ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL 2024 HROT FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD***

Zqbp2ss.jpg

YS51's Yumbelievable Team Drafts a Recipe for Disaster​

In the HROT League, YS51's Yumbelievable Team managed to secure the 3rd spot in the draft order, but unfortunately, that's where their luck ran out. With a draft grade of F, it seems like they were aiming for a new record in underachievement. Projected to finish dead last with a dismal 1-13-0 record, it's safe to say that this team's season is already looking like a lost cause.

The Yumbelievable Team's draft strategy was about as effective as trying to cook a gourmet meal with a microwave. Their best pick, T.J. Hockenson, was selected at 51, which is not too shabby considering their position. However, their worst pick, Khalil Herbert, was drafted at 75, a whopping 25 spots higher than their ADP. It's almost impressive how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. With the 4th toughest schedule in the league and one player on bye week 9, it seems like YS51's Yumbelievable Team is in for a season full of disappointment. Perhaps they should change their team name to YS51's Yumbelievable Trainwreck.

I am not surprised by this because after doing 50 or so Draft Kings Best Ball Drafts, I thought the Yahoo rankings and ADPs were completely out of whack. So I found myself reaching (according to them) for players that are way better than where they had them Not to mention most of their player write ups I read were written on August 4th or earlier. Time will tell I guess. But I really do think their rankings were complete shit. Everyone I've heard who knows about the shit loves Herbert as a value. They said he's the worst pick of the draft. LOL

Reactions: B1GDeal
This checks out:

ThorneStockton's Draft: A C- Performance That's Bound to Be Forgotten​

ThorneStockton, the team with a name that sounds like a prestigious law firm, made their mark in the HROT League draft. Picking second in the draft order, they had the opportunity to secure some top-tier talent. However, their draft grade of C- suggests that they might have missed the mark. With a projected record of 5-9-0 and a projected finish in 9th place, it seems like ThorneStockton is destined for mediocrity. Maybe they should consider changing their team name to 'The Average Achievers'?

ThorneStockton's draft was filled with ups and downs. Their best pick was David Njoku, who was drafted at 119, surpassing their ADP of 96. It seems like they managed to find a hidden gem in the later rounds. However, their worst pick was Kirk Cousins, who was selected at 95, much higher than their ADP of 116. It's safe to say that ThorneStockton reached a bit too far for that one. With a schedule difficulty ranked as the 3rd toughest out of 12 teams, ThorneStockton is going to have to work extra hard to prove that they're more than just a fancy team name.

• Haha
Reactions: FAUlty Gator
My favorite part of my draft recap:

“With one player on bye week 10, they’ll have to find a way to fill that gap.”

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
10-4? That’s cute.

In the highly competitive HROT League, the QChawks have left their opponents squawking in disbelief with their impeccable draft performance. With a draft grade of A+ and a projected record of 11-3-0, this team is poised to dominate the league. Despite picking 4th in the draft order, the QChawks managed to snag the steal of the draft with Amari Cooper at pick 52, well below their ADP of 42. It's clear that the QChawks have an eye for talent, except perhaps when it comes to Jordan Addison, who was picked at 93, much higher than their ADP of 111. But hey, nobody's perfect!

Not only did the QChawks make some savvy picks, but they also have a favorable schedule ahead. While they may face the 6th toughest schedule out of the 12 teams, their projected points of 2017.38 suggest that they'll be able to handle the competition with ease. With only 2 players on bye week 5, the QChawks have managed to avoid any major scheduling headaches. It seems like everything is falling into place for this team, and they're ready to spread their wings and soar to victory. Watch out, HROT League, the QChawks are coming for you!
10-4 was top record last year

I swear you took the person I wanted multiple times
I'm not surprised. Somehow the way my draft worked out is when it came to my pick there were like 2 good options for that draft position, and the rest was ****ing junk.

I actually didn't have many moments of "Ohh, i wanted that guy!" until prob round 10-14. Typically I would say "okay, i'll take the best available of these 3" and usually 1 would be there, but a couple times someone would reach for a player I thought would be there.

Sorry for invading the party, but didn't want to make my own thread either.

I swear to God I've picked in the bottom 3 of our 14 team league all but one year.

Picked 12th this year. I don't think I did a bad job.............if this were like 2019 or 2021.

Saquon Barkley
A.J. Brown
Trevor Lawrence
Kenneth Walker III
Miles Sanders
DeAndre Hopkins
Christian Kirk
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Brandin Cooks
Eagles D/ST
C.J. Stroud
Roschon Johnson
Quentin Johnson
Brett Maher

In the HROT League, YS51's Yumbelievable Team managed to secure the 3rd spot in the draft order, but unfortunately, that's where their luck ran out. With a draft grade of F, it seems like they were aiming for a new record in underachievement. Projected to finish dead last with a dismal 1-13-0 record, it's safe to say that this team's season is already looking like a lost cause.

The Yumbelievable Team's draft strategy was about as effective as trying to cook a gourmet meal with a microwave. Their best pick, T.J. Hockenson, was selected at 51, which is not too shabby considering their position. However, their worst pick, Khalil Herbert, was drafted at 75, a whopping 25 spots higher than their ADP. It's almost impressive how they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. With the 4th toughest schedule in the league and one player on bye week 9, it seems like YS51's Yumbelievable Team is in for a season full of disappointment. Perhaps they should change their team name to YS51's Yumbelievable Trainwreck.
Ha! Eff you, Yahoo, idiots!
@QChawks first week. Good momentum starter there.
Yes it was. Onto the next scrub. Take no prisoners!

Also could the Broncos just one time... JUST ONE TIME.. once.. just once.. not ****ing choke? Could they literally.. at any time... any time.. just once,.. just once... not do Broncos things and lose an onside first play or miss an XP and a FG and lose by 1?

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Jets D and Stefon Diggs bailing me out hard bc Josh Allen did his best to **** this week up.

W is a W tho

That the Hawks and Bears offenses will both upgrade from absolute failures to still below mediocre.

..... oh. Wrong "Fantasy Football" thread. My bad.

This week was won on the waiver wire. Noticed Akers was listed out after all the games started, Jerome Ford was pretty much the only RB available I could plug in for points. He was projected 8 and went off for 25.

Going into monday night I was down 71-115, and between Ford, Pickens, and Boswell I won 132-120. Wild.

@QChawks sucks to suck.

Iv’e already doubled my projected win total. I knew I was smarter than those Yahoo dumbasses. Worst player rankings ever.

Reactions: millah_22
I thought I heard that if you started the Dolphins backfield, you would have had over 95 points from those two alone

Archane(sp) had over 50 points. I believe one of the top 10 running back performances of all time in regards to fantasy. And Mostert I thought had over 45, which is pretty fair as well

And Tyreek had over 30 as well. Just nuts

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
Things I did not expect to read this season:

"It seems like ThorneStockton's name is synonymous with success this season, while Millah_22 will need to step up their game to catch up."

Things I did not expect to read this season:

"It seems like ThorneStockton's name is synonymous with success this season, while Millah_22 will need to step up their game to catch up."
kind of pissed. I likely won't hit 160 again this season and I got an L for it.

Eat shit Yahoo experts!

Check out my matchup recap!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT