ADVERTISEMENT

odds of Padilla playing

Iowa averaged 28 points/game coming into the Maryland game last year. If we see 28 today I'll be shocked...along with most other Iowa fans. To blow a team out...you have to score a lot.
And Maryland had a shit ton of turnovers. Iowa State would have to do the same thing, which is always possible.

And Maryland had a shit ton of turnovers. Iowa State would have to do the same thing, which is always possible.
Sure is, and it could likely be the difference today. But unless they're inside the 20 yard line I wouldn't expect to see a lot of points off of them. I'd love nothing more than to see it happen, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Unless Petras just comes out and lights it up, it's very likely Padilla plays tomorrow.
Unfortunately...I don't he has to light it up. He just needs to manage the game...hit the throws that are easy and we should be able to get points. KF / BF are just trying to win...no style points, and he doesn't have to be outstanding...just good. I honestly think Petras will play well today. It's doubtful Padilla plays.

Sure is, and it could likely be the difference today. But unless they're inside the 20 yard line I wouldn't expect to see a lot of points off of them.
That’s the sad thing. Even if Iowa takes possession on the plus side of the field, their odds of scoring are still under 25%.

Inside the 20, maybe 40/60.

I’m convinced that KF is more interested in showing who’s boss than he is at winning football games. Playing AP would be a big risk for him, since it could show that everyone in the college football world is smarter than him. It would take either an injury to SP or maybe a 3TD deficit for AP to see the field.

If Padilla couldn’t get in last week, don’t see him getting in today. Unless Iowa blows out Clones.
This the correct answer. So I am putting the percentage chance at 2% because that would mean a couple of pick sixes, punt return for TD, and numerous safeties/field goals….😉

Reactions: iahawks10
Iowa averaged 28 points/game coming into the Maryland game last year. If we see 28 today I'll be shocked...along with most other Iowa fans. To blow a team out...you have to score a lot.

And since then, Iowa has averaged 10.67 ppg and is (2-4) when Petras played more than half of the game.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Ferentz regularly talks about Petras' confidence, and what's even worse than boos is the deafening applause of your backup coming in. You KNOW Ferentz wants to avoid that and hold out for a road game. Both switches last year came in road games.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
It appears Petras has really tried hard in the off season. We see him on spring break with a QB coach, going to the Manning Camp and hear about him losing weight. When you think about it, who is showing those images, it has to be coming from Petras I would imagine. I don't think 2 years of playing, a few camps and weight loss made him that much better against South Dakota. I'm thinking Petras has really shortened his leash. I am thinking 60 % chance Padilla enters the game.
0%?

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Any chance we just really suck?
Hawks are handicapped, every time Ferentz trots Petras out there……horrible, horrible last 3 full games he’s played at QB1. I feel sorry for the rest of the offense is the truth. I said last week a monkey an hand off the ball. If QB1 doesn’t use his legs, then you better have pocket presence and consistent accuracy, which Petras has very little of since Penn St game last year (over 10 games ago). SO KIRK WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT