ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL DOLPHINS VS. BILLS THREAD****

boom smile GIF

Dolphins are just not a great team from what I've seen of them this year.

The final score would have been MUCH worse without Miami's red zone defensive efforts.

Miami's offense did not show up at all.

Kansas City Weather Report for Saturday, 8 PM: Partly cloudy, temperatures around 8, zero chance of precipitation, winds NW at 10 mph.

As a life long Miami fan we are and have been in trouble. Stupid selfish plays. The int in the endzone he should have just stayed in the endzone and the second in the endzone should have just been knocked down. The penalties, horrible defense, the penalties and the horrendous play calling is typical Dolphins football this time of year.

Halfway through the season, if you told me Miami and KC would meet in a Wild Card game, I would have slapped you silly.

Halfway through the season, if you told me Miami and KC would meet in a Wild Card game, I would have slapped you silly.

It wouldn't have surprised me. This team isn't built to win late in the year, at least on offense. Despite an absurd amount of injuries on defense, they still went out and made stops against a very physical playoff team. The offense can't play late season football, which is running the ball and possession catch first downs when you need them. Video game throwing all over the place works great and looks cool early in the year but good NFL defenses adjust to that nonsense. That said, the Dolphins would have beaten the Bills last night and last year in December if they had stayed committed to the running game. It was working both times, bigly, and both times wonderboy decided to abandon it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlandNole
My Takeaways From The Dolphins 21-14 Loss To The Buffalo Bills:

• The Dolphins Three Headed Offensive Monster of Tua, Tyreek & McDaniel shoulders the blame for me here.

• McDaniel. Giving your RBs 3 carries in the second half when they had a combined 16 carries for 94 yards between Achane and Wilson Jr. in the first half during a close game is criminal. You’ve done it all year. You commit to the run more when the game is tied or you’re close but with a lead you become pass happy looking to drive the final nail in as quickly as possible. So frustrating.

• Tua. Multiple weeks in a row where instead of taking what the defense gives you, you force the issue and it leads to turnovers. Sure, Claypool ran an awful route at the end of the game but why even target him in a critical moment? Miami paid for the bad decision to target him. First INT was also a poor decision to throw into bracketed coverage. 2-5 in big games this year isn’t good enough (LAC, BUF x2, PHI, KC, DAL & BAL).

• Tyreek. I’ve been critical of the drops dating back to last year. It’s inexcusable. Last year in December against Buffalo, this year against PHI, KC, DAL, BAL & BUF yesterday - key drops on either a walk in TD or a 3rd down. I remember him taking offense to Steve Smith questioning his hands, well, in big moments, he’s got a point.

• I said it before the game all week and I’ll say it with hindsight after the game’s finished - De’Von Achane deserved 20+ touches between the run game and the pass game. The reluctance to just feature him and let him loose is both confusing and frustrating.

• Jeff Wilson Jr. was right there too in terms of his play dictating more touches he didn’t get.

• Smythe’s play continues to scream keep threatening the seams but apparently this team is content with a few chunk plays a game instead of exploiting it like I once again, keep saying to do.

• No one has stepped up consistently enough in the WR corps during Waddle’s absence for my liking. Can’t wait to have him back. This time with him out of the lineup has shown how big of a cog to this offense’s wheel he is.

• Offensive Line I thought was good and held their own. Best line combo they have in my opinion given the bodies remaining.

• Master class by Vic Fangio. Absolutely disgusted the offense wasted this effort from the defense. They turned Josh Allen into a turnover machine and only gave up 14 points. They did more than enough.

• Had a bad feeling things wouldn’t go Miami’s way when Trent Sherfield is out there catching Madden glitch out TDs

• Wilkins woke up after being a sleeping giant against the Ravens. He came to play last night.

• Melvin Ingram was the best EDGE player I thought.

• AVG and Goode going down hurts. That EDGE group was so deep and injuries have absolutely ravaged the Dolphins pass rush.

• Brandon Jones and DeShon Elliott were good for the most part I thought aside from a few questionable open field angles they each took.

• Baker was a warrior in his return from injury.

• Have to be lucky to be good and good to be lucky - Ramsey got away with one thanks to Allen missing Diggs on a wide open 89+ yard house call.

• Mixed bag on a few plays but overall, can’t complain with what you got from Eli Apple.

• Danny Crossman needs to go and should have been replaced when McDaniel got here.

I don’t know what to say. Up 14-7, getting away from the run, shoddy play calling, bad drops from your top WR and some bad decisions from your QB mixed in with a special teams collapse has all of us sitting here the next morning feeling like the #2 seed in the AFC and the AFC East division title slipped right through this teams hands.

Now, you have to go against the team that has the best home record in the NFL since they drafted Mahomes at 43-15 who have also only lost at home twice in the playoffs since 2019 (NE & CIN). Oh, not to mention they are the defending Super Bowl Champions. #finsup

1/2

This week is going to be insufferable because a lot of narratives will be out there and this team hasn’t done enough to silence their critics or to combat said narratives.

You can’t keep beating yourself and being your own worst enemy in these big games/moments, especially on offense from the coach all the way down to the personnel.

Yet another chance presents itself for a big time statement win this week as Miami chases their first playoff win since 2000 and hopefully for the sake of all of our sanity, they don’t squander it like they have the past two weeks. #finsup

2/2

Reactions: cmanole

Episode 958: Miami Dolphins Sign 3 NEW Pass Rushers! + Film Study Of Tua Tagovailoa Vs Buffalo Bills

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT