ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern University unveils what temporary lakefront football stadium will look like

Are we going JUCO in the Big Ten?

They should have thought this through further.

I know they were working with local professional teams for some alternate site games. Between Soldier and Wrigley, not sure why they weren't able to pull off the whole season.

Isn't Soldier fields turf a mess with just them playing the bears games? Imagine them playing 5-6 more games on that... and iirc the Wrigley field grass was a monstrosity in its own right when Iowa played NW last year.

So they’re just putting up temporary bleachers all around the rest of the soccer stadium. Good call. Soccer games look great there, with Lake Michigan in the background. Have some fond Hawkeye memories from there:

I know they were working with local professional teams for some alternate site games. Between Soldier and Wrigley, not sure why they weren't able to pull off the whole season.

They are playing their November games at wrigley but the cubs wouldn’t allow them to play there during their season.

Honestly, this was their only true option. And I think it's a pretty cool one at that.

This is better than a high school stadium, Seat Geek Stadium and SF are way too far away, Wrigley was out until November. This appears to be walking distance from campus and from what I've read it'll have even more parking than Ryan has. Their practice field is right next door, so locker room facilities might be even better than Ryan.

And what a view it'll be to see the lake in the background! Granted, every game will probably be windy as hell - but my bet is unless it's a hurricane out there there'll be boats galore bobbing around in every TV shot we see.

Construct the seating, get the field football ready (goalposts, netting, benches, clocks, etc), set up TV/radio infrastructure...voila - done. Just have to hope they can get everything done in the roughly 2.5 months they have to do it all.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT