ADVERTISEMENT

QB Ryan Fitzgerald, son of ex-Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald, commits to Iowa football

Heard of this almost a week ago.

Wonder if the guy who told me this has an inside source that's ahead of the game, or if he prematurely understood it to be official.

Welcome aboard Ryan!

Don't know the details regarding the hazing scandal. But that aside, I always loved Fitzy as a coach

This is getting stupid.

KF isn't running a program in the modern era...he's running a freakin daycare.

Next!
How so?

I can't even begin to understand what you might be talking about.

The guy is a walk-on. Is there some sort of downside to having him on the team that I'm unaware of?

And if "next!" is supposed to mean you want a new coach, spare us your reasoning for that. I don't even want to hear it

Is this a QB room or an Irish CPA firm?

Sullivan, Sullivan, Fitzgerald & McNamara, LLC
I expect he will end up moved to DB or another non-QB position, noting how KF loves to recruit QBs for other roles

May depend on how set Ryan is on QB, but time will tell

Finally, I LOVE the idea of Fitz sitting in Kinnick rabidly rooting for the Hawkeyes. Always admired his ability to beat us even when we were clearly the superior team

1254172884282.jpg

This is getting stupid.

KF isn't running a program in the modern era...he's running a freakin daycare.

Next!
This is a 247 three star, two time state champion quarterback in the state of Illinois. If you don’t understand how lucky we are to have gotten him as PWO then you are not worth the time I spent typing this reply.

Seen that also, wonder what’s going on. Scholarship from someone?
if someone ponied up Iowa should as well to keep Him, Get the room back to 5 QBs , He is a 3 star who is athletic and a Coaches Kid who will be thru sheer involvement around His Father be well Coached and mentally advanced

So, what's the deal? The Rivals site still say he's a decommit as of today.

This is a nice get. For a former coach to entrust his kid with Lester is good advertising. I’m starting to believe a little bit. Lester has accomplished a lot since he has been here. It seem different. It’s like he has some power . If Ryan is anything like his dad, adding some toughness to the QB room won’t hurt a thing.

This is a nice get. For a former coach to entrust his kid with Lester is good advertising. I’m starting to believe a little bit. Lester has accomplished a lot since he has been here. It seem different. It’s like he has some power . If Ryan is anything like his dad, adding some toughness to the QB room won’t hurt a thing.
It also would seem Little Fitz would be a de factor assistant coach within the QB unit.

This is a 247 three star, two time state champion quarterback in the state of Illinois. If you don’t understand how lucky we are to have gotten him as PWO then you are not worth the time I spent typing this reply.

Really? Most likely scenario is he never starts for Iowa and transfers elsewhere if he ever wants to play. The guys KF has recruited intentionally at QB have been mostly busts. So you're thinking a fellow coaches son from the Good Ole boy network walking on is a big break for Iowa? This is just a chance for Fitz's son to build the resume to get into the lucrative field of coaching college/NFL football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT