ADVERTISEMENT

NYC hospital ‘Karen’ denies trying to steal CitiBike from young black man

Still no response from these outraged oppressed white males
The fact that you are calling them oppressed when nobody eluded to it says a lot Jimmy. Defending what these five did as a nothing burger says you can’t bring yourself to condemn them because you feel guilty about the obstacles they have to overcome and the white man has caused it all. You got things reversed in my observation.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
No, you just said organizations should be able to decide
So long as it is not violating someone's rights.

If a sporting body determines "guidelines" for trans athletes that they believe make performance "fair", and they publish and follow those, we are not violating anyone's rights.

If you are referring to pharmacies that want to discriminate against abortion pills, based on their own personal beliefs and force those personal beliefs onto someone else, you ARE violating someone else's rights.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
This thread took a turn!

Why do you suppose preggo Karen snatched the guy's phone, when he tried to show her on his app that the scooter was his?

Any rational person would pull both phones out, compare reservations and identify if one of them was "wrong", or if the app genuinely rented it to both of them. Instead, she snatched his phone and went all "Karen" on him.

Last edited:
Why do you suppose preggo Karen snatched the guy's phone, when he tried to show her on his app that the scooter was his?

Any rational person would pull both phones out, compare reservations and identify if one of them was "wrong", or if the app genuinely rented it to both of them. Instead, she snatched his phone and went all "Karen" on him.
Please outline a realistic scenario in which white t-shirt guy legitimately thought he had rented that bike.

And for reference, “he scanned the QR Code with his phone and then as he was backing the bike out of the docking station, pregnant lady just fvcking wrenched it out of his hands” is not a realistic scenario.

Why does crap like this become news these days? And it's not just "filler" for 24 hours. Crap like this is a headline and takes up 7 pages of this board.
I think it's because it's a juicy topic. A people topic. There's something really tabloidy about a lot of these events. And throw race in there on top of all that.

IDK but it is pretty obvious (and has been proven) that she knew she had rented it. So the dudes were either trying to steal it or there was a miscommunication that wasn't figured out before it blew up.

Why should I defend someone else's tweet? Moreover, why are the white guilt folks not answering a very simple question? It is not rocket science, if you feel aggrieved as a white male, explain your rationale.
Because that’s the tweet that went viral calling her a racist Karen and started this back and forth.

And you lapped it up.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Yeah, I don't think Mikey wants to go down that path. Racist epitaphs were yelled by nearly all white student sections at both Johnston and Waukee. The retort can be a few bad apples....but what about the students and faculty that didn't stop it?

Pay no attention to him, he likes to dredge up some critical remarks from years ago that I made on here due to his over the top butthurt on the topic.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
It's also "pretty obvious" he thought he had rented it when he tried to show it to her on his phone.

Why is "his" claim bogus, but "hers" is valid here?
Because she has provided receipts it was hers, and he, well, hasn't.

How difficult is this to grasp?

There is the magic word. Thug. I'm done here. We know your implicit bias is affecting your judgment here and there is nothing I can do for you
Just because a word is leveled against one community more than another the word is invalidated?

I guess then the word "racist" belongs on a scrapheap of invalidated words too.

Huh? He was trying to show her his reservation on his phone.
I’m about 99.9% certain you can’t reserve specific bikes. They are first come, first served. And even if you can reserve a specific bike and even if he did reserve that specific bike, why did it unlock for her?

2xg0ysK.gif

She was the one who ran to the media.

Have the men been interviewed by her media sources?
Lol, yeah, to save her name and career.

And maybe there is a reason they don't go to media, because they got nothing like they had the night they harassed this pregnant nurse.

How many red flags from these kids do you need? Or is dividing using the race card more important than the facts?

I’m about 99.9% certain you can’t reserve specific bikes. They are first come, first served. And even if you can reserve a specific bike and even if he did reserve that specific bike, why did it unlock for her?

2xg0ysK.gif
My guess is they waited till she unlocked the bike in hopes in intimidating her to give it up so they would have a bike they don't ever have to return because it's under her name.

2xg0ysK.gif

A receipt shared with Insider shows payment for a Citi Bike on the app on the evening of May 12 in Manhattan; the bicycle was relocked to its dock a minute later with no charge logged.

So, did she inadvertently pop it back into place, and the system "freed it up" for the next user, who's app now said it was "his"?

Haven't seen anyone review the actual logs on this. There is no doubt she rented it, but if she replaced it momentarily, that likely frees it up to the next person in the queue.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
My guess is they waited till she unlocked the bike in hopes in intimidating her to give it up so they would have a bike they don't ever have to return because it's under her name.
Uh....the actual logs indicate it was "returned" and apparently no longer under her reservation. ~1 min after she rented it.

Ergo: there was no "Citibike" to "steal", as her transaction apparently was over.

Uh....the actual logs indicate it was "returned" and apparently no longer under her reservation. ~1 min after she rented it.

Ergo: there was no "Citibike" to "steal", as her transaction apparently was over.
I think this has been covered, while they were entangled fighting for the bike it was pushed back in the rack.

Once you do that the rental is over.

That is her contention.

Again - have we verified the other guy's reservation?
Where are they? If they're in the right, why are they hiding? A lot of people have stuck their necks out and these kids are going to leave them hanging? And why did Ben Crump delete his tweet slamming the nurse if these kids did nothing wrong?

I mean this is all called critical thinking, you should try it instead of backing a very flawed account.

Where are they?
Don't know

Citibike could probably provide logs to identify whether another EBike was rented at that location by another user.

if not, then they DID try to poach her bike. Have not seen any data from them.

Doesn't track. According to her lawyer's written statement:

"One or more individuals in that group physically pushed her bike (with her on it) back into the docking station, causing it to re-lock."

You don't do that to steal a bike but you might do it to create a video.

Doesn't track. According to her lawyer's written statement:

"One or more individuals in that group physically pushed her bike (with her on it) back into the docking station, causing it to re-lock."

You don't do that to steal a bike but you might do it to create a video.
They weren’t trying to steal her bike and they weren’t trying to rent one for themselves. They had nothing better to do and thought it would be fun to harass someone who actually wanted to rent a bike.

They weren’t trying to steal her bike and they weren’t trying to rent one for themselves. They had nothing better to do and thought it would be fun to harass someone who actually wanted to rent a bike.
Well thanks for sharing your perspective restating what I already posted.

It's also "pretty obvious" he thought he had rented it when he tried to show it to her on his phone.

Why is "his" claim bogus, but "hers" is valid here?
Her claim has proven to be true with the receipts. I haven't seen anything from him yet showing anything other than he was knowingly trying to take the bike. I'll gladly change my tune if he brings something new to the table.

Her claim has proven to be true with the receipts. I haven't seen anything from him yet showing anything other than he was knowingly trying to take the bike. I'll gladly change my tune if he brings something new to the table.

This is my point - IF he and his buddies ALSO had a rental there, and mixed up which bike was who's, that's where this initiates. And if he did have a valid rental receipt on his phone he was trying to show her, and her reaction was to snatch his phone, that's where things go off the rails here.

If he was showing her a dick-pic, then that'd be entirely different...

This is my point - IF he and his buddies ALSO had a rental there, and mixed up which bike was who's, that's where this initiates. And if he did have a valid rental receipt on his phone he was trying to show her, and her reaction was to snatch his phone, that's where things go off the rails here.

If he was showing her a dick-pic, then that'd be entirely different...
Well...she was pregnant and pregnant women can do odd things...like grabbing someone else's phone for no reason.

Or so I've been told.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT