ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame #16 AP, #14 Coaches despite losing to Northern Illinois

Aug 5, 2022
phoenix, AZ
And Northern Illinois lost yesterday to Buffalo. I guess that's how it works when you start #5 . . . or when you're Notre Dame and living on legends of years long gone by. Although ND did blast Miami--the one from Ohio--28-3 yesterday. And they have Army, Navy, Virginia, and Georgia Tech still on the schedule . . . I hope none of their boys get hurt.

And Northern Illinois lost yesterday to Buffalo. I guess that's how it works when you start #5 . . . or when you're Notre Dame and living on legends of years long gone by. Although ND did blast Miami--the one from Ohio--28-3 yesterday. And they have Army, Navy, Virginia, and Georgia Tech still on the schedule . . . I hope none of their boys get hurt.
They're also propped up with a top 20 road win in week 1.

Reactions: LuteHawk
As my dad once told me: "The reason Notre Dame is always
ranked high in the AP Football Poll........All the Roman Catholic
Priests in America pray for them on a daily basis."

• Haha
Reactions: hawkirugged17
This is why they should start ranking teams only after week 5 or 6. Look at the SEC with their 6 or 7 top 10 teams.

Iowa fans complaining about ND being ranked is kinda funny. They beat Texas A&M on the road in week 1. That's more impressive than any Iowa win since 2017. Not every program out there counts on beating middle-of-the-road teams all year to slip into the rankings by default.

Maybe when Iowa starts not looking like a H.S. team against high-quality opponents, the fans can start giving their opinions about who should and shouldn't be ranked.

Iowa fans complaining about ND being ranked is kinda funny. They beat Texas A&M on the road in week 1. That's more impressive than any Iowa win since 2017. Not every program out there counts on beating middle-of-the-road teams all year to slip into the rankings by default.

Maybe when Iowa starts not looking like a H.S. team against high-quality opponents, the fans can start giving their opinions about who should and shouldn't be ranked.
So, unless the team you cheer for is exceptional your opinion on college football is invalid. Right.

Reactions: millah_22
So, unless the team you cheer for is exceptional your opinion on college football is invalid. Right.
Not necessarily. But the folks complaining about ND in this thread are the same ones saying Iowa isn’t getting enough votes in other threads. So in this context, yes.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Notre Dame just notched their 2nd top 25 win of the season. I think they're rated right where they're supposed to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT