ADVERTISEMENT

Now we root for the Boilers

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Crazy season. Of course Iowa has to keep winning and win out to have a chance for the West title. Iowa is tied with Wisky and Minny so even if Illinois keeps losing if Iowa loses to either Wisky or Minny then those teams will bypass the hawks.

But first things first, Illinois has to lose at least 2 more games for Iowa to sneak in.

But, at this point I am just glad the hawks are looking like a complete team. I hope they finish 8-4 but 6-6 and a bowl game would be disappointing but a chance to see the hawks play again in a bowl.

Long way to go. I think there is a decent chance that the West champion ends this season in a B12 North-esque 4 way tie with every team having 4 conference losses.

• Haha
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Hard to root for Purdue, but I think I can manage to do it when they play Illinois.

Funny how that game went from the de facto B1G West championship game to another pillow-fight. Both IL and Purd looked AWFUL at home today.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
Crazy season. Of course Iowa has to keep winning and win out to have a chance for the West title. Iowa is tied with Wisky and Minny so even if Illinois keeps losing if Iowa loses to either Wisky or Minny then those teams will bypass the hawks.

But first things first, Illinois has to lose at least 2 more games for Iowa to sneak in.

But, at this point I am just glad the hawks are looking like a complete team. I hope they finish 8-4 but 6-6 and a bowl game would be disappointing but a chance to see the hawks play again in a bowl.
And Illinois has to play Michigan at the big house. They should lose that one and may lose another vs. Purdue and @ NW who played tOSU tough today at home.

Hard to root for Purdue, but I think I can manage to do it when they play Illinois.

Funny how that game went from the de facto B1G West championship game to another pillow-fight. Both IL and Purd looked AWFUL at home today.
Phil Parker and the Iowa defense were elite vs Purdue on Saturday. But of course in your mind you somehow spin it that Purdue was awful. I've listened to you bitch about Iowa football long enough. Two things. Two things. BF has to go and on ignore you go.

And Illinois has to play Michigan at the big house. They should lose that one and may lose another vs. Purdue and @ NW who played tOSU tough today at home.

I dont see jNW beating Illinois except the game is in Evanston. Yes, Mich should handle Illinois, the hawks really handled Illinois but just couldnt get that one needed TD.

The wind was howling in Evanston yesterday as I saw a few clips from the OSU jNW game. I would say the wind was twice as bad as at Purdue so I dont think you can make much of that score plus I think OSU had two of their best receivers out of the game.

So we will probably know Iowa's West division fate by the end of this Saturday if the hawks lose or even if Illinois wins. Go Boilers and as the bookies say dont bet against teams that just got beat down, unfortunately both Purdue and Illinois or licking their wounds.

There are some STUPID replies in this thread. COME ON SOME OF YOU PEOPLE!! I am a Boiler fan next week and it's not even close. IF they beat the Illini then the Hawks control their own destiny. I say that because I do not see the Illini going into the Big House and beating Mich. Who in their right minds would have thought that possible 2 weeks ago? And, I could give a rats ass if people think the Hawks "Deserve" to be in Indy or not (if it happens). Lets get there and enjoy the ride along the way!

I don't really care about any other teams right now. Iowa just needs to build on the momentum and win these winnable games starting with Wisconsin this week. Finish strong and go to a nice bowl game. The odds of winning the West are low and the only reward is getting their asses kicked again by OSU or Michigan.

Reactions: uihawk82
I don't really care about any other teams right now. Iowa just needs to build on the momentum and win these winnable games starting with Wisconsin this week. Finish strong and go to a nice bowl game. The odds of winning the West are low and the only reward is getting their asses kicked again by OSU or Michigan.

I agree about you saying let's just worry about the hawks.

But getting to the Champ game I think the hawks can beat Mich and play OSU much tougher

Reactions: F5n5
Let’s face it, B1G West is garbage from top to bottom. Michigan and tOSU are the class of the East, followed by an ok PSU then the rest of the east is about the same as the west. Iowa had a chance to take the next step after last season but KF didn’t hit the portal like he should have to fill holes and the loss of Charlie Jones hurt the O, along with KJ being hurt all season with no expectation of him playing again this season. It’s a case of what if with this team and coaching staff. Hope the staff learns from it and goes out aggressively hitting the transfer portal.

Phil Parker and the Iowa defense were elite vs Purdue on Saturday. But of course in your mind you somehow spin it that Purdue was awful. I've listened to you bitch about Iowa football long enough. Two things. Two things. BF has to go and on ignore you go.
Bye

Funny. I don't take anyone on this board serious enough to consider putting him on ignore. I guess I have a major influence on you.

I will also be rooting BIG TIME for the Boilers to beat the Illini. I still can't believe that a scenario even exist where the Hawks could be in Indy. But, I am THRILLED that (for the last 2 weeks anyway) we have been fun to watch.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
I can't imagine anyone thought MSU would walk into Illinois and pull off that victory. I'm sure Purdue will shit down their legs, but I like their chances better than MSU especially with the Michigan game shenanigans the week before.

I will also be rooting BIG TIME for the Boilers to beat the Illini. I still can't believe that a scenario even exist where the Hawks could be in Indy. But, I am THRILLED that (for the last 2 weeks anyway) we have been fun to watch.
To think we are still in the race is unbelievable. I will be cheering on the Boilermakers to win and when they do and we take out Whisky……well, the next weekend of Illinois vs Michigan and Iowa vs Minnesota looms very large. Nebraska will be no problem.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
To think we are still in the race is unbelievable. I will be cheering on the Boilermakers to win and when they do and we take out Whisky……well, the next weekend of Illinois vs Michigan and Iowa vs Minnesota looms very large. Nebraska will be no problem.
Purdue game score will be known before we kick off Saturday too. Even though not official at that point, if Purdue wins then Iowa effectively controls their own destiny. I don't think anyone believes Illinois will take down Michigan the following week.

Can't do it. They have ruined too many seasons, like last year. Annoying team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT