141: Teske / Peterson?
149: Voinovich / Rathjen
157: Seibrecht / Ferrari
165: Caliendo
174: Arnold
184: Kennedy / Ferrari
197: Glazier / Ferrari
285: Hill / Kester

We have a hole at 141, and we have a few toss ups next year. Could Caliendo slide down to 157, allowing Kennedy to go back to 165, so Arnold and Angelo both can wrestle?

He tried that a year or two ago. He was famished and dead tired immediately. Not happening. He’s too big for that.

He’s not so good we need to find a spot for him so no worries about how he “fits.”
The post was about Kennedy, not Riggins

125: Ayala
133: Schreiver
141: Teske / Peterson?
149: Voinovich / Rathjen
157: Seibrecht / Ferrari
165: Caliendo
174: Arnold
184: Kennedy / Ferrari
197: Glazier / Ferrari
285: Hill / Kester

We have a hole at 141, and we have a few toss ups next year. Could Caliendo slide down to 157, allowing Kennedy to go back to 165, so Arnold and Angelo both can wrestle?

Teske will be done. Think Peterson is too small. Don't forget we have Ryder Block and a kid named Grebel who has potential. But yea, if Block can't make that cut, we have to hit the portal.

There is another Braunagel? Are they all brothers?
There are 3 wrestling for Illinois. The two older twins, Zac and Dan, are redshirting this year. Joey is the youngest brother. They also have an older brother Jarid who wrestled at McKendree College. All really good young men and great wrestlers.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
So the Illinois wrestlers take naps, meditate and color books to train for wrestling matches? Maybe that's why they are down 17-3 at intermission.. 🤣
Just a note on Illinois’ lineup last night. They had a lot of true freshman wrestling. A lot of their normal starters are redshirting or injured. Off the top of my head, they were missing last night:
Byrd
Odom
Pucino
Dan Braunagel
Zac Branagel
Luffman

I believe Iowa would still win if those guys wrestled, but it would have been a better matchup.

Iowa 36, Illinois 6

133: Cullan Schriever (IA) major dec. #29 Tony Madrigal (IL), 9-1

141: #18 Brody Teske (IA) dec. Will Baysinger (IL), 5-0

149: #10 Kannon Webster (IL) dec. #14 Caleb Rathjen (IA), 4-1 SV1

157: #2 Jared Franek (IA) tech. fall Joe Roberts (IL), 21-5

165: #6 Michael Caliendo (IA) tech. fall #32 Chris Moore (IL), 17-2

174: #13 Patrick Kennedy (IA) dec. #5 Edmond Ruth (IL), 5-1

184: #30 Dylan Connell (IL) dec. Aiden Riggins (IA), 4-1 SV1

197: #13 Zach Glazier (IA) tech. fall Joey Braunagel (IL), 18-3

285: Bradley Hill (IA) pinned. Peter Marinopolous (IL), 5:41

125: #6 Drake Ayala (IA) tech. fall Justin Cardani (IL), 18-3

For someone that goes through the PBP threads well after the dual because kids and stuff, starting my reading for the night with this? I was so f******* confused!
Sorry @andegre tOSU vs MI was on the BTN at 7:55 PM and I fell into the pbp for it as well. Seems very out of place if you're not reading it at 7:55. PS_ still love the website.

Reactions: el dub
Teske will be done. Think Peterson is too small. Don't forget we have Ryder Block and a kid named Grebel who has potential. But yea, if Block can't make that cut, we have to hit the portal.

We should be doing that anyway.

There are 3 wrestling for Illinois. The two older twins, Zac and Dan, are redshirting this year. Joey is the youngest brother. They also have an older brother Jarid who wrestled at McKendree College. All really good young men and great wrestlers.

I would argue that last comment.

Maybe it was Assad,Warner and cassioppi

And gosh I wonder who coached those guys? Jfc.

I was at the meet and I thought the ref called a decent amount of stalling and he actually could have called it more often for my liking.

Illinois had some guys just backing up and let them get away with it more than I prefer, but the Hawks spent most of the first matches backing up with no stall calls because they were avoiding undercooks etc. That is still stalling to me, of course the refs never ask me my opinion.

Cardani could have been stalled out n the first period. Iowa was definitely in another league compared to Illinois. Webster was a shining light for Illinois and PK did a great job of not getting taken down and finishing strong to beat Ruth. Those were definitely the best two matches of the night.

Reactions: sdvike and TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT