ADVERTISEMENT

Odd scoring trend entering ISU game

Feb 25, 2008
Since 2010 (I stopped there), the team that has scored more points (or played a game) the prior week has gone on to win the Cy-Hawk game save for these seasons:

2011- garbage Steele Jantz game

2015- was a push (31 pts each) entering the game, and Iowa only pulled away late with two 4th Qtr TDs

2017- Iowa needed an amazing comeback to win in OT

Fortunately, Iowa has a better track record at bucking this trend than ISU.

Unfortunately:
(Week 1 pts) ISU- 30 Iowa- 24

Since 2010 (I stopped there), the team that has scored more points (or played a game) the prior week has gone on to win the Cy-Hawk game save for these seasons:

2015- was a push (31 pts each) entering the game, and Iowa only pulled away late with two 4th Qtr TDs

Unfortunately:
but don't forget that the rule of 24 trumps all that and fortunately we did put up 24 this year in the game prior to isu.

Unfortunately:
Iowa has not lost there since 2011.

So the team that scores more points is more likely to win. Yep.
Not always the case. I went back another year and lo and behold, the year we had our scare with UNI, Iowa State won their game scoring more points........................but we beat their arse, 35-3. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT