ADVERTISEMENT

Nwankpa top 12

None of us know what this young man "wants". If it is purely a football decision, then Iowa State or Iowa don't stand much of a chance vs. Clemson, ND, OSU. Maybe he wants to stay close to home so his family can watch his play? Maybe academics play a role in his decision? None of us know. Whatever the case, I wish him well. I saw him play once (vs. Kennedy in Quarterfinals) and he can play!

Reactions: Cydkar
None of us know what this young man "wants". If it is purely a football decision, then Iowa State or Iowa don't stand much of a chance vs. Clemson, ND, OSU. Maybe he wants to stay close to home so his family can watch his play? Maybe academics play a role in his decision? None of us know. Whatever the case, I wish him well. I saw him play once (vs. Kennedy in Quarterfinals) and he can play!
Obviously wishing him "well" at this point but, IMO, coming out with a top 12 is laughable.

Man, what social media has done to people in the world....the attention-seeking behavior is outrageous.

Social media has certainly amplified the attention-seeking nature of kids. How many "likes", "followers", and "friends" they have is annoying as hell. The world would be a much better place without social media. Throw in cell phones too.
I held out for years after cell phones were introduced. The last thing on Earth I wanted was to be able to be reached by phone while playing a round of golf, having cocktails with the boys, etc., something thats supposed to get you away from everything else in the world and relax.

Then I held on to a flip phone years after they were out of fashion, until the ringer finally went out, which I thought made it the perfect phone. I could call out or text but couldn't hear incoming calls, a thing of beauty! The Female felt otherwise however, and didn't see the humor in it. Hello Smart Phone! LOL!

I held out for years after cell phones were introduced. The last thing on Earth I wanted was to be able to be reached by phone while playing a round of golf, having cocktails with the boys, etc., something thats supposed to get you away from everything else in the world and relax.

Then I held on to a flip phone years after they were out of fashion, until the ringer finally went out, which I thought made it the perfect phone. I could call out or text but couldn't hear incoming calls, a thing of beauty! The Female felt otherwise however, and didn't see the humor in it. Hello Smart Phone! LOL!
I resisted for awhile. Then I figured out it is a computer that can make phone calls. Different perspective. I am lost without the damned thing now.

Reactions: 24 so far

Right there with you 23. Did not want a cell phone, and think their a curse even today. Unfortunately the company I work for decided a pager wasn't a good enough way to get ahold of me, so they got me my first cell. A year later decided to get the wife one since I could get a discount off of my company phone. She didn't really even want it and barely ever used it. My how times have changed. Now she's all good with the phone, and gets texts ALL night long from her friends, her siblings and our kids. (Our kids know to text her instead of me). When I used to get a monthly phone statement, her call and text usage minutes have to be 5 to 10 times mine. And I don't consider her a hard core user like some people we know.

Reactions: 24 so far
Unless I missed the sarcasm I just don't think its justified to call him a drama queen for releasing a top 12 when he has enough offers that he cut some big time offers to some blue bloods.
I'm just making fun of the "top 12" thing. Seems a bit of a wide net. Top 5 seems appropriate to me, but what do I know? I'm just a "keyboard warrior".

Unless I missed the sarcasm I just don't think its justified to call him a drama queen for releasing a top 12 when he has enough offers that he cut some big time offers to some blue bloods.
no, disagreeing with someone's opinion doesn't constitute a WOB. if he would have said 'just your typical high school dramamine' then you would have something. as it stands; WOB ruling is denied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT