ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL DOLPHINS @ RAVENS THREAD****

Tyreek has dropped TD passes this year vs Cowboys, Bills, Chiefs, Jets and Ravens

Last edited:

GCth4TpWkAEtEsQ

My Takeaways From The Dolphins 56-19 Loss To The Baltimore Ravens:

• Complete team loss. From coaching to the players. Downright unacceptable.

• McDaniel. Fangio. Whoever made the call to have the starters on the defense out there defending Tyler Huntley and Melvin Gordon, down by 30 with under 5 minutes left has a lot to answer for. Pride and ego cost this team Bradley Chubb for the rest of the season.

• Leaving points on the board is a consistent theme for this offense just like McDaniel’s consistently questionable clock management and situational play calling

• Tua didn’t play at an MVP caliber level, Lamar did. Yes, he had multiple big drops from his WR corps as well as multiple big time throws but that first INT was inexcusable. Again, have a feeling that comes down to coaching and McDaniel trying to get a play in before the 2 minute warning but why? You wanted to score and leave no time on the clock so they couldn’t double dip before the end of the half and to start the second half, what the hell is the rush?

• De’Von Achane was Miami’s best offensive player and weapon on Sunday, wasn’t particularly close too. Showed our WRs how to catch a ball on his beautiful TD reception.

• Tyreek’s hands become suspect in big games and crucial moments. I’ve said it since Buffalo last year and after Philly, KC, Dallas and now Baltimore this year. It’s a trend.

• Like I said all week, someone would need to step up for Waddle who has made big time plays in Miami’s last two wins over the Ravens. Cedric was okay, Claypool dropped a perfect dime for a TD from Tua and that sums up the day of the WR corps behind Tyreek

• Smythe and the seam need to keep being utilized. Tua missed him in that first INT too for a big play.

• Julian Hill needs to convert that 2 point attempt on the fade. Again, don’t know why McDaniel is so obsessed with making that work.

• The Offensive Line was okay for the most part

• Absolutely devastated for Chubb. Losing both your top EDGE rushers to ACL tears is brutal.

• That said, not many teams have the depth Miami has being able to still have AVG & Ogbah to step up and step in

• As I stated how I stressed all week that players needed to step up in Waddle’s absence who plays well historically against Baltimore, I said the same for Jaelan Phillips. His presence was missed against the Ravens.

• Zach Sieler was easily the best player on defense against the Ravens

• If Wilkins wants $20m+/year, we’re going to need a bigger performance in a big game than what he showed yesterday

• Duke Riley has played good recently but yesterday he looked like the guy I was worried about when Baker went down. He got exposed.

• Jevon Holland didn’t even look like he was at 70%

• Losing X may lead to fans getting what they want from Fangio - Ramsey shadowing opponents WR1 from here on out

Ugly loss. What else is there left to be said that hasn’t been?

Now, it comes down to a Week 18 home game in prime Time for the #2 seed and AFC East title against a team you beat last year at the Rock.

This team is 11-5, undermanned due to injuries and yet, still have a lot of ball left to play.

Time to put up or shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT