ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL HIRE CHERYL MILLER THREAD

Bro D

HB Legend
Nov 17, 2003
I'll die on this hill. I don't pretend to know shit about the WNBA but I know who Cheryl Miller is. All-time baller, coaching experience on both levels, speaks highly of CC, instant credibility on the sideline. Does anyone really think these bitches and officials would have pulled all this bullshit with this OG Cheryl Miller on the sideline instead of Christie Sides? Because I don't. Imagine being a free agent and getting to play for her and with CC? Shit I'd pay to watch her stand up for her players. Plus we can hope she brings this back

1*2v_YhPFLMWC9Ex3fI33_pA@2x.jpeg

Ps - if you would have told me 5 years I'd be this passionate about a wnba head coach, I would have either laughed or cried.. probably both

Well, ok. But she is 60 (time flies) and she hasn't coached since 2019 when she coached at Cal State Los Angeles after spending a couple of years coaching Langston University.

I think either she's decided she doesn't want to coach any longer or the WNBA GM's have made that decision,

Reactions: doughuddl2
Well, ok. But she is 60 (time flies) and she hasn't coached since 2019 when she coached at Cal State Los Angeles after spending a couple of years coaching Langston University.

I think either she's decided she doesn't want to coach any longer or the WNBA GM's have made that decision,
According to Joe's Place, the all star game is a real game and not an exhibition, so she has 2024 experience. Kidding aside, I could see her as a Phil Jackson type just waiting for the right situation to open up. This would be her chance to coach the making of a new legend.

She has said publicly that she had no interest in returning to coaching

Obviously anything can change

If you want to talk someone out of retirement, how about Bill Laimbeer? Yes, the guy can be an a-hole, but he was a good WNBA coach. And more importantly, with him on the sidelines I feel pretty comfortable that the bully ball approach against CC would stop.

Laimbeer said he would not coach again because he did not feel like he has the necessary energy. But after being away for a few years, maybe the fire has returned?

Phoenix coach Nate Tibbets would be a substantial upgrade. Tibbets has a lengthy pro (NBA) coaching resume and one year as HC with WNBA Phoenix. It is a plus IMO that he played PG.

I believe a coach with recent WNBA coaching experience would be preferred but Miller is certainly worthy of consideration.

Who know’s which current WNBA coaches would seriously entertain a Fever offer. With CC and Boston as a young core to build around, I have to believe a Fever inquiry would attract more than usual.

What I wouldn't pay to have prime Bobby Knight back to coach the fever for a year. It would be must see TV with his great coaching and the way he would teach the other "ladies' a lesson with his own enforcers.

I'll die on this hill. I don't pretend to know shit about the WNBA but I know who Cheryl Miller is. All-time baller, coaching experience on both levels, speaks highly of CC, instant credibility on the sideline. Does anyone really think these bitches and officials would have pulled all this bullshit with this OG Cheryl Miller on the sideline instead of Christie Sides? Because I don't. Imagine being a free agent and getting to play for her and with CC? Shit I'd pay to watch her stand up for her players. Plus we can hope she brings this back

Ps - if you would have told me 5 years I'd be this passionate about a wnba head coach, I would have either laughed or cried.. probably both
I hear ya, man, and I could not agree more. Christie Sides is to the WNBA what Brian Ferentz was to Iowa football . . . both were WAY over their head. If the Fever are serious about competing to be the best in the league, they couldn't do anything better than to hire Cheryl Miller for all the reasons you pointed out.

60? And how old is Kirk Ferentz? How old is Fran McCaffrey? Hell, and how old is that orange felon? (78, just in case you don't know).

If she wanted the job, the Fever should hire her in a nanosecond. Sixty ain't exactly old. And if you're Miller, not having coached for five years or so doesn't mean squat. As the saying goes, she's forgotten more basketball than Sides will ever know.

Phoenix coach Nate Tibbets would be a substantial upgrade. Tibbets has a lengthy pro (NBA) coaching resume and one year as HC with WNBA Phoenix. It is a plus IMO that he played PG.

I believe a coach with recent WNBA coaching experience would be preferred but Miller is certainly worthy of consideration.

Who know’s which current WNBA coaches would seriously entertain a Fever offer. With CC and Boston as a young core to build around, I have to believe a Fever inquiry would attract more than usual.
With all due respect, you have Sides now, but Miller is "worthy of consideration"? LOL

If the Fever had named CC player-coach, they'd have been a much better team much sooner than with that clown Sides taking up space.

Reactions: Bro D
With all due respect, you have Sides now, but Miller is "worthy of consideration"? LOL
Yes, worthy of consideration compared to all other available potential coaches.

Let’s not get carried away here. Miller was an exceptional player and a good coach but she finished her last coaching gig during the last century, almost two years before Caitlin Clark was even born.

Yes, worthy of consideration compared to all other available potential coaches.

Let’s not get carried away here. Miller was an exceptional player and a good coach but she finished her last coaching gig during the last century, almost two years before Caitlin Clark was even born.

Miller was coaching well after 1999

All this talk about GOAT of WBB with CC, DT, and others. Miller is the true GOAT right now. She might not be the absolute best coach for the job, but she’d be a pretty darn good one. Sides is a career assistant coach handed the keys to a build your own Ferrari kit with no idea how to assemble it and no instruction manual.

Reactions: MitchLL and Bro D

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
60? And how old is Kirk Ferentz? How old is Fran McCaffrey? Hell, and how old is that orange felon? (78, just in case you don't know).

If she wanted the job, the Fever should hire her in a nanosecond. Sixty ain't exactly old. And if you're Miller, not having coached for five years or so doesn't mean squat. As the saying goes, she's forgotten more basketball than Sides will ever know.
I only mentioned her age to explain the entire picture - she's got a few years on her and she isn't coaching. And, no offense to Langston U or Cal State Los Angeles, she hasn't held a meaningful coaching position since 2000 in the W - almost a quarter century ago.

She has been available. She either doesn't want to coach or she is not wanted as a coach.

What I wouldn't pay to have prime Bobby Knight back to coach the fever for a year. It would be must see TV with his great coaching and the way he would teach the other "ladies' a lesson with his own enforcers.
I recall an interview Bobby Knight did years ago. When asked what his opinion of pro basketball is he responded, " I would rather watch frogs making love even with a fuzzy picture on the TV".

Lolol.. Of course it would be "must see TV" to see a dead guy coach a pro team..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: MilleGinja
I find it shocking and disturbing that they have not yet fired Christie Sides.
Kelly Krauskopf was announced as the new President of Basketball Operations just 8 days ago.

The Fever simultaneously announced that Krauskopf would assume duties at the conclusion of the WNBA season (which is still ongoing).

That no major personnel moves have yet been made by the franchise is not shocking in the least.

Gotta include these guys when looking for a new coach

1. Ronny Lester
2. Bob Stoops
3. Church Long

Hence why I wrote Bobby in his prime... Moran
Lolol.. Says the guy who's too stupid to spell MORON correctly. And for the record, you did NOT say "Bobby Knight IN his prime". You said, "prime Bobby Knight". Those two are not the same thing. Think about it if your able......

Lolol.. Says the guy who's too stupid to spell MORON correctly. And for the record, you did NOT say "Bobby Knight IN his prime". You said, "prime Bobby Knight". Those two are not the same thing. Think about it if your able......

You can't even spell Moran correct
🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
We're all friends here but seriously, get a brain moran

Reactions: acuhawk
Ah, yet another clown joining us. Ignore is our friend......
Sorry I should've drawn pictures for you to understand the obvious fact that Bobby Knight would need to be alive to be in his prime coaching the Fever in my scenario. Next time don't be a dick for no reason. Moran!

I don’t think he’d make it through the season. His methods and antics wouldn’t fly in this era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT