Fiorentina 1445 ET

Lecce
Verona 1445 ET

Sassuolo
Sampdoria 1445 ET

Udinese
Parma 1445 ET

Last edited:
Looks like Oyarzabal will be heading to Man City to replace Sane should he leave to Bayern Munich.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Juve now the favourites to sign Lukaku instead of Inter. Not sure how much playing time is a factor here but I'd think he'd get more at Inter.

Pretty stoked that I will be seeing TWO Liverpool games in person at Anfield this year!!

Taking a little post-Christmas vacation to the UK and have secured tickets for these:

28/12/2019 15:00 Liverpool v Wolverhampton

01/01/2020 15:00 Liverpool v Sheffield United

That Reds-Wolves game should be a fun one.

Not 100% set in stone yet (though close), but I believe I'm seeing 2 Arsenal matches at the Emirates this year, as well as a Belgium Euro2020 Qualifier for good measure, in Brussels.

Nov 19: Belgium vs Cyprus
Nov 23: Arsenal vs Southampton
April 4: Arsenal vs Norwich

Pretty damn pumped about that!

Club friendlies bore me too much when we have a sport with 10 1/2 months of competitive matches.

A bit under the radar today:
PSV got picked off by Basel in Champions League qualifying, which would seem to make a move of Lozano all the more imminent. Napoli are thought to be circling.

Les, if you've never been, the Emirates is a fabulous place from which to watch a match. Not a bad seat in the house, and 60,000 of your best friends to watch with you. COYG!

I’ve been to the Emirates. It was awesome.

But Charlotte was spectacular. Gooners EVERYWHERE. We took over all of uptown for 2 days. Marched to the stadium singing on match day. Man was it fun!

Pepe is here!!!

EA5bJGkWkAAyT3T.jpg

Sources: Man Utd agree record £80m Maguire fee
i

ROB DAWSON2:09 PM ET3 Minute Read

Why Maguire would '100% make Man United better'
Stewart Robson and Steve Nicol assess what Harry Maguire would bring to Manchester United while Gab Marcotti isn't convinced the deal will get done.
Manchester United are set to sign Harry Maguire after reaching a breakthrough with Leicester on Friday morning, sources told ESPN FC.

According to the sources, United have agreed to a world-record fee for a defender -- around £80 million plus add-ons -- to pry Maguire away from the King Power Stadium.

The 26-year-old is set to undergo a medical on Saturday before signing a five-year contract in the next few days. He will be eligible to make his United debut against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Aug. 11.

Leicester were holding out for a bid of £95 million for Maguire before agreeing to a compromise. The record fee for a defender eclipses the £75 million Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in 2018.

It brings to an end more than two months of negotiations and secures Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's top defensive target. Maguire had feared Leicester were pricing him out of a dream move to Old Trafford, but after making it clear to the club and manager Brendan Rodgers that he wanted to leave, United have been able to seal a deal.

Manchester City were also interested but pulled out after being told Leicester's demands. Maguire was subject to interest from United last summer but agreed to stay at Leicester and signed a new long-term contract in September.

He played 76 games in two seasons at Leicester after arriving for £17 million from Hull City in 2017.

The big-money move for Maguire is the latest in United's planned £200 million spend this summer, which ESPN FC reported in May.

Meanwhile, United are still waiting to hear whether Paulo Dybala is open to a move as part of a deal that would see striker Romelu Lukaku join Juventus.

Talks between the two clubs in London have progressed well, but sources have told ESPN FC that Dybala has reservations about moving to Manchester and swapping Champions League football for at least one season in the Europa League.

The Argentina forward has returned to Turin to make a decision about his future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...utd-agree-record-80m-maguire-fee?platform=amp

Sources: Man Utd agree record £80m Maguire fee
i

ROB DAWSON2:09 PM ET3 Minute Read

Why Maguire would '100% make Man United better'
Stewart Robson and Steve Nicol assess what Harry Maguire would bring to Manchester United while Gab Marcotti isn't convinced the deal will get done.
Manchester United are set to sign Harry Maguire after reaching a breakthrough with Leicester on Friday morning, sources told ESPN FC.

According to the sources, United have agreed to a world-record fee for a defender -- around £80 million plus add-ons -- to pry Maguire away from the King Power Stadium.

The 26-year-old is set to undergo a medical on Saturday before signing a five-year contract in the next few days. He will be eligible to make his United debut against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Aug. 11.

Leicester were holding out for a bid of £95 million for Maguire before agreeing to a compromise. The record fee for a defender eclipses the £75 million Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in 2018.

It brings to an end more than two months of negotiations and secures Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's top defensive target. Maguire had feared Leicester were pricing him out of a dream move to Old Trafford, but after making it clear to the club and manager Brendan Rodgers that he wanted to leave, United have been able to seal a deal.

Manchester City were also interested but pulled out after being told Leicester's demands. Maguire was subject to interest from United last summer but agreed to stay at Leicester and signed a new long-term contract in September.

He played 76 games in two seasons at Leicester after arriving for £17 million from Hull City in 2017.

The big-money move for Maguire is the latest in United's planned £200 million spend this summer, which ESPN FC reported in May.

Meanwhile, United are still waiting to hear whether Paulo Dybala is open to a move as part of a deal that would see striker Romelu Lukaku join Juventus.

Talks between the two clubs in London have progressed well, but sources have told ESPN FC that Dybala has reservations about moving to Manchester and swapping Champions League football for at least one season in the Europa League.

The Argentina forward has returned to Turin to make a decision about his future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3910943/sources-man-utd-agree-record-80m-maguire-fee?platform=amp

That’s insane money. Brilliant business for Leicester. That is a really well run club.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Double-header today on FOX:

1:30 pm German Super Cup - Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund.

3:30 pm MLS - Atlanta UTD vs LA Galaxy

Last edited:
Reactions: ThamesHawk
Alphonso Davies comes in on the right wing in the 66th minute, Dortmund score down the opposite side 2 minutes later. 2-0, Alphonso switches to that side. Clearly Bayern trust the kid.

Alphonso Davies comes in on the right wing in the 66th minute, Dortmund score down the opposite side 2 minutes later. 2-0, Alphonso switches to that side. Clearly Bayern trust the kid.

Dortmund looks solid. Sancho looks to have a big season.

Dortmund really develops some good players.

I never get gear from European teams because I am waaaay too bandwagon. I have never really picked a team to stick with. It's all centered around US players.

Our office is covered in Sounders and USA scarves though!

I have developed rooting interests in teams that have had a long list of Americans over time, like Fulham and FC St. Pauli, but otherwise I am with you. It’s like my loyalty to NFL teams; only ones with ex-Hawkeyes.

I never get gear from European teams because I am waaaay too bandwagon. I have never really picked a team to stick with. It's all centered around US players.

Our office is covered in Sounders and USA scarves though!

I started following Dortmund because EPL is too trendy, BvB has the same colors as the Hawkeyes, and Pulisic played there. Plus I do have a lot of German heritage.

I have developed rooting interests in teams that have had a long list of Americans over time, like Fulham and FC St. Pauli, but otherwise I am with you. It’s like my loyalty to NFL teams; only ones with ex-Hawkeyes.

When it was Fulamerica, I was all over that crap. I was looking at Fulham stuff all the time. Let us not forget that THE Eddie Johnson played in the EPL...

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
All sorts of Gooner activity yesterday/today:

• Jenko (Carl Jenkinson) - sold to Nottingham Forest for 2 mil GBP
  • Eddie Nketiah - likely going to Bristol City on loan (not in favor of this)
  • Arsenal were never interested in Coutinho (allegedly)...AND Coutinho has rejected a loan move to spuds.
  • Everton allegedly bid 30mil GBP for Iwobi and Arsenal said no - WHY?!
  • DC United in for Ozil...really?! Please let it be true!
  • Danny Welbeck has signed for Watford
  • David Luiz allegedly trying to force a move to Arsenal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT