ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Iowa @ Iowa State Prediction Thread**

Mar 14, 2003
So it is that time of year again, both Iowa and Iowa State took care of business in week 1 like any power 5 school should against an FCS school. Now with that being said, you can pretty much throw everything out the window. This is the most important game of the year to Iowa State, Iowa State fans & students, and Cyclone nation as a whole. I don't care how some of them downplay it on here, I've been around it my whole life to know better. I actually wish Ferentz would take the same approach.

I said earlier that I thought for sure Iowa would lose to Ill State or Iowa State, I happened to think it'd be Ill State. So with that being said, our first road game with a new line and ISU fairly experienced at the QB postion could mean trouble. Their WR are also underrated. I hate to say and I will certainly come back and admit I am wrong if I am...Expect ISU to blitz A LOT.

Iowa State - 28 Iowa - 24

Expect ISU to blitz A LOT. Iowa State - 28 Iowa - 24

I hope so - Iowa will score more than 28 if that happens.

I believe Iowa's defense has improved, the secondary looks very good. I will be mildly surprised if ISU is able to score more than 20/21 points.

Iowa will open their offense a little more this game I think - a few deep pass attempts, TEs more involved ...maybe even a trick play or two, Nevertheless, they will ground pound to set the tone. It will be interesting to see how the Iowa OL performs against ISU, a better defensive from than ILL ST.

Ferentz has always been a "all games are equally important" type of coach. This is solely my hunch - he wants this game bad. I think (again, my speculation) that the criticism, especially the ISU losses, reached critical mass. Players pick-up on this and respond ........

Iowa 30
Iowa State 13

There's already a thread on this, douchenozzle.

Everyone look at Iowafan904's posts since he joined Hawkeyereport on Tuesday. How many names has he called people? Seriously look at this guy's profile. Moderator's need to end this guy quickly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT