ADVERTISEMENT

Not a large senior class

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Looks like 14-15 seniors, May lose someone early to the draft or portal transfers but I don't see the 24 class being much more than 18-20. With 11 committed, with a few commits from the June 23rd official visit weekend, we could be close to wrapping up Swarm 24.

Two interesting names that currently have not been listed for the June 23rd weekend are Brix and Cramm. Are we still recruiting them?

Looks like 14-15 seniors, May lose someone early to the draft or portal transfers but I don't see the 24 class being much more than 18-20. With 11 committed, with a few commits from the June 23rd official visit weekend, we could be close to wrapping up Swarm 24.

Two interesting names that currently have not been listed for the June 23rd weekend are Brix and Cramm. Are we still recruiting them?
Good, that means more experience coming back so we can resume winning national championships!!! :D

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye

I would assume Brix is still a take, but as is stated in other threads, it does not appear Iowa is really in the hunt at this point. Someone can feel free to correct me on this.

Not so sure about that. Doll will likely be more of a receiver than a running back.
Gonna be interesting with Doll because I believe he missed most/all of this springs track season. I realize the earliest he might see the field is the 2025 season, but if it's some lingering injury?

Gonna be interesting with Doll because I believe he missed most/all of this springs track season. I realize the earliest he might see the field is the 2025 season, but if it's some lingering injury?
That would be a hell of long lingering injury.

Not to make fun, but that’s like when somebody gets a headache and says “What if it’s brain cancer!?!”

Okay, I’m kind of making fun 😉

That would be a hell of long lingering injury.

Not to make fun, but that’s like when somebody gets a headache and says “What if it’s brain cancer!?!”

Okay, I’m kind of making fun 😉
Maybe he's rehabbing with Keagan Johnson?

Reactions: Birky
when did he get hurt? I did not expect him to play till his 2nd year. as far as what I can he has not even been slotted as to where he will play, have seen anywhere from the cash to WR to RB or even CB or safety.

after all he is listed as a ATH. at 6'1 he can play just anywhere the coaches want.

Going forward I’m just going to assume at least 6 transfers every season so I have no doubt we’ll end up with 20+ in the end.

depending upon who they finish the 24 class with will play a big part in who and how many they get out of the portal.

so if some you are counting on Iowa getting 6 or more out of the portal you are going to be sadly disappointed. the portal is nice to use but expect more like 1-3 out of the portal to fill a hole.

Reactions: dadster
depending upon who they finish the 24 class with will play a big part in who and how many they get out of the portal.

so if some you are counting on Iowa getting 6 or more out of the portal you are going to be sadly disappointed. the portal is nice to use but expect more like 1-3 out of the portal to fill a hole.

Imo I’d be surprised if 1-3 was the norm. I think it’s more likely we see something in between that and what we saw this year.

1st there has to be room for all these portal players, this was a fluke year on the number of players needed.

I agree this is on the high side of the number of transfers I’d expect every year…but I think you’re on the low side of what to expect as well.

With kids leaving early and the transfer portal, I think Senior classes will be small every year.
Any kid riding the bench that thinks they are good enough to start elsewhere, even if transferring to a UNI level are probably gonna depart. Iowa still maybe picks up a senior from time to time.

When is comes to conference TV rights, this might have impact if it happens. Comcast owns NBC. ABC sports rights are though ESPN.

Not sure about Cram. I think Brix has decided to pass on Iowa. Too bad.

I totally disagree. Not landing Brix is is a big loss.
why is it a big loss. do you have crystal ball showing that he was a 3 year starter and a Out Land Trophy Winner and 1st rnd NFL Draft pick.

gee you should give your crystal ball too so they can know who to get and who not to get,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT