ADVERTISEMENT

Not impressed with Tim Brando and company

• Thread starter anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
  • Start date
And KF needs to be grilled on why he didn't challenge that. That was a huge moment in the game and an obvious bad call.

Yes, it is obvious that the coaches don't pay attention to this or have someone on staff pay attention to it. I would say easily 90-95% of the coaching staffs around the country are challenging that. Very big play, as they are not going for it on 4th and 1in that scenario. Help your team out.

Was also embarrassing that we were clueless about the new clock rule after kickoffs. We have already played a game under those rules.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Yes, it is obvious that the coaches don't pay attention to this or have someone on staff pay attention to it. I would say easily 90-95% of the coaching staffs around the country are challenging that. Very big play, as they are not going for it on 4th and 1in that scenario. Help your team out.

Was also embarrassing that we were clueless about the new clock rule after kickoffs. We have already played a game under those rules.

The challenge issue got me thinking. Can anyone think of a time KF has used a coach's challenge? I am sure he has but nothing comes to mind.

All this talk of Holly and not one damn photo?

ooYTIAyh.jpg

Tillman went on and on about TJs elbow being down. Thing is, it is where the ball is when the player is down. He clearly had the first down. Anyone who wasn't a Clone fan or one of today's officials saw it at first glance.

That was one of the dumbest things Ive ever heard an announcer dig his heels in on.

Its like he just couldn't accept the reality of where the ball was in relation to the elbow.

That was one of the dumbest things Ive ever heard an announcer dig his heels in on.

Its like he just couldn't accept the reality of where the ball was in relation to the elbow.

It is amazing that a guy who played in the NFL could be so clueless about basic football rules. This one is not peculiar to college-it is the same at every level of football. His ignorance is on a level with Barry Foster not attempting to field a squib kickoff for the Steelers his rookie year because he thought a kickoff was the same as a punt.

Brando was OK, certainly not great, but his sidekick might as well have been wearing a red-and-gold ISU cheerleader outfit. I do believe I saw some ISU-pom-poms in the booth. And how can they justify paying that sideline "reporter"? But I guess that's what you get with FOX.
Tim Brando is my favorite announcer, he is enthusiastic and fun. A likeable and entertaining personality

Y
Spencer Tillman just hates Iowa and doesn't think they are worthy of paying attention and knowing.
Not only was he an All-American at Oklahoma, and captain of the National Champion team in '85, he's obviously smart too! Keep up the good work.

Wait a second, how about Brando's Beano Cook impersonation?

Gave me a good laugh. Good improv at least for a boring game.
Personally, I thought it was disrespectful of both Cook and Fry and it was poorly done.

Brando seemed like he was calling another game with some of his dumb comments. And Tillman seemed like an idiot trying to make his mark on sports commentary. This Holly person needs lessons on everything, and I'm willing to teach.
I retract all my previous comments on Brando. I just rewatched the game, and quite frankly he was good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT