ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at Northwestern Games Thread (May 18-20)*****

Sam, the other Sam at bat. Gets ahead 2-0. FB. FB. 2-2. Good at bat. FB. Good job here by Sam, the other Sam.
Sam, the other Sam, reaches, I think base hit, might be FE.

Not sure that is a Sac FC. A lot going on, bear with me.

2 down, Brayden at bat.

Not sure that one was base hit or FE?

I'm kind of glad Maryland is beating PSU otherwise that loss yesterday would make me even more ticked off.

I'm kind of glad Maryland is beating PSU otherwise that loss yesterday would make me even more ticked off.

Maryland definitely deserves their trophy. They won each of their 8 B1G series.

3-0 vs #2 Indiana
2-1 vs #3 Iowa
2-1 vs #4 Nebraska
2-1 vs #5 Rutgers
2-1 vs #9 Purdue
2-1 vs #10 Minnesota
2-1 vs #11 Ohio State
2-1 vs #12 Penn State
17-7 B1G record

Iowa will finish just one loss out in the loss column at 15-8.

This guy here has been nothing but trouble. Unfortunate if he got HBP. Part of the game.

And he gets a base hit. I said yesterday he should be walked or better yet, HBP. It is part of the game. I've been thrown at, It is what it is.

Christo K that's a wrap. Hawks win 10-0

Well worth the 10+ hours to/from Evanston to watch them close out the regular season.

Here’s hoping that I have the opportunity next Saturday to road trip again to watch an early morning Iowa baseball game.

Reactions: ssckelley
Well worth the 10+ hours to/from Evanston to watch them close out the regular season.

Here’s hoping that I have the opportunity next Saturday to road trip again to watch an early morning Iowa baseball game.
I'll be fishing in LG over the holiday weekend. That will be tough for me to make it to Omaha. Depending on the regional, hopefully Lexington or Terre Haute, that trip is feasible. Super regionals would be tough for a road trip as they will probably be a distance

So what needs to happen is for Iowa to make two trips to Omaha. The second trip starting around June 16th.

Less velo today from Brody. I believe this is by plan.
I met up with someone that I occasionally work with who happens to be an adjunct professor at Northwestern's law school. Didn't see your play-by-play until this morning.

I have the same impression as you. 97-98 with consistent control can be flipping dominant. Triple digits with little control creates all sorts of problems. If Brecht can consistently get ahead in the count, his slider is nothing short of devastating. If batters have to respect that he can throw strikes with fastball, they'll be chasing 0-2 and 1-2 sliders out of the zone.

Have to believe that McGrath has been in his ear not only about certain mechanics but also channeling Crash Davis and advising that strikeouts are fascist, boring and run up big pitch counts.

Iowa is going to need "that" Brecht in the B1G tournament and if they advance to a Regional. If they can get Morgan, Brecht and Langenberg "locked in," they could be a tough exit. (Fingers crossed)

Reactions: GolfHacker1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT