ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official '19-'20 EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc. Thread*****

I love the relegation battles. Whenever Watford is on I think of Elton John slamming booze in a suite after a multi day coke bender.

On this side of the pond, looks like Cedar Rapids will take the place of Des Moines Menace when they go to the USL Championship...

The Arsenal has a 1-0 lead at the half over Leicester. If they can hold on to it, they can pull within 3 points of Leicester and maintain the 4 point lead over Hotpants. But, second halves haven't been kind lately to the Gunners, so we shall see. COYG!

Another great goal from Pulisic yesterday @ Palace, with Wolves loss today it looks like Chelsea's place for CL is just about locked up at 8 points clear with 4 matches remaining. There's also the FA Cup semi final ahead for Chelsea this weekend. Only one American has an FA Cup medal (2004) or has appeared in an FA Cup Final (Tim Howard, 2004 & 2010 with Everton). Guzan also was a backup once for Villa but did not play, and Villa lost the final. First American outfield player to appear in an FA Cup Final would really be something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
What makes soccer gay?
e03f1e20910f51f4b2a7168da98fbc72.gif

Pathetic display from the Irons today. If wh go down I'm giving up watching soccer for the year.

She wore, she wore,

She wore a yellow ribbon,

She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May.

And when, I asked, Oh why she wore her ribbon?

She said it’s for The Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

Wembley, Wembley,

We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley.

She wore, she wore,

Wembley, Wembley,

I'm forever blowing bubbles.
Pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high.
Nearly reach the sky.
And like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding.
I've looked everywhere.
United! United!

COYI!

They fly so high.
Nearly reach the sky.
And like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding.
I've looked everywhere.
United! United!

COYI!
West Ham...great club.

Not in the FA Cup Final though!

COYG!!!!!!

She wore, she wore,

Wembley, Wembley,

Watched the match, rooting for Arsenal. I was pleasantly surprised. I’m hoping Pulisic wins it though, scoring at least one goal in the final. USMNT above all others in the EPL this year. (C’mon Cottagers!)

I wonder if Pulisic will play in the final. Was hoping to get to watch him again today.

Why was Mason Mount over him today?

I am assuming it is because Pulisic and Abraham will be used against Liverpool? One win and they have a Champions League spot secured.

That, and I think Lampard was playing a more defensive oriented, match-up game. I expect to see both in the final.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
A loss for the red devils today could help Leicester get into the champions league. So, a game of some consequence. That, and help whu distance themselves from relegation. Chelsea v Liverpool should be a good match as well.

How could you leave out the most important substitute of the match? ;)

...The top two scorers since corona break are an American (Pulisic at Chelsea) and a Mexican (Jimenez at Wolves). Suck it, CONCACAF haters.
Pulisic has been phenomenal since the restart. His work to get that assist was master class. He glided past 4 Liverpool defenders, with absolute ease.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Alright, you take Antonio, I will take Pulisic, deal for the next couple of years?

Unfortunately for my team, that's the way the cards are dealt. We don't have the money to spend on top players like Chelsea does. Must be nice to be able to support teams with almost unlimited budgets. I like pulisic though. Representing American players at the highest level of European football, with class and skill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT