ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Caitlin Clark/Indiana Fever vs Atlanta Dream Game Thread*****

Jesus, the Fever really can't get out of their own way in the final minutes can they?

Clark trying a little too hard at times to make that post feed on the pick and roll work.

She doesn't have to force it if it's not there.

Someone should be rotating high as an outlet if the roller is denied.

The Fever beat the Dream 83-80.

NALYSSA SMITH was the Fever's leading scorer with 21 pts. Caitlin was next with 12.

Caitlin's stats:

31 minutes

2-9 (22%) from 3
2-3 (67%) from 2
4-12 (33%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

12 points
8 Defensive Rebounds
6 Assists
1 Block

6 Turnovers

2 Fouls

It is going to be more difficult for Clark to get open looks in the W. Opponents' perimeter defenders are better than almost everyone she saw in college. Getting Mitchell back should help.

An all around solid game for CC. She doesn't need to score 30-40 points a game. She facilitated well tonight with 6 assists, could've been more. Also 8 rebounds is huge when the team isn't good at rebounding to begin with. She was a bit cold from the three, but she'll be fine.

This is what I thought. They may have wanted to see how Clark handles the offense on her own plus they are still evaluating the roster and needed to trim it down to 12 by Tuesday. Wheeler showed in the first game that she's ready to play.

Wheeler was sick

The Fever beat the Dream 83-80.

NALYSSA SMITH was the Fever's leading scorer with 21 pts. Caitlin was next with 12.

Caitlin's stats:

31 minutes

2-9 (22%) from 3
2-3 (67%) from 2
4-12 (33%) overall shooting

2-2 (100%) FTs

12 points
8 Defensive Rebounds
6 Assists
1 Block

6 Turnovers

2 Fouls
The points don't tell the story though. I missed most of the first half but it looked to me that Clark was the reason they made the comeback. She had control of the offense and everything ran through her, even if she didn't get the assists for it.

Again, you didn’t watch the game. She had at least 6, and maybe as many as 10, assists blown by teammates. She had probably 3 turnovers which were just her bad, but I just don’t recall 6. She played great defense. Cannot say she shot the ball well. Close to a triple double. Not rough

Clark is playing pretty damn well. 3s didn’t drop early but the passing has been great. She should have 3 to 5 more assists already but shots were missed.
Her teammates aren't used to her passing ability, so they aren't accustomed to the passes or don't go to spots CC can find them. She also though is learning that WNBA players are faster and better defensively than college players. She had a solid game. Only the second WNBA game she has ever played so she and her teammates will adjust.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT