ADVERTISEMENT

QB Ryan Fitzgerald, son of ex-Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald, commits to Iowa football

This is a Kid with good mobility , average arm, good pocket awareness , accurate, shows touch and can hurt a defense with His legs, Very smart Player , there is a highlight where He breaks pocket contain and stretches the play with the line of scrimmage line in mind to give His receivers more time to break clear before taking off, Very very well Coached and advanced for a HS Jr in the tape. this is an INSANE pick up for PWO and He played in a very very similar offense as Lester's

Last edited:
Really? Most likely scenario is he never starts for Iowa and transfers elsewhere if he ever wants to play. The guys KF has recruited intentionally at QB have been mostly busts. So you're thinking a fellow coaches son from the Good Ole boy network walking on is a big break for Iowa? This is just a chance for Fitz's son to build the resume to get into the lucrative field of coaching college/NFL football.
watch His tape as a HS Jr before popping off , This is a scholarship worthy Player at a P4 , He would be a 4 or 5 star QB if He had a bigger arm but the arm is adequate and accurate

I expect he will end up moved to DB or another non-QB position, noting how KF loves to recruit QBs for other roles

May depend on how set Ryan is on QB, but time will tell

Finally, I LOVE the idea of Fitz sitting in Kinnick rabidly rooting for the Hawkeyes. Always admired his ability to beat us even when we were clearly the superior team
Probably won't be sitting in Beth's box.

Are you saying Fat Pat wants to send his son to Iowa to help us win a national championship?!?!?! :eek:
Well, then, in that case..........

go away gtfo GIF

Reactions: Moral
Would not shock me to see him playing a different position than QB. KF loves him some former HSQBs as athletes and team leaders and there are many examples of former HSQBs finding great success at other positions than QB at Iowa.

Sadly, there aren’t too many QBs of any type finding success at that position at Iowa recently. :-(

I take this as quite the nod of support and respect coming from Pat Fitzgerald,.. Glad to have Ryan onboard.
I think that part of it is also a reflection that Kirk probably reached out and offered support to Pat when the shit started hitting the fan over at NW. That likely further cemented in Pat's mind that Kirk is a guy who practices what he preaches ... the sort of dude you want your kid to play for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT