ADVERTISEMENT

NPR: evidence of collusion remains elusive....

The problem many of us have with this is that Collusion was the entire reason for the SC.

Then it was obstruction.

Now we have moved past that to campaign finance. I mean what the hell? How would any of you like it if you were accused of a embezzlement at work (had to pick something) and in the process of investigating the original crime,which you were not guilty of, they discovered you over reported charitable deductions by 1000 dollars on your tax return. Then they criminally prosecuted you for tax evasion because the other crime didn’t happen. This when everyone else in the history the the US merely got a fine and back taxes for the same offense. Honestly, there can’t be one person on here, that if they did a investigative rectal exam on you and your family, where they couldn’t find evidence of some kind of law breaking. Now am I saying that everyone has Trump like questionable character? Hell no but this whole thing reeks. I’m sorry. People are out to get this guy and to deny it is flat out dishonest. Hell, the new DA in New York just said as much. We arent gonna investigate a crime, we are going to investigate people looking for a crime.

To all you dems, “They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind.”

Well what I’ve come to realize is that there isn't
a single intellectually honest liberal on HROT. or at least those that post.

He isn’t going to jail for campaign finance violations ever nor will he be removed from office.

I’ve said before and will again, I’ll bet anyone on here 100 dollars (or less if you’re a poor) 1:1 and I’ll take up to 5 of you, first come first serve. But if anyone’s takes me up on it we will need to figure out a way to make it a real bet. I’m an honest guy and will pay if I’m wrong.

But I’m guessing that those in here with the loudest mouths will stay suspiciously quiet. Cuz that's all they are. Loud mouths.

The fact is that I’ll admit he has many character flaws and I wish he wasn’t president for these reasons. His policies have made me happy but all this baggage on the tweets and the questionably honest statements drive me nuts. But I also don't like the way any of this has gone down and it really feels like a deep state coup to me designed to whittle away public perception of the administration and question is legitimacy since day one.

Their is a literal thirst for blood on here by many of you and very little 'let's see what happens' from any of the known Lefties.

Lol. This is comedy gold.

Because the Clintons weren't at the head of a family crime syndicate. The Trump's are opportunists who are used to cheating. They saw opportunity in working with the Russians, and they saw opportunity in lining their pockets every which way they could.
They are going down.

Lol if you think the Clintons aren’t the head of a family crime syndicate. The Clintons lined their pockets in every direction possible from the highest bidding donor/country. Both the Trumps and the Clintons are crooked as hell. Our country and government need an extreme makeover.

There's no crime called collusion. The crime people are looking for is called conspiracy. Conspiracy is planning to commit a crime.

Heading into year three with no evidence of collusion or conspiracy.

So far the only crimes by Trump insiders have been tax evasion, money laundering, failing to register as a foreign agent, and lying to investigators.

Nothing yet on interfering with an election. The DNC arguably acted criminally to influence the election by its involvement in the Steele dossier. The DNC arguably acted criminally through its money laundering scheme to redirect funds from state chapters. I'm not sure why Mueller hasn't gone down that path.

I was actually hoping Mueller would find something so we could rid ourselves of the Clown in Chief. What a disappointment Mueller, the FBI, and the DoJ have been. We've always guessed the FISA warrants were rubber stamped; now we have evidence.

Mueller is like a cop pulling someone over for driving drunk. The driver passes the sobriety test, so the cops breaks a tail light so he has something to charge the driver with.

Reactions: haw-key
There's no crime called collusion. The crime people are looking for is called conspiracy. Conspiracy is planning to commit a crime.

Huh? There have already been multiple indictments for "conspiracy".
And the NRA is heavily tied up in one of them....

Well what I’ve come to realize is that there isn't
a single intellectually honest liberal on HROT. or at least those that post.

He isn’t going to jail for campaign finance violations ever nor will he be removed from office.

I’ve said before and will again, I’ll bet anyone on here 100 dollars (or less if you’re a poor) 1:1 and I’ll take up to 5 of you, first come first serve. But if anyone’s takes me up on it we will need to figure out a way to make it a real bet. I’m an honest guy and will pay if I’m wrong.

But I’m guessing that those in here with the loudest mouths will stay suspiciously quiet. Cuz that's all they are. Loud mouths.

The fact is that I’ll admit he has many character flaws and I wish he wasn’t president for these reasons. His policies have made me happy but all this baggage on the tweets and the questionably honest statements drive me nuts. But I also don't like the way any of this has gone down and it really feels like a deep state coup to me designed to whittle away public perception of the administration and question is legitimacy since day one.

Their is a literal thirst for blood on here by many of you and very little 'let's see what happens' from any of the known Lefties.
There's a difference between believing Trump should be impeached and/or go to jail and thinking that those things will actually happen.

There's nothing intellectually dishonest about recognizing that reality.

Perhaps if the markets continue to tank.... Republicans many not care about honor, integrity, honesty, or even selling out America, but if the wallets of the people who bribe them are affected by Trump's erratic behavior, and they can't pass any more giveaways to the rich, they my suddenly decide Trump has to go.

So far the only crimes by Trump insiders have been tax evasion, money laundering, failing to register as a foreign agent, and lying to investigators.

Nothing yet on interfering with an election. The DNC arguably acted criminally to influence the election by its involvement in the Steele dossier. The DNC arguably acted criminally through its money laundering scheme to redirect funds from state chapters. I'm not sure why Mueller hasn't gone down that path.

I was actually hoping Mueller would find something so we could rid ourselves of the Clown in Chief. What a disappointment Mueller, the FBI, and the DoJ have been. We've always guessed the FISA warrants were rubber stamped; now we have evidence.

Mueller is like a cop pulling someone over for driving drunk. The driver passes the sobriety test, so the cops breaks a tail light so he has something to charge the driver with.
The one report I keep remembering is when Don jr or somebody up high had discussions with Russians about timing the release of emails to best benefit Trump's campaign.

I doubt that's the only thing that is both conspiracy and involves interfering with the election.

Meanwhile, you say:

So far the only crimes by Trump insiders have been tax evasion, money laundering, failing to register as a foreign agent, and lying to investigators.​

...which sounds pretty damning to me.

Sure, you can say that they haven't pinned any of those things directly on Trump (yet), but if you read the articles of impeachment from the last 2 times, you'll notice that criminality by those in leadership positions and supervised by the president are among the charges Congress thought warranted impeachment.

Which is to say that if we follow precedent, Trump could have been impeached a while ago on these matters (and plenty of others - some of which are even more important, imo).

I find this type of commentary amusing. Mueller and his team know a crap ton of information with corroborating evidence that no one else does.

The one report I keep remembering is when Don jr or somebody up high had discussions with Russians about timing the release of emails to best benefit Trump's campaign.

I doubt that's the only thing that is both conspiracy and involves interfering with the election.

Meanwhile, you say:

So far the only crimes by Trump insiders have been tax evasion, money laundering, failing to register as a foreign agent, and lying to investigators.​

Sure, you can say that they haven't pinned any of those things directly on Trump (yet), but if you read the articles of impeachment from the last 2 times, you'll notice that criminality by those in leadership positions and supervised by the president are among the charges Congress thought warranted impeachment.

Which is to say that if we follow precedent, Trump could have been impeached a while ago on these matters (and plenty of others - some of which are even more important, imo).

If Trump DIDN'T do anything, he's engaging in a LOT of risk of being charged with "obstruction" over "nothing"....

The perjury occurred about 4 years AFTER the investigation began, if you can remember, though. A little different than today.

Ha. But it was perjury from testimony futing a deposition regarding the exact case being investigated.

He said he didn’t have sex wit ML in questioning about it. During a sworn deposition. Once this was proven demonstrably false by DNA evidence, he was in trouble.

And shall I remind you, NOT removed from office by a republican controlled senate over it.

More obfuscation.....

There's a difference between believing Trump should be impeached and/or go to jail and thinking that those things will actually happen

Agreed. Largely my point. I personally don’t think he will be or should be but a simple recognition of the facts as above feels like progress is being made.

And shall I remind you, NOT removed from office by a republican controlled senate over it.
Lots of reasons for that, good and bad.

The relevant one for comparison with Trump's situation is that Clinton wasn't charged with lying about anything of national importance. What Clinton was charged with offended a lot of people's personal sense of morality. Trump is abusing his office and damaging the nation. HUGE difference.

Reactions: PCBHAWK

Meanwhile, you say:

Huh? Pinned?

The tax evasion and money laundering by Manafort and Cohen predated the Trump candidacy and presidency. And we’re purely power plays to squeeze info about Trump.

Registering as a foreign agent crime is such an obscure violation. Good luck with the PR battle with the public on that. Again predated Trump.

Luing to investigators Well the Flynn matter is gonna get tossed due to the unethical manner that the questioning was handled so there’s that. As far as papadapolous OK you got me on that one. At least in is contemporaneous with the actual case being investigated. Well his crime was so severe he’s actual been sentenced and served his time.

You seem to suggest this is all signs of a crime syndicate. No. Just of a bunch of dishonest slime balls Trump
associated himself with. And of that I’ll agree. He’s guilty. But crimes by association are still not a thing. Yet. I suspect you all would change that if you could.

Agreed. Largely my point. I personally don’t think he will be or should be but a simple recognition of the facts as above feels like progress is being made.
I still think there's a chance he'll be impeached. But not convicted.

Unfortunately, it will be a political decision.

The Dem majority in the House can presumably muster the votes to impeach. But (sadly) the question won't be what's good for America, but what's good for the party.

I take it as a given that ousting Trump would be good for America (after a brief period of right wing violence). But the Dems will be counting votes in 2020 and gauging whether impeachment will play well once Rush and FOX and the Koch/Adelson/Mercer/Singer... money ramps up. My guess is that their calculation won't encourage going through with impeachment. But it might.

I find this type of commentary amusing. Mueller and his team know a crap ton of information with corroborating evidence that no one else does.

About campaign finance perhaps. Otherwise no. Just my guess.

Huh? Pinned?

The tax evasion and money laundering by Manafort and Cohen predated the Trump candidacy and presidency. And we’re purely power plays to squeeze info about Trump.

Registering as a foreign agent crime is such an obscure violation. Good luck with the PR battle with the public on that. Again predated Trump.

Luing to investigators Well the Flynn matter is gonna get tossed due to the unethical manner that the questioning was handled so there’s that. As far as papadapolous OK you got me on that one. At least in is contemporaneous with the actual case being investigated. Well his crime was so severe he’s actual been sentenced and served his time.

You seem to suggest this is all signs of a crime syndicate. No. Just of a bunch of dishonest slime balls Trump
associated himself with. And of that I’ll agree. He’s guilty. But crimes by association are still not a thing. Yet. I suspect you all would change that if you could.
Impeachment does not require a crime.

If what you are hanging your hat on is that they haven't yet pinned a crime directly on Trump, you are missing the point of the constitutional provision to impeach.

Reactions: Joes Place
About campaign finance perhaps. Otherwise no. Just my guess.

Perhaps. But I suspect they have a lot of documentation about who knew what about the meeting in Drumpf Tower and how many folks lied about something that was "totally legal and above board".

The Dems can’t remove him from office as it takes 2/3s Majority to do so. So, you need not worry...unless of course, your boy is a crook. But then, he can resign before his trial. :)

N
Impeachment does not require a crime.

If what you are hanging your hat on is that they haven't yet pinned a crime directly on Trump, you are missing the point of the constitutional provision to impeach.

No I am not missing that at all. I have always understood that the process to remove Trump starts with impeachment and requires just a vote. Not proof of crimes Proof is ascertained in the Senate. But I also add I am not exactly sure how you'd interpret the founders intent by stating "high crimes and misdemeanors." SO any attempt to impeach without a suspicion of a crime or assertions thereof, is in itself an abuse of power.

Impeachment will be a political decision by the House D's just as you've stated any potential removal will be a political decision by the Senate R's.

I personally dont think impeachment proceedings should proceed unless a whip of the votes convinces one that removal is certain or highly likely. Just for the good of the country. Otherwise, wait to vote til 2020 and spare the citizenry the process. But it wont be about that, it will be more political kabuki theater and 'Sparticus moments"

Perhaps. But I suspect they have a lot of documentation about who knew what about the meeting in Drumpf Tower and how many folks lied about something that was "totally legal and above board".

Ok here we go...I laugh about this Trump Tower meeting slight of hand.

Think hard about this please. This was a meeting to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians. And who was there and who knew.....and nothing appears to have come from it. And yes legal.

This is EXACTLY what the commissioned dossier was and the Clinton camp paid for that and received it from Russians. Now via intermediaries sure but also done in such a way as to make its actual process difficult to trace back to Clinton for President. Also yes, legal. I have zero issue with her commissioning this oppo research. But is is NO different than what is alleged to have occurred in that meeting in Trump Tower and even more serious since actual product was developed.

Ok here we go...I laugh about this Trump Tower meeting slight of hand.

Think hard about this please. This was a meeting to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians. And who was there and who knew.....and nothing appears to have come from it. And yes legal.

This is EXACTLY what the commissioned dossier was and the Clinton camp paid for that and received it from Russians. Now via intermediaries sure but also done in such a way as to make its actual process difficult to trace back to Clinton for President. Also yes, legal. I have zero issue with her commissioning this oppo research. But is is NO different than what is alleged to have occurred in that meeting in Trump Tower and even more serious since actual product was developed.

LOLWUT?

Dam, man....you one dumb bunny....

The Dems can’t remove him from office as it takes 2/3s Majority to do so.
Unless, of course, enough (a minority) Republicans in the Senate dig deep and resuscitate a viable remnant of ethical sensibility, or love of country. Either one will do. Surely a few Republicans can be found with some integrity left. Or is that a pipe dream?

If they are smart, they'll do it in the next 2 weeks and dump Pence along with Trump. That way Ryan becomes President. A much less embarrassing R in the WH for the upcoming 2020 elections.

N

No I am not missing that at all. I have always understood that the process to remove Trump starts with impeachment and requires just a vote. Not proof of crimes Proof is ascertained in the Senate. But I also add I am not exactly sure how you'd interpret the founders intent by stating "high crimes and misdemeanors." SO any attempt to impeach without a suspicion of a crime or assertions thereof, is in itself an abuse of power.

Impeachment will be a political decision by the House D's just as you've stated any potential removal will be a political decision by the Senate R's.

I personally dont think impeachment proceedings should proceed unless a whip of the votes convinces one that removal is certain or highly likely. Just for the good of the country. Otherwise, wait to vote til 2020 and spare the citizenry the process. But it wont be about that, it will be more political kabuki theater and 'Sparticus moments"
That's a pretty fair statement.

Reactions: haw-key
The only think that saddens me about his turn of events is that AMI is getting away scot-free.

High price to pay if this doesn't bring Trump down.
High price indeed. Which is why it is all the more likely that Mueller does have some massive bombshell waiting for Trump. Why let all these other people go if all he has are two campaign finance felonies?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT