Heaven, Iowa
What do you think?

Over (after Aug)?

or

Under (before)?

or

Push (it happens in Aug 2019)

I am saying Aug 2019 because:

* The Mueller Report comes out soon and I think impeachment happens as a result & the Senate R's tell Trump there are 67 plus ready to vote him out.

* This gives the R's the time they need to pivot from Trump, rebrand, and get a candidate nominated for 2020.

* The R's don't need Trump any more. He is damaged goods. The R's have gotten from Trump what they wanted: tax cuts, 2 Supreme Court picks and several other judicial picks.

Won't happen,... Trump won't leave quietly
but, what if:

* the Mueller Report is really bad
* the D controlled House impeaches
* the Senate R's say they cant defend Trump any longer and the Senate has 67 or more votes to remove him from office?

He may be screaming and yelling, but he will be leaving.

but, what if:

* the Senate R's say they cant defend Trump any longer and the Senate has 67 or more votes to remove him from office?

Won't happen...

Reactions: haw-key
Hope so
At least he beat Hillary
Win win if so, no Trump or Hillary
Interesting take, and I see the upside. I still think it would be bad for America to have a president forcibly removed from office.

I think the discussion is moot though, he'll be president until January of 2021.

Interesting take, and I see the upside. I still think it would be bad for America to have a president forcibly removed from office.

I think the discussion is moot though, he'll be president until January of 2021.
You really don't think swing voters will vote for him in 2020?

but, what if:

Gonna take 19 Republican Senators to remove him. And that's at a minimum. Pretty high bar to cross, especially since only about half a dozen have shown a spine against him.

What do you think?

Over (after Aug)?

or

Under (before)?

or

* The Mueller Report comes out soon and I think impeachment happens as a result & the Senate R's tell Trump there are 67 plus ready to vote him out.

* This gives the R's the time they need to pivot from Trump, rebrand, and get a candidate nominated for 2020.

* The R's don't need Trump any more. He is damaged goods. The R's have gotten from Trump what they wanted: tax cuts, 2 Supreme Court picks and several other judicial picks.
I lean right, I voted against Hillary, and I'd be totally fine with this.

Not even remotely possible. Assuming 45 D votes and both independents, they would still need 20 GOP votes. That will not happen. And even if it did...
Not even remotely possible. The GOP is Trump. They have bought in and they can't survive without the MAGA base.
<rolling eyes> They never "needed" Trump to accomplish every bit of this. Any GOP pres would have delivered tax cuts and judicial nominees. The GOP could have denounced Trump's other...activities...and STILL gotten everything they wanted. Instead, they went full Trump and they're stuck with that for the near term certainly. There is zero possibility that they can dump Trump in Aug 2019 and "rebrand" for a 2020 run. Trump will hang around the neck of the GOP nominee no matter who it is...unless you can name a potential nominee who has ALREADY denounced Trump in no uncertain terms and would still be palatable to the Trumpkin base...they can't win without those voters. Not. Remotely. Possible.

What do you think?

Over (after Aug)?

or

Under (before)?

or

The republicans have no one except liberal pussies in the wings, not going to happen. 67 votes, yea right. Might as well put a target on your back.

If Trump is guaranteed a pardon he will resign. Bet the farm on that. Remember. Trump loves to settle. He would absolutely resign if it was the difference between being free and resigning in disgrace or staying in office until he loses 2020 and being charged after.

Reactions: MitchL and Gimmered
Unless there’s a smoking gun (which there won’t be) I think we’re stuck with him.

Almost 50% of the country voted for him and over 40% still support him. How do you sell kicking him out to those people when up to that point they’ve had nothing but support?

They’ll have to admit they were cowards and that almost never happens. I just don’t see how those guys could convince themselves they’ll be able to get re-elected.

Unless there’s a smoking gun (which there won’t be) I think we’re stuck with him.

Almost 50% of the country voted for him and over 40% still support him. How do you sell kicking him out to those people when up to that point they’ve had nothing but support?

They’ll have to admit they were cowards and that almost never happens. I just don’t see how those guys could convince themselves they’ll be able to get re-elected.
Um we already have a smoking gun. Two campaign felonies.

Um we already have a smoking gun. Two campaign felonies.

The chance to call that a “smoking gun” have come and gone. Those are procedural issues - not crimes worthy of removal.... or something like that I don’t really follow the GOP BS.

They should at least be condemning the allegations if they’re going to convict next year, but all I’ve seen is shrugs.

The chance to call that a “smoking gun” have come and gone. Those are procedural issues - not crimes worthy of removal.... or something like that I don’t really follow the GOP BS.

They should at least be condemning the allegations if they’re going to convict next year, but all I’ve seen is shrugs.
Manafort was sentenced to three years for the same crimes. It is highly criminal. And but for Trump being President he would have been sentenced by now, too.

Manafort was sentenced to three years for the same crimes. It is highly criminal. And but for Trump being President he would have been sentenced by now, too.

Right.... and his party is defending him. What changes when the report is released? I’m seriously asking, because maybe I am missing something, but I don’t understand what the last straw is going to be to vote him out.

Are any republicans even calling the accusations serious? How can they go from comments like “we’ve overcriminalized campaign finance” to high crimes and misdemeanors just because of a report? That sounds like how the NFL does it’s business but republicans are a little smarter than that.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Gonna take 19 Republican Senators to remove him. And that's at a minimum. Pretty high bar to cross, especially since only about half a dozen have shown a spine against him.

Many of then have staked their political careers to him. I don't see them turning back now.

Mueller report could show he is a paid Russian agent and it won't matter.

Reactions: Huey Grey
The R's have to dump him asap in 2019

Aug 2019.

Book it.
I have two views. As a lifelong Dem... the world crumbling around Trump is pretty damn funny. The longer he's President, the better for Dems in 2020.

From a objective POV... he's destroying this country and setting us back a few decades. The next CIC will have a big mess to clean up.

I think the only acceptable outcome is for Turd to kill himself on the WH lawn on New Year's Eve.

But will there be a smocking gun?

smocking-gun-weve-finally-found-it-38501986.png

Not even remotely possible. Assuming 45 D votes and both independents, they would still need 20 GOP votes. That will not happen. And even if it did...Not even remotely possible. The GOP is Trump. They have bought in and they can't survive without the MAGA base.
<rolling eyes> They never "needed" Trump to accomplish every bit of this. Any GOP pres would have delivered tax cuts and judicial nominees. The GOP could have denounced Trump's other...activities...and STILL gotten everything they wanted. Instead, they went full Trump and they're stuck with that for the near term certainly. There is zero possibility that they can dump Trump in Aug 2019 and "rebrand" for a 2020 run. Trump will hang around the neck of the GOP nominee no matter who it is...unless you can name a potential nominee who has ALREADY denounced Trump in no uncertain terms and would still be palatable to the Trumpkin base...they can't win without those voters. Not. Remotely. Possible.
Depends on what Mueller comes up with. If it's actually criminal behavior while in office, or actual collusion, there might be enough GOP votes in the Senate. That looks unlikely at this point, but you never know.

[I'm putting this post here, too. Sue me.]

I think Trump should resign soon and on the way out be like, "hey Mike, me and your wife Karen…

heymike.gif

Depends on what Mueller comes up with. If it's actually criminal behavior while in office, or actual collusion, there might be enough GOP votes in the Senate. That looks unlikely at this point, but you never know.
Trump said he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Ave and people would still vote for him. Mueller won't have anything damning enough for 20 GOP senators to flip on Trump short of verified video of him actually shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

Maybe not even then.

Trump said he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Ave and people would still vote for him. Mueller won't have anything damning enough for 20 GOP senators to flip on Trump short of verified video of him actually shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

Maybe not even then.
What if we have another 2008 style recession?

I have two views. As a lifelong Dem... the world crumbling around Trump is pretty damn funny. The longer he's President, the better for Dems in 2020.

From a objective POV... he's destroying this country and setting us back a few decades. The next CIC will have a big mess to clean up.

I think the only acceptable outcome is for Turd to kill himself on the WH lawn on New Year's Eve.
Trump has gotta go. R's have to see this. Independents definitely see this.

The Mueller investigation can't come out soon enough. There is too much smoke; I think the fire comes soon when the Mueller Report is released.

It's clear Trump committed 2 felonies when paying off those 2 women. I think the Mueller Report will have even more evidence where it becomes clear that the impeachment process must begin.

Aug 2019. He gone!

I think Mueller is at this point, looking for an exit strategy. He has gone too long with no evidence of collusion, is off into the bushes at this point, and has been for months.

I would love for a few of those Russians he charged to show up for their trials, so we could see what he really has. From what I can see, they were doing roughly the same thing that our own media and many of our esteemed HROT members were doing around that same time. Perhaps this stuff is technically illegal, but no one ever really cared before (When the Chinese Red Army was participating in our elections e.g.).

Reactions: dandh
I have a feeling the Mueller report will be a dud. Democrats will hammer at the campaign violations but Trump can fight that. That is not a clear case at all.

The best result is if Trump just decides in 2019 that he has accomplished everything he wanted and will not run in 2020.

Maybe not even then.
Some people would, no doubt about that. Same was true for every previous president (except maybe Carter).

I don't expect it to happen. But never say never.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT