ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Excited Russell Wilson GIF by SB Nation
I feel bad for that poor dog

I’m almost done watching this fever team… Their interior defense is horrific people want to talk about CC defense but holy crap… Then they got like 17 rebounds in a row on one possession and didn’t throw it out to Clark once… Honestly, she is playing well and she is still a shadow of the player she was at Iowa. She was in complete command, not now.

I’ve been OK but I’m done…. She is handcuffed beyond belief and she’s not even the one leaving perimeter players wide damn open.

I’m almost done watching this fever team… Their interior defense is horrific people want to talk about CC defense but holy crap… Then they got like 17 rebounds in a row on one possession and didn’t throw it out to Clark once… Honestly, she is playing well and she is still a shadow of the player she was at Iowa. She was in complete command, not now.

I’ve been OK but I’m done…. She is handcuffed beyond belief and she’s not even the one leaving perimeter players wide damn open.
Are you saying this because its late and you want to hit the sack?

I mean, I’m seriously pissed Smith 2-5 Boston two of 10 Mitchell 3-7 which isn’t horrible but she’s thrown up some clunkers Wolles 0-3WTH

And CC’s defense isn’t the problem
It certainly isn't any worse than anyone else on the court right now. The problem with the defense seems to be much more the "system" than it is the personnel right now. When I say system, I mean there isn't one so the players out there don't know what the hell they are supposed to be doing half the time or where they should be.

The halftime show is the Storms practice?
Remember that they pretty much just take the home team's broadcast and put it on TV so you get the home town flavor.

That said, this play by play dude is awful. I get that they are home town announcers so they are going to cheer for their team but his voice is about as fun to listen to as rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together when he gets excited. It's grating to listen to.

I don't mind the color lady too much beyond getting annoyed with her cheering too, but that's to be expected.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Also, that stupid play they showed Indiana practicing? The one where Wheeler (or Mitchell, can't remember who it was) dribbles the ball in circles twice under the basket while two people just stand wide open on the 3 point line picking their noses? That was an actual play because they ran it in the first half. The worst part is the play actually worked and they scored on it. So, guess the joke is on me.

Remember that they pretty much just take the home team's broadcast and put it on TV so you get the home town flavor.

That said, this play by play dude is awful. I get that they are home town announcers so they are going to cheer for their team but his voice is about as fun to listen to as rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together when he gets excited. It's grating to listen to.

I don't mind the color lady too much beyond getting annoyed with her cheering too, but that's to be expected.
I read an article about their announcing style, and they make it very clear that they are homies. It's for their fans, as they announce through a fan's perspective.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I read an article about their announcing style, and they make it very clear that they are homies. It's for their fans, as they announce through a fan's perspective.
Yeah, it's what hometown broadcasts do. It's part of the territory. I just hate his voice.

On that note, I've always thought Ohio State's football announcing team had very good hometown announcers. Sure, they are clearly biased but they don't make me not want to listen to the game.

Reactions: Hawksfor3 and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT