ADVERTISEMENT

Espn and NY Times headline about Big 10-SEC in talks for scheduling each other. Any info on this

uihawk82

HB All-American
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2021
I dont subscibe so I didnt read it. I would like to play some of their teams and get out of the yearly ISU game.

I mean, ok I guess. But it's not like we haven't been down this road before. I guess I'll have an opinion on this if something actually happens.

I dont subscibe so I didnt read it. I would like to play some of their teams and get out of the yearly ISU game.

Everyone at Iowa wants to dump the isu game.
Last I remember the regents voted for it to continue it years ago and that it’s mandated. Unless both universities put up a protest I don’t think there’s much that can be done to change it. Iowa St fans want to continue it more than Iowa fans.

ISU stands a really good chance to win the Lil12 for years to come. Keep them on the schedule and beat them vs playing Albany-like teams.

Reactions: amahawk
Everyone at Iowa wants to dump the isu game.
Last I remember the regents voted for it to continue it years ago and that it’s mandated. Unless both universities put up a protest I don’t think there’s much that can be done to change it. Iowa St fans want to continue it more than Iowa fans.
If the ISU - Iowa game is mandated by the State then why do the schools have to keep renewing the contract which is in the news every few years. I think the State Govt mandated it back in 1979 and for awhile but not sure that it is mandated in this day and age of getting huge contracts to play someone else.

Why on earth would any college football fan want this to happen? This only benefits TV networks and conference executives.

If the ISU - Iowa game is mandated by the State then why do the schools have to keep renewing the contract which is in the news every few years. I think the State Govt mandated it back in 1979 and for awhile but not sure that it is mandated in this day and age of getting huge contracts to play someone else.
I think they threatened to before the series started back up in ‘77, but it is not mandated.

They can posture, but they can’t force them to play. It’s not like it would really be Iowa’s choice anyway.

I have stated they should do this before. Will consume all of the oxygen and money from outside conferences. The big get bigger.

Why on earth would any college football fan want this to happen? This only benefits TV networks and conference executives.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Create a much bigger gap between them and the lesser conferences.

Do you like more money or less money? Draw in even more eye balls.

If they did it this year, I don't think it'd be pretty if we're looking at the top 30 teams. Ohio State has SEC type WR, but outside of that, the SEC has 3-4 other teams with better WR and QB play.

Ohio State vs. Alabama? I'd lean Alabama
Texas vs. Oregon? I'd lean even more Texas
Tennessee vs. Penn State? Tennessee by 2 touchdowns
Georgia vs. Michigan? Not even close. Georgia easily
Missouri vs. USC? Probably a pick em.
Ole Miss vs. Indiana? Heavy lean Ole Miss
LSU vs. Illinois? LSU by 14+
Oklahoma vs. Nebraska? Slight lean Oklahoma
Texas A&M vs. Iowa? Slight lean Iowa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT