ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official #76 RPI IOWA at #194 RPI Northwestern Games Thread (Fri on BTN; Sat & Sun on BTN PLUS)*****

Go figure....Northwestern is the worst fielding team in the conference by far. Yet, today so far they’ve made three outstanding defensive plays.
Kind of like bball teams playing Iowa who normally shoot 15% from 3 point land hitting 65% then their very next game back to 15%. Or, an 11th man averaging 1.5 goes off for a career high vs. Iowa. It's not just Fran, I've seen this all the way back to the Tom Davis era.

Wallace gets out of a bit of a jam in the 4th, ran the pitch count up a bit though. Seems like the strike zone has tightened a bit.

Missed opportunity for Iowa in the 6th. That Northwestern guy was all over the place. Norman is 0-4 on the day, I feel like he is due for the big hit.

I don’t know that I’d call Joe Tellez notable from East LA? I thought he left early. Moriel has the big hit in extras against Oregon in the Springfield regional.

Wallace allows a couple guys on in the 6th, but gets out of it. That’s six scoreless with 99 pitches. My guess is Wallace’s day is done. Iowa still leads 3-0.

Lol @ this Kaplan guy for NW, he’s made three defensive plays in the outfield he hasn’t made all year and won’t make the rest of the year.

Hoffman works a quick remainder of the 7th. Going to the 8th, Iowa up 4-0. It would be nice if Iowa could get another run or two.

Pitching change for Northwestern. Bringing a guy with two appearances and 2 1/3 innings on the year. Iowa needs to make this guy work, what little stats he has shows me he can’t throw strikes. Instead Nedved gives him an out on one pitch.

Nice to see Williams' bat coming alive. Going to need for Adreon and Norman's bats to awaken as well. If you buy into the notion that Iowa can go 4-2 and have a decent argument to get in (and I'm not sure that I'm buying that notion), Iowa cannot lose with Wallace on the mound. Friday wins are a must. (As I type this, NW goes deep and I cannot believe that ball left the park) Kudos to Wallace for stepping up big time. Here's hoping the Cascade Kid can clean up the balance of the game and save Nedved for when he may be needed on Saturday and Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT