ADVERTISEMENT

NOT A WOMEN'S THREAD: Sandfort Staying or Going?

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
Interesting. Page 1 of the Hawkeye basketball board has 30+ different threads on women's basketball...and just ONE on anything relating to men's basketball? Hilariously, there are more threads on Diana Tarasi and...checks notes...Christie Sides? than on whether or not the men's basketball team's best player will choose to return to Iowa or stay in the NBA draft.

Sandfort's deadline is today. His decision will go a long way toward whether the Hawks make another NCAA tournament next year or slide to mediocrity. The experts say he's still on the fence after a rough performance at the combine but good individual workouts with teams.

I'm sorry to break it to most of you, but Caitlin Clark and her crew have graduated and moved on. There are no longer any Gabbie Marshalls or Kate Martins on the team. Interest in Hawkeye women's basketball will quickly plummet back to the norm. When it does, you will go back to exclusively following men's basketball, like 95% of of college basketball fans who prefer watching a more entertaining brand of basketball.

It kinda makes one wonder...how many posters on here use tampons and how many actually care about men's sports?

Last edited:
Interesting. Page 1 of the Hawkeye basketball board has 30+ different threads on women's basketball...and just ONE on anything relating to men's basketball? Hilariously, there are more threads on Diana Tarasi and...checks notes...Christie Sides? than on whether or not the men's basketball team's best player will choose to return to Iowa or stay in the NBA draft. Sandfort's deadline is today. His decision will go a long way toward whether the Hawks make another NCAA tournament next year or slide to mediocrity. The experts say he's still on the fence after a rough performance at the combine but good individual workouts with teams.

News flash. Caitlin Clark and her crew graduated and moved on. Interest in Hawkeye women's basketball will quickly plummet back to the norm next year and you will go back to exclusively following men's basketball, like 95% of the rest of college basketball fans.

It kinda makes one wonder...how many posters on here use tampons and how many actually care about men's sports?
Thanks for your opinion

Interesting. Page 1 of the Hawkeye basketball board has 30+ different threads on women's basketball...and just ONE on anything relating to men's basketball? Hilariously, there are more threads on Diana Tarasi and...checks notes...Christie Sides? than on whether or not the men's basketball team's best player will choose to return to Iowa or stay in the NBA draft.

Sandfort's deadline is today. His decision will go a long way toward whether the Hawks make another NCAA tournament next year or slide to mediocrity. The experts say he's still on the fence after a rough performance at the combine but good individual workouts with teams.

I'm sorry to break it to most of you, but Caitlin Clark and her crew have graduated and moved on. There are no longer any Gabbie Marshalls or Kate Martins on the team. Interest in Hawkeye women's basketball will quickly plummet back to the norm. When it does, you will go back to exclusively following men's basketball, like 95% of of college basketball fans who prefer watching a more entertaining brand of basketball.

College basketball is also part of a free market economy, governed by consumer demand for the product being offered. When the product improves, the demand will increase. It's pretty simple, really.

ColesLaw's takes are always the worst....

aubry-survivor-coleslaw.gif%20%20%20%20%20

you-wanted-salad-toss.gif

Sandfort hasn't decided yet. In the meantime, it's fine to make threads about a program that is much more popular than the men's program. Please come back and tell us all about the men's team when you've finished all of the intravenous testosterone you've been taking. Or, just stand in the mirror and flex some more.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I’m kinda dense because I’m a natural blonde, but I think he just called us the “P” word.

Sandfort schmandfort.

I hope he stays. But in a few years time he'll likely occupy the same space in the collective consciousness of Iowa fans as a Uthoff or a Wieskamp, each largely indiscernible from the other.

Now this lil Miss Caitlin here. Seems she's REALLY good with the ole roundball. More interesting right now.

I agree with OP. If you're a dude and you're spending your free time watching the WNBA, you may want to re-evaluate your life a little. Doubly true if you're not only watching WNBA games but posting about those games on internet message boards.

Agreed. The weather has been so nice, I can't imagine sitting inside watching the wnba.

Reactions: warriors dad
The women's team, especially with one of the greatest female college players of all time, has been a joy to watch the last couple of years. The men--not so much--although they have had a few moments. The men's program is stale. The players and the coaches have not connected with the fans the way the women's program has.

Any male who is jealous of Iowa women's basketball and the women who have moved on to make their mark on the previously unknown WNBA--namely but not exclusively Caitlin Clark--may need to reevaluate a few things.

I believe the women's program, even without CC, will continue to draw my interest and that of thousands of other Iowa sports fans. If you aren't among them, too bad for you.

Speaking of Sandfort, did you see Caitlin’s stats from last night??

She’s already one of the best players in the league

No doubt.
Good for her! Now I think this is a Hawkeye message board not a WNBA board. Should be off-topic I would think. Caitlin was a great Hawk and I hope she tears that league up but its time to talk about the current players not past players! I hope Sandfort comes back and if he declares today then I will no longer talk about him anymore either!

In keeping with the thread title:

Sandfort Staying or Going?​

If PS decides to stay, then I'm good with it. It's his decision right now in his life for his life.
If he decides to stay, and the Hawks improve sufficiently to make the NCAA Tourney, and perhaps advance to the Sweet Sixteen, then I personally will have a renewed excitement for the team. If, during his remaining time here, he addresses what the NBA Scouts and coaches need him to improve upon, and he does improve, his draft stock could improve as well by next year.
If he decides to stay in the draft, then my question would be whether the team would be good enough without his services to even make to the NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: Tunadog

Geez, you really do still hate women. Maybe someday you'll find someone who loves you for you. I'm sorry your mother didn't.

Reactions: Tunadog

Good news to the few who watch men's basketball. He's back!!

Now beta males, feel free to go back to listening to the Indego Girls, admiring Kate Martin's pant suits, and discussing the Phoenix Mercury (who literally shot 1 for 27 from three point range yesterday).

Now beta males, feel free to go back to listening to the Indego Girls, admiring Kate Martin's pant suits, and discussing the Phoenix Mercury (who literally shot 1 for 27 from three point range yesterday).
See you next December when you pretend to care about Iowa basketball. 🫠

Mtv Shut Up GIF

Sandfort schmandfort.

I hope he stays. But in a few years time he'll likely occupy the same space in the collective consciousness of Iowa fans as a Uthoff or a Wieskamp, each largely indiscernible from the other.

Now this lil Miss Caitlin here. Seems she's REALLY good with the ole roundball. More interesting right now.
I will have a hard time remembering the Sandfort name in about 24 months.

His return doesn’t move the needle much. Iowa men’s basketball = Yawwwn.

Caitlin made the right decision to not come back.

This helps the team's chances of making the NCAA tourney. I still don't consider them likely to make the tourney, but possibly closer to the good side of the bubble.

What does that tell you?

Nice self own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT