ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Vegas seems to think the Fever will keep the game close.

Game 1 (best of 3 series):
Sunday, Sep 22
Indiana Fever (20-20) at Connecticut Sun (28-12)

Tip: 2:00 PM CT
TV: ABC
Where: Mohegan Sun Arena (cap: 10,000)
Favorite: Conn (-4.5)
Total: 163.5 (a close, 84-80 type game?)

She won me over that game she hit a big 3 and afterwards said she “felt like a Hawkeye” when the crowd erupted.
Season 23 Episode 6 GIF by The Bachelor

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Do they really think a casual fan looks at this and goes, yeah!! Can’t wait!!!

Most will assume Clark isn’t even in the playoffs and won’t watch now

I noticed this story (excerpts follow) on ESPN.com; I had no idea there was an open trans woman in the WNBA. We all know about Britney Griner, but she has never openly said anything....
Check out the confusing pronouns that this person chooses.

Note that "she" used the "he" pronoun during the 2013 WOMEN'S NCAA Final 4. Yikes....

The excerpts:

Los Angeles Sparks guard Layshia Clarendon, a leader in the WNBA's social justice initiatives, the league's first openly transgender and nonbinary player and a 2017 All-Star, announced their retirement Friday on Instagram.

Clarendon, 33, has not suited up for the Sparks since Aug. 15 vs. the New York Liberty.

They averaged 7.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game during their 12-year WNBA career.

Clarendon, who uses
she/her, he/him, and they/them pronouns, was drafted ninth by the Indiana Fever in 2013.

During the 2020 bubble season, Clarendon and the Liberty wore "Trans Lives Matter" shirts, but Clarendon hadn't publicly shared
their gender identity. That changed after the season, when Clarendon shared that they were nonbinary and transgender.

They advocated for LGBTQIA+ inclusive policies across the league as well as for racial justice.

Clarendon led the Cal Golden Bears to their first
women's basketball Final Four in 2013. He averaged 16.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists as a senior.

Clarendon said that
whenever he ran out of the tunnel and saw signs from fans who were members of the LGBTQIA+ community, he always felt special. Same with fans who bought his jersey because of what he represented.

"Fans were also a light for me," Clarendon said. "So much of this healing work is reciprocal. As much as I was the one to step out on a limb, I felt really caught and held by the queer fan base in the W. That was really beautiful, so thank you."

i

Last edited:
I noticed this story (excerpts follow) on ESPN.com; I had no idea there was an open trans woman in the WNBA. We all know about Britney Griner, but she has never openly said anything....
Check out the confusing pronouns that this person chooses.

Note that "she" used the "he" pronoun during the 2013 WOMEN'S NCAA Final 4. Yikes....

The excerpts:

Los Angeles Sparks guard Layshia Clarendon, a leader in the WNBA's social justice initiatives, the league's first openly transgender and nonbinary player and a 2017 All-Star, announced their retirement Friday on Instagram.

Clarendon, 33, has not suited up for the Sparks since Aug. 15 vs. the New York Liberty.

They averaged 7.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.7 rebounds per game during their 12-year WNBA career.

Clarendon, who uses
she/her, he/him, and they/them pronouns, was drafted ninth by the Indiana Fever in 2013.

During the 2020 bubble season, Clarendon and the Liberty wore "Trans Lives Matter" shirts, but Clarendon hadn't publicly shared
their gender identity. That changed after the season, when Clarendon shared that they were nonbinary and transgender.

They advocated for LGBTQIA+ inclusive policies across the league as well as for racial justice.

Clarendon led the Cal Golden Bears to their first
women's basketball Final Four in 2013. He averaged 16.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists as a senior.

Clarendon said that
whenever he ran out of the tunnel and saw signs from fans who were members of the LGBTQIA+ community, he always felt special. Same with fans who bought his jersey because of what he represented.

"Fans were also a light for me," Clarendon said. "So much of this healing work is reciprocal. As much as I was the one to step out on a limb, I felt really caught and held by the queer fan base in the W. That was really beautiful, so thank you."

i
Very interesting.

I was not aware that we need to also retroactively use one's preferred pronouns specific to the given period.

Now I am eager to know if Clarendon had a different set(s) of pronouns pre 2013. And, of course, please let us know if she changes them in the future.

It's your job now!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT