ADVERTISEMENT

NSD: Kid picks Florida and mom walks away

She should of had a poker face and supported his decision on camera. You don’t react like that over HIS decision where he wants to play ball and go to college at the school he feels is the best fit for him.

Just maybe that was planned to get them Top publicity. Why was mom wearing Tennessee and Alabama gear. If one of those was his choice mom would have been decked in all that school. She may have known and the upset staged.

Someone mentioned his adopted family is on the right and his biological family on the left, not sure if true or not. It’s possible his biological family had been pushing for Alabama or Tennessee, and his adopted family either Florida or go with his heart and not be pursuased by his biological family.

To the biological mom, it was almost as if he was picking sides.

Knowing that was potentially his biological mom, but he had an adopted family who raised him, I now agree with everyone else. Regardless of circumstances, she should have sucked it up, screw that, you don’t walk out on him, regardless.

1. Mom just lost out on some serious bank. No doubt.
  2. Family is dysfunctional as hell. What kind of family would be in that position without having communicated?
  3. I'm sick of these "Look at me!!" signing shows. I mean, WTF? Find something new. (True, I ain't a dumb ass 18 year old kid anymore.)
  4. I hope the young man matures at Florida and has a great life. I really do.

Its things like this that make Iowa's approach to recruiting seem so much better, You know involved with character kids and involving the Parents thru the whole process . Many disappointments averted when everyone is onboard . This kid either didn't tell the Mother or told Her Florida and she was trying to sway Him till the end. Mom should have been mature and waited till after they were off set before starting any come to Jesus moments.
Yeah, we rarely recruit or land players talented enough to announce on national tv (especially wr's) so we avoid situations like this. Clearly the better approach.....

There are a million back stories that could support that behavior. None of us know why she acted as she did.
You are correct. We were talking about it at work today, and a co-worker told me that he heard that young Mr. Copeland was running with the wrong crowd in Florida (gang activity type of stuff) , and his mom wanted him out of the state of Florida away from it. If so, I think her behavior is very acceptable.

You are correct. We were talking about it at work today, and a co-worker told me that he heard that young Mr. Copeland was running with the wrong crowd in Florida (gang activity type of stuff) , and his mom wanted him out of the state of Florida away from it. If so, I think her behavior is very acceptable.
That's total BS.
It's like these chicago parents bringing their hoodlum kids to iowa.....moving doesn't change anything.
You can take a kid out the hood, that doesn't the hood out the kid.
You think they don't have thugs in bama? lol
One of the things wrong with this country.

That's total BS.
It's like these chicago parents bringing their hoodlum kids to iowa.....moving doesn't change anything.
You can take a kid out the hood, that doesn't the hood out the kid.
You think they don't have thugs in bama? lol
One of the things wrong with this country.
In the Press Citizen this morning, City High RB Devonte Foster was saying how moving from Chicago to Iowa City changed his life. Many of his old friends are now dead or in jail. Kids can change being placed in a new environment.

In the Press Citizen this morning, City High RB Devonte Foster was saying how moving from Chicago to Iowa City changed his life. Many of his old friends are now dead or in jail. Kids can change being placed in a new environment.
They can definitely change. That said, I think surrounding himself with better people was probably more important than simply changing location.

They can definitely change. That said, I think surrounding himself with better people was probably more important than simply changing location.
I think that is what huskersoup was referring to when he said “running with the wrong crowd in Florida.” But I don’t know. We are talking about 2 people that we do not know and none of us knows what their relationship is like.

When I first saw the video I thought who's the child here and who's the parent.After reading some posts it did offer some clarity for me.But it still doesn't justify her action.

Probably would have been a good idea to let her know his decision before his announcement.

That's what I was thinking. How could she not have known. Maybe that's the story...he told her he was going elsewhere and blindsided her. BTW, what did he say before the word Florida came out of his mouth?

Reactions: Wadzinator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT