ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure if mentioned but J McDonald Defensive POY In Georgia

I suspect Georgia HS football has some of the best talent in the country. Heard a radio show say the #1 state for NFL players is Georgia with 29 going to high school there. It opens a great door for the Hawks!

I don't know Iowa will every pull out huge numbers from Georgia. But 1 to a several per year would be very good. Creamer last year and now McDonald. If they both have success, Iowa becomes seen as a place where a guy can succeed if he doesn't have an offer from Georgia, FL, or some team in his backyard.

The Gophers jumped all over that GA talent this year with 5 recruits; and another 5 from Florida. How they convinced that many from each state to come way up north and row that sinking boat I'll never understand.

The Twin Cities, the Super Bowl was there.. that area has some draw to it. Plus a fine high energy used car salesman like PJ and there you have it. There’s a lot of water up there for boat rowing and ski u ma’ing. I’ve always thougt with the kind of recruiter Fleck is and to have a big city at his disposal he will land some top talent up there..

The Twin Cities, the Super Bowl was there.. that area has some draw to it. Plus a fine high energy used car salesman like PJ and there you have it. There’s a lot of water up there for boat rowing and ski u ma’ing. I’ve always thougt with the kind of recruiter Fleck is and to have a big city at his disposal he will land some top talent up there..

The Super Bowl was there? ... what does that have to do with recruiting a kid to play college football. Also, a big city has virtually no effective draw when recruiting a college football athlete... unless of course a kid really wants that...which may not be a good thing if you want him focused in class, practice and staying out of trouble

I suspect Georgia HS football has some of the best talent in the country. Heard a radio show say the #1 state for NFL players is Georgia with 29 going to high school there. It opens a great door for the Hawks!
they had 44 4/5* guys this year!!
probably more than ohio, mi, il, and mo combined!

apparently they have dozen of HS coaches making $100k+ down there....

Last edited:
The Super Bowl was there? ... what does that have to do with recruiting a kid to play college football. Also, a big city has virtually no effective draw when recruiting a college football athlete... unless of course a kid really wants that...which may not be a good thing if you want him focused in class, practice and staying out of trouble

Oh I’ll go ahead and disagree with just about everything you said as far as recruiting. A kid is going to live in a place for the next 3-5 years, and you think his surroundings won’t factor into his decision virtually AT ALL?? Of course class and football being # 1 but also many kids that are from a larger city may feel more comfortable in area with more things going on and a more dirverse setting that a bigger city may bring. And Kids can find trouble anywhere they go if they want too.. so throw that out. I’ve seen not haveing anything to do out side of class and football lead to bad decisions as well.. But I’m sure the twin cities surprised many of the kids who had never been there before with Pre arranged thoughts of what Minnesota may be. If you don’t think PJ Fleck can and will use the Twin Cities and whatever leverage he can in recruiting to his advantage to recruit kids to Minnesota I think you’re about to be in for a surprise..

What does The Super Bowl have to do with recruiting a kid to play college football??? LOL!! I was so shocked that you said that I found this for you..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...esota-football-super-bowl-pj-fleck-recruiting

Oh I’ll go ahead and disagree with just about everything you said as far as recruiting. A kid is going to live in a place for the next 3-5 years, and you think his surroundings won’t factor into his decision virtually AT ALL?? Of course class and football being # 1 but also many kids that are from a larger city may feel more comfortable in area with more things going on and a more dirverse setting that a bigger city may bring. And Kids can find trouble anywhere they go if they want too.. so throw that out. I’ve seen not haveing anything to do out side of class and football lead to bad decisions as well.. But I’m sure the twin cities surprised many of the kids who had never been there before with Pre arranged thoughts of what Minnesota may be. If you don’t think PJ Fleck can and will use the Twin Cities and whatever leverage he can in recruiting to his advantage to recruit kids to Minnesota I think you’re about to be in for a surprise..

No doubt PJ will use everything at his disposal. I'd be surprised if he didn't. I'm just saying college campus atmosphere and big city are rather different vibes. Yes, kids can find trouble anywhere if they're prone...but as one who's lived in both places I can tell you there's a big difference between what goes down on 1st avenue on a Saturday night (crime and gangsta wise) and downtown Iowa City or Lincoln or Madison...

Curiously enough, the Super Bowl actually highlights a major drawback of playing football at Minnesota...you're always gonna be second banana to the Vikings.

Last edited:
Did he pay in the best league/conf, whatever you want to call it, in GA?

He played for North Gwinnett High. They were 7A state champions, which is the largest class in Georgia. Guessing he played against some great competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT