ADVERTISEMENT

NW game - their QB could be X factor

Bank of Hawk

HB Legend
Feb 24, 2007
Northwestern is reeling after a blowout loss to BIG west leader Minnesota. Minnesota was able to run the ball, can Iowa?

(With all the storylines in the BIG in Sept & Oct, not many saw Minnesota leading the division in November but here we are.)

Northwestern is in the midst of a QB battle and Pat F says he won’t name a starter prior to kickoff. However, they inserted the backup, Andrew Marty who finished 10 of 16 for the Wildcats and threw a pair of touchdown passes. So they might have a QB playing with a hot hand; looking to takeover the QB1 position at northwestern. Never a good situation for an Iowa team who has the ability to make a D3 quarterback look like Joe Montana (purdues quarterback is a D3 transfer).

I still believe Iowa’s defense can still hold Northwestern to 14 points but if Iowa turns it over in their own red zone, I see them putting up 21.

Can Iowa’s offense put up more than 7 points? I gotta think they can do that and add another TD; so 14 points I see Iowa scoring; unless they can get a deep turnover or two or a TD on a deep punt or KO return, the I could see 17 or 21 points.

Think this game is close, I predict 17-14 Iowa wins but ain’t pretty. An untimely turnover will decide this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News