ADVERTISEMENT

Obama won Iowa by ten points. A Reddit poster’s opinion on why the state has swung so far to the right. Thoughts?

Or it's just terrible policy on the left and you can't convince small town iowa guy that men have babies. They don't lack education, they lack indoctrination.

🙄

They certainly lack critical thinking, and if you're the measure, they replaced it with bigotry.

Simple-minded bigots will die out soon enough. We'll all be better off for it.

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
🙄

"[A]n absolute bitch of a man..."

It's interesting how insecure men use derogatory language, especially language that was meant to dehumanize women, in an attempt to create a vulgar way of saying that a man is inferior...because he is like a woman.

I believe you've stated you have a daughter.

I feel bad for her, but I suppose you can't help your feelings of inadequacy and impotence.

Oh, and I'm sure all of your issues are because you are white.

🙄😘
O hey look, small dick is back. Good morning cuck, how did your wife enjoy her bull last night?

Is calling someone a bitch of a man "interesting", maybe you should discuss it in your high school classroom.

Your Peewee Herman antics are laughable, keep them going as you follow me around.

🙄

They certainly lack critical thinking, and if you're the measure, they replaced it with bigotry.

Critical thinking like the ability to take in information from multiple sources and cross reference to find truth?

Something you are not capable of.... go on...

O hey look, small dick is back. Good morning cuck, how did your wife enjoy her bull last night?

Is calling someone a bitch of a man "interesting", maybe you should discuss it in your high school classroom.

Your Peewee Herman antics are laughable, keep them going as you follow me around.

🤣

Triggered, are we, little Whiskey?

You think this makes you sound tough? 🤣🤣🤣

You sound like the saddest bully in the eighth-grade, and one that can't even come up with original material.

Pathetic and hilarious, little boy.

😘🤏

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4 and DFSNOLE
🤣

Triggered, are we, little Whiskey?

You think this make you sound tough? 🤣🤣🤣

You sound like the saddest bully in the eighth-grade, and one that can't even come up with original material.

Pathetic and hilarious, little boy.

😘🤏
Triggered? What is this 2018?

I can't post without you following me like a little puppy, good work Peewee. Keep going, you are doing great.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Critical thinking like the ability to take in information from multiple sources and cross reference to find truth?

Something you are not capable of.... go on...

🤣

Leading Report (which you're referencing from yesterday) is not a source.

I have extensive background in research, little Whiskey. I know what a worthy source is, and I don't waste my time with nonsense. I don't read the National Enquirer either, and it's about as reliable as Leading Report.

You've referenced one book in our interactions, and it was because you hilariously believed the Ministry of Truth...was a Harry Potter reference.

Such an adorable little simpleton...

Not in the same league, little man.

😘

Reactions: Ree4 and littlez
🙄

Gonna be a few more generations of liberal indoctrination before that happens.

🤣

Leading Report (which you're referencing from yesterday) is not a source.

I have extensive background in research, little Whiskey. I know what a worthy source is, and I don't waste my time with nonsense. I don't read the National Enquirer either, and it's about as reliable as Leading Report.

You've referenced one book in our interactions, and it was because you hilariously believed the Ministry of Truth...was a Harry Potter reference.

Such an adorable little simpleton...

Not in the same league, little man.

😘
The information could have been presented by any tweet, using your brain would have allowed you to cross reference it from any one of the multitude of sources that also announced it.

Your Peewee Herman antics might work with high schoolers but it's clear you lack any form of actual credibility.

Speaking of Peewee antics, your small dick little "I don't want to be doxxed" narrative makes me laugh, I've happily met multiple people from this board.

Now, make sure you get the rim nice and clean while you are down there.

The information could have been presented by any tweet, using your brain would have allowed you to cross reference it from any one of the multitude of sources that also announced it.

Your Peewee Herman antics might work with high schoolers but it's clear you lack any form of actual credibility.

Speaking of Peewee antics, your small dick little "I don't want to be doxxed" narrative makes me laugh, I've happily met multiple people from this board.

Now, make sure you get the rim nice and clean while you are down there.

🤣

I teach college, little man, something from which your basic rhetoric would prohibit you.

I don't retweet nonsense from X because I value my education and wouldn't stoop so low as to post something from Leading Report.

You are a simpleton, but more hilariously, you are perhaps the most insecure non-teenager I've ever encountered. Impotence and insecurity permeate from nearly everything you post, and I'm not the only one to recognize this.

I would have no interest in meeting such a juvenile person lacking in character in real life. I do find entertainment in reminding them of their irrelevance!

😘🤏

Reactions: Ree4 and littlez
🤣

I teach college, little man, something from which your basic rhetoric would prohibit you.

I don't retweet nonsense from X because I value my education and wouldn't stoop so low as to post something from Leading Report.

You are a simpleton, but more hilariously, you are perhaps the most insecure non-teenager I've ever encountered. Impotence and insecurity permeate from nearly everything you post, and I'm not the only one to recognize this.

I would have no interest in meeting such a juvenile person lacking in character in real life. I do find entertainment in reminding them of their irrelevance!

😘🤏
Thats a hell of a narrative you are hiding behind. Hiding like the self loathing cuck you are. Much EL OH EL.

• Haha
I think this person nails it:

A multitude of factors has led to Iowa’s red-shift.

1. Tea Party Backlash — After 2008, the GOP regrouped and organized a massive backlash response to Obama and the Democrats, built on preying on fears and anxieties of older, WWC voters who make up most of states like Iowa. That’s what produced the Tea Party and the 2010 red-wave midterms. Part of this effort was also an escalation in disinformation, including the GOP slowly becoming more competent in using social media to spread its propaganda.
  2. IDP Atrophy — the IDP also grew increasingly reliant on Obama’s campaign machine, which only was active in 2008 and 2012. For all his strengths as a campaign, Obama was not great at campaigning for other candidates in midterms/cycles he wasn’t running in. And without his resources, the IDP slowly decayed, which allowed the Iowa GOP to further regain and solidify power in Iowa.
  3. Brain Drain — As Iowa has shifted more to the right, younger, more educate, more liberal Iowans have left the state. For years now, we’ve had a net negative rate of college graduates remaining in Iowa, as opposed to leaving for bluer states like MN, IL, and CO. That’s means the folks more likely to still be here are older, less educated, and more conservative on the whole. And this trend easily becomes self-perpetuating, because the GOP keeps enacting policies in Iowa that drive more and more younger liberals away.
  4. Lack of Investment — Because of Iowa’s drift, the DNC has largely given up on the state. Outside of maybe IA-03, there’s not many major competitive seats here for now, so the DNC is more interested in focusing resources to holding the “blue wall” and gaining ground in new battleground states like AZ and GA. We’ve simply lost our swing state status and so aren’t worth to fight for now, at least in the eyes of the national party. That then doubles back to #2, which is why the way out of this mess is rebuilding the IDP from the ground up, with a long term strategy of making incremental wins and slowly building back up strength like we’ve seen the WI Dems do.
The main reason is liberal people have left Iowa for better opportunities. Simple as that.

The main reason is liberal people have left Iowa for better opportunities. Simple as that.
Wife and I left in 2014 for LA. Now live in Omaha, which went blue for Biden in 2020. Happy to visit IC for a football weekend. See no benefit in spending much more time in the state than that.

I NEVER thought I’d say that when I went to school at Iowa 20 years ago.

Or it's just terrible policy on the left and you can't convince small town iowa guy that men have babies. They don't lack education, they lack indoctrination.
You are precisely who we're talking about. People saying men can have babies have zero effect on your life. Dogshit Republican do nothings DO affect all of us, negatively - well other than the HAVES. But you guys are so wrapped up in stupid shit like what you posted - CRT, caravans bringing rapists, that Republicans throw against the wall that sticks with you guys.

As proven yesterday, TRUMP REPUBLICANS DO NOT WANT TO FIX THE BORDER. Who gives a shit if some idiots talk about men having babies?? Figure this out.

Wife and I left in 2014 for LA. Now live in Omaha, which went blue for Biden in 2020. Happy to visit IC for a football weekend. See no benefit in spending much more time in the state than that.

The state of Iowa is better off without you. I see no benefit in even having you alive. You add nothing to society and take up valuable resources.

• Wow
Reactions: Lindemann
I think this person nails it:

A multitude of factors has led to Iowa’s red-shift.

1. Tea Party Backlash — After 2008, the GOP regrouped and organized a massive backlash response to Obama and the Democrats, built on preying on fears and anxieties of older, WWC voters who make up most of states like Iowa. That’s what produced the Tea Party and the 2010 red-wave midterms. Part of this effort was also an escalation in disinformation, including the GOP slowly becoming more competent in using social media to spread its propaganda.
  2. IDP Atrophy — the IDP also grew increasingly reliant on Obama’s campaign machine, which only was active in 2008 and 2012. For all his strengths as a campaign, Obama was not great at campaigning for other candidates in midterms/cycles he wasn’t running in. And without his resources, the IDP slowly decayed, which allowed the Iowa GOP to further regain and solidify power in Iowa.
  3. Brain Drain — As Iowa has shifted more to the right, younger, more educate, more liberal Iowans have left the state. For years now, we’ve had a net negative rate of college graduates remaining in Iowa, as opposed to leaving for bluer states like MN, IL, and CO. That’s means the folks more likely to still be here are older, less educated, and more conservative on the whole. And this trend easily becomes self-perpetuating, because the GOP keeps enacting policies in Iowa that drive more and more younger liberals away.
  4. Lack of Investment — Because of Iowa’s drift, the DNC has largely given up on the state. Outside of maybe IA-03, there’s not many major competitive seats here for now, so the DNC is more interested in focusing resources to holding the “blue wall” and gaining ground in new battleground states like AZ and GA. We’ve simply lost our swing state status and so aren’t worth to fight for now, at least in the eyes of the national party. That then doubles back to #2, which is why the way out of this mess is rebuilding the IDP from the ground up, with a long term strategy of making incremental wins and slowly building back up strength like we’ve seen the WI Dems do.
2 and 4 are very similar to what has happened in Florida. Switch 3 for in FL we are getting mass influx of Republicans / MAGA moving in.

1 is 100 percent true. The tea party was the beginning of how Trump and MAGA came about. It was not at all about taxes and deficit but a group of racist birthers going nuts we had a black president and finding away to protest it and find similar horrible people to hang with. The true precursor to MAGA rallies.

Men having babies (whatever that means) has nothing to do with rural Iowa's economic woes. Those woes are mostly self-induced btw.
But, it's great to distract rural voters with misinformation and culture wars. Keeps the Republicans from facing any heat over rural Iowans losing ground economically or their tax dollars being siphoned off to send kids to Dowling or Xavier.

Things have changed. I've been in Iowa city for over 40 years. I'm looking to leave.

Democrats know what all the problems are, but have no way to fix them, that's why they never get fixed. They're so busy labeling anyone who doesn't agree with them as bigots or something else they never get anything done either.

You are precisely who we're talking about. People saying men can have babies have zero effect on your life. Dogshit Republican do nothings DO affect all of us, negatively - well other than the HAVES. But you guys are so wrapped up in stupid shit like what you posted - CRT, caravans bringing rapists, that Republicans throw against the wall that sticks with you guys.

As proven yesterday, TRUMP REPUBLICANS DO NOT WANT TO FIX THE BORDER. Who gives a shit if some idiots talk about men having babies?? Figure this out.
Sharing a country with idiots who think men can have babies absolutely has an effect on my life.

• Haha
Obama was both a breath of fresh air at the time, and more conservative than the average Dem today.

Obamas border policies from 2008 would get him defeated in a primary today. Iowans simply didn't slide left with the rest of the Dems, it's really that simple.

Mixed Martial Arts Middle Finger GIF by UFC

I don't think Iowa voters, by and large, and that sophisticated (I am an Iowan).

I think Iowans liked Obama better than his opponent. Now, they like Trump.

It's not that complicated.

Obama was both a breath of fresh air at the time, and more conservative than the average Dem today.

Obamas border policies from 2008 would get him defeated in a primary today. Iowans simply didn't slide left with the rest of the Dems, it's really that simple.
Explain in detail how majority of the Democrats slid left. TIA.

Reactions: Ree4 and JWolf74
Reynolds only won the state by like 2.5% over Fred Hubble. If she wasn't the incumbent, I doubt she wins. The Dems threw in the towel in the last election before it even began...
Rob Sand will defeat Kim Reynolds(she prolly won’t run she’s ready to take the Grassley seat) in ‘26 if he simply stays away from the pro DEI platform that the left has been pushing nationally. Reynolds has alienated too many people with her legislative agenda(anti public education) the past two years.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Democrats know what all the problems are, but have no way to fix them, that's why they never get fixed. They're so busy labeling anyone who doesn't agree with them as bigots or something else they never get anything done either.
This makes no sense for rural Iowans. Most of the policies that impact them come from the local and state level. On a local level, I would bet all rural Iowans are likely represented by Republicans. On a state level, Iowa is dominated by Republican leadership.

So why does rural Iowa not fix their problems?

Reactions: RileyHawk
This makes no sense for rural Iowans. Most of the policies that impact them come from the local and state level. On a local level, I would bet all rural Iowans are likely represented by Republicans. On a state level, Iowa is dominated by Republican leadership.

So why does rural Iowa not fix their problems?
What problems? I don't really know what their issues are.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14

What problems? I don't really know what their issues are.
Umm, the problems you mentioned in the post I quoted. Your words.

Reactions: RileyHawk
How much of it is simply that the working class and rural voters side with republicans more than dems on “culture war” issues and conservatives have done well pushing those issues? Rural voters going heavily GOP isn’t an Iowa issue, its nationwide. I also wouldn’t say its just a white working class issue and dem support has been eroding amongst hispanic voters (and slightly with black voters).

Also, on immigration, I bet working class probably sides more with limited immigration vs. what some of the dem candidates were calling for in 2020 primaries.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Which goes back to my question. It's like you have trouble reading. When localities are dominated by Rs in rural Iowa, how are their problems (that you mentioned) the faults of Ds? Sounds like lack of accountability to me.
Posters like KF and the other morons on here absolutely hate it when you reference their own words. They spin and thrash and ultimately cower and go on to pollute a different thread.

Everything changed in 2009 when the Iowa Supreme Court decision on gay marriage came down. I think the cultural conservatives in the state decided "never again", they seized political power and have held on to it ever since.

🙄

So now the lefties don't like rural iowans either? It seems you guys want everyone who doesn't agree with you to kill themselves. You belong to a party of hate, and it will eventually collapse.

It's sad that the only people you like are liberal college professors, woke politicians, and the girls from the view. You should try being more accepting of diversity and be more inclusive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT