ADVERTISEMENT

Obamacare Is in Grave Danger, Again

Correct. I took the job for good health insurance. Now with Obamacare the insurance doesn’t mean as much.
If we keep Obamacare then it would be great to be paid better.
If we get rid of Obamacare, my good insurance has more meaning.
I’m not against Obamacare but as I mention in a different post. Why don’t we care as much about making food or clothing as affordable for people then. Someone can make almost 60,000 and get Obamacare. Yet if you are making 19,000 you can’t receive food stamps.
Why wouldn’t they have the income the same for these two items? Everyone truly needs food in this world yet we do nothing for them?
That literally makes no sense at all.

Exactly what I said. My job basically pays me by giving me good health insurance because I needed it and pays me pretty much nothing in money form.

If this country isn’t going to give free health care to everyone, I’d rather see it go away to make my job with better health benefits more rewarding.

If obumacare is going to stay around, places similar to the company I work for should have to start paying more of a salary. Otherwise what’s the point of working this job when I can not work or work limited hours and receive health care from our government and get paid the same.

What are you talking about?
Sounds like you are being taken advantage of.

Reactions: EasyHawk
That’s not basically what I’m saying. It’s exactly what I’m saying.
If they don’t want to give free healthcare to everyone then I vote to get ride of ACA or treat other programs the same.

Any one person making under $58,000 can qualify for Obamacare yet in order for someone to qualify for food stamps you have to make under $19,000.

You can still make pretty decent money and receive ACA yet you have to be broke ass poor to get any assistance on food. Something you need everyday to survive.
You are completely ignorant about the ACA. Making under the income level means you can qualify for a tax credit. That credit diminishes to $0 as the income level rises. You can still get insurance through the ACA above that level, there simply isn't a credit.

You also have to have a minimum amount of income to get insurance through the ACA marketplace. If you are under that level you can qualify for Medicaid.

ACA isn't insurance - it's a marketplace to get regular private insurance just like employers offer. A tax credit might be available if your income is low enough and that is like the portion of premiums that employers pay as a benefit to employees.

Correct. I took the job for good health insurance. Now with Obamacare the insurance doesn’t mean as much.
If we keep Obamacare then it would be great to be paid better.
If we get rid of Obamacare, my good insurance has more meaning.
I’m not against Obamacare but as I mention in a different post. Why don’t we care as much about making food or clothing as affordable for people then. Someone can make almost 60,000 and get Obamacare. Yet if you are making 19,000 you can’t receive food stamps.
Why wouldn’t they have the income the same for these two items? Everyone truly needs food in this world yet we do nothing for them?
You don't know what you're talking about. It's obvious why you're in a low paying job.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
You are completely ignorant about the ACA. Making under the income level means you can qualify for a tax credit. That credit diminishes to $0 as the income level rises. You can still get insurance through the ACA above that level, there simply isn't a credit.

You also have to have a minimum amount of income to get insurance through the ACA marketplace. If you are under that level you can qualify for Medicaid.

ACA isn't insurance - it's a marketplace to get regular private insurance just like employers offer. A tax credit might be available if your income is low enough and that is like the portion of premiums that employers pay as a benefit to employees.
Wait are you trying to tell me that there are different levels and you don’t get 100% medical help if you fall below a certain income level?
I suppose next you’re going to tell me we have different tax brackets and not everyone pays the same in taxes.
Like I said if you make almost 60k you can still get ACA.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Wait are you trying to tell me that there are different levels and you don’t get 100% medical help if you fall below a certain income level?
I suppose next you’re going to tell me we have different tax brackets and not everyone pays the same in taxes.
No…no…just no. At “almost 60K” you get a small tax credit to help cover the private insurance YOU pay for. The ACA just sets up a marketplace in your state for you to pick from. And you choose from PRIVATE insurance companies. The tax credit gets larger as you income drops. Once your income drops to a certain level, you qualify for Medicaid…an actual govt insurance. You need to stop. You’re sounding like a moron.

We have a modest house, most of our friends and coworkers have much nicer ones. I guess I should hope theirs burn down, that way ours will seem much more valuable.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GDeal
Season 4 Oops GIF by The Office

No…no…just no. At “almost 60K” you get a small tax credit to help cover the private insurance YOU pay for. The ACA just sets up a marketplace in your state for you to pick from. And you choose from PRIVATE insurance companies. The tax credit gets larger as you income drops. Once your income drops to a certain level, you qualify for Medicaid…an actual govt insurance. You need to stop. You’re sounding like a moron.
So receiving a small credit to apply to health care plan isnt the same as receiving a reduced health care plan?
Are you not receiving heath care at a cheaper price then someone making more money?

• Haha
I have no idea what you are asking in that first sentence.

You can get insurance through the ACA as long as you don't qualify for Medicaid.

Not just sounding like...

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
So receiving a small credit to apply to health care plan isnt the same as receiving a reduced health care plan?
Are you not receiving heath care at a cheaper price then someone making more money?
Are you receiving a reduced healthcare plan? If so (you are if it's an employer plan) by how much?

We have a modest house, most of our friends and coworkers have much nicer ones. I guess I should hope theirs burn down, that way ours will seem much more valuable.
That’s not even close to the same thing. They had the money to buy the house and I’m guessing they aren’t receiving any sort of hand out that puts you behind in life.

Someone that receives a CREDIT for health care now save some money to use on other items. Thus driving up supply and demand for those other items increasing the cost for everyone. Including the ones not making much and aren’t getting a health care credit.

That’s not even close to the same thing. They had the money to buy the house and I’m guessing they aren’t receiving any sort of hand out that puts you behind in life.

Someone that receives a CREDIT for health care now save some money to use on other items. Thus driving up supply and demand for those other items increasing the cost for everyone. Including the ones not making much and aren’t getting a health care credit.
If the ACA was vanquished tomorrow, what exactly is it that you think would happen with your employer/health insurance?

stop GIF

If the ACA was vanquished tomorrow, what exactly is it that you think would happen with your employer/health insurance?
I guess that all depends on who or what organization takes over paying the bills for uninsured people that need medical attention.
My guess is that premiums for people that have health insurance would continue to rise like it does every year. But I believe it will affect other companies a hell of a lot more than it does my company.
My company already doesn’t pay very well so that won’t change, but it will most likely affect other companies.
Either they will have to take less pay so their company can continue to offer health care. Or they will receive around the same amount of pay as they currently do but will be forced to find an independent insurance company that will most likely cost them more.

Will we then penalize people that aren’t carrying insurance once they can’t get it through their employer and don’t go through the work of finding their own?

Are we going to continue to take in patients that don’t have insurance and give them the medical help they need?

So yeah it may be selfish of me to want to get rid of it to better myself financially but isn’t it also selfish if someone takes a higher paying job and gets help with insurance?

• Haha
I guess that all depends on who or what organization takes over paying the bills for uninsured people that need medical attention.
My guess is that premiums for people that have health insurance would continue to rise like it does every year. But I believe it will affect other companies a hell of a lot more than it does my company.
My company already doesn’t pay very well so that won’t change, but it will most likely affect other companies.
Either they will have to take less pay so their company can continue to offer health care. Or they will receive around the same amount of pay as they currently do but will be forced to find an independent insurance company that will most likely cost them more.

Will we then penalize people that aren’t carrying insurance once they can’t get it through their employer and don’t go through the work of finding their own?

Are we going to continue to take in patients that don’t have insurance and give them the medical help they need?

So yeah it may be selfish of me to want to get rid of it to better myself financially but isn’t it also selfish if someone takes a higher paying job and gets help with insurance?
Stop It GIF

Any one person making under $58,000 can qualify for Obamacare yet in order for someone to qualify for food stamps you have to make under $19,000.

So?,.. I think somewhere between $19,000 & $58,000 a person should be able to develop the ability to feed themselves.

This is completely nonsensical. All the ACA does is provide a path for people without employer based healthcare assistance to get it at similar costs.

If you get fired tomorrow, what will you do for healthcare benefits?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT