playing a bunch of songs that weren't their hits and then when they did play the hits, they did the whole thing where they had to change up the arrangement and sing it all different and sh*tty.

At least that's what I thought anyways.

My experience was exactly the opposite.

That is thing about concerts; you never know what you are going to get.

I know this happens everywhere, but trust me it is worse in Ames MooU being here.

Anybody get sick of somebody in a big farm truck that speeds up to tailgate you? I love setting the cruise at the speed limit and torment them.

I know this happens everywhere, but trust me it is worse in Ames MooU being here.

Anybody get sick of somebody in a big farm truck that speeds up to tailgate you? I love setting the cruise at the speed limit and torment them.
NOTHING and I mean NOTHING makes me go the exact speed limit quicker than a jackass tailgating me.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT