ADVERTISEMENT

***Official FSU vs Memphis Thread***

If he continues this stubbornness, I'd say not much. It's one thing if he's making changes and we're seeing some hope...instead we're setting wonderful new milestones for FSU:

459982159_916538310519117_4161604216153789956_n.jpg

How does Mike spin this in a recruits living room?
Just say they had concepts of being a top 10 team. Should work with about half of em.

If he continues this stubbornness, I'd say not much. It's one thing if he's making changes and we're seeing some hope...instead we're setting wonderful new milestones for FSU:

459982159_916538310519117_4161604216153789956_n.jpg

How does Mike spin this in a recruits living room?

"As you can clearly see, we desperately need help at your position. Doesn't matter what position, we desperately need you.

Reactions: billanole
With the season gone, Norvell has to play the young guys to see what is there for next year and hope that playing time convinces some to stay.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Better portal guy? That is the track record while in Tally.
Instant returns rather than long term?
What he lacked at the high school level, he had been making up for in the portal. Might be seeing what happens when the portal gamble doesn’t work, for positions you missed recruiting high school.

I do wonder if we have enough leaders on the team that truly play for the team (not a bag). Seems like Travis was key there too. Obvious leader, had put in the work over several years, and was able to get the key transfers to buy in (along with everyone else).

And yes, I do realize Travis was a transfer too.

Something certainly is broke.

What he lacked at the high school level, he had been making up for in the portal. Might be seeing what happens when the portal gamble doesn’t work, for positions you missed recruiting high school.

I do wonder if we have enough leaders on the team that truly play for the team (not a bag). Seems like Travis was key there too. Obvious leader, had put in the work over several years, and was able to get the key transfers to buy in (along with everyone else).

And yes, I do realize Travis was a transfer too.

Something certainly is broke.
But Travis grew up a Die Hard Seminole and transferred as a freshman. He wound up being a 6-year senior at fsu. He's definitely not the same type of transfer that DJU is.

Reactions: LBoogie28
There is kind of a meeting of events going on in college sports, as well as society at large. There is a massive influx of money that is funding players, coaches, schools, and all involved in that now called industry.

Jordan Travis somehow benefitted from being an nth year Senior transfer, etc … Jared Verse, Fiske, Coleman, tight end strength,
senior leadership due to extension of scholarship time, all came together for the Noles. Not typical timing.
Meanwhile, money flooding in is creating more of a mercenary player base. (Good for them.) Big schools continue to dominate due to $.
Same in the world at large. The more things change…? What? The more they stay the same, right?

Reactions: LBoogie28
Didn't he have a top 10-15 high school recruiting class last year?
Don’t know what he finished with, but that is a single year…and he missed at several positions of need (again). Gets left at the altar quite a bit as well (doesn’t close well). It’s not just him, as his staff doesn’t really have any elite level recruiters on it either.

But Travis grew up a Die Hard Seminole and transferred as a freshman. He wound up being a 6-year senior at fsu. He's definitely not the same type of transfer that DJU is.
Agree. Transferred before all the chaos of the portal (I think). Worked his way into the starting role and played for several seasons. Just making the distinction since I mentioned how transfers may have less “buy in,” or don’t take to being a leader right away (more of a merc situation).

Reactions: alaskanseminole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT