ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. DAVIDSON GAMEDAY THREAD ****

ChiHawk1985

HB All-State
Aug 23, 2010
Chicago
Wake up Hawk fans. It's game day. It's Friday. And it's time to make some noise. Eight asterisks so you know it's official. LETS GO HAWKS!!

Forgot what it feels like to have a team in the hunt! Last year's play-in just didn't feel anywhere near the same.

Get it done, Hawks!

131602.jpg

Iowa wins if Woodbury plays well and stays out of foul trouble. He's not the best player on the team, but in my opinion he's the most important player on the team. Need to overwhelm Davidson with our size. Let's go Hawks!

Big game today and a chance to make some noise in college basketball for the first time in 15+ years.

Lets go Hawks!

1012445.gif

This post was edited on 3/20 8:46 AM by ThatsFootball

Woodbury better not miss half his bunnies, or I'm gonna shoot out his home's porch light.

On a serious note, there is no excuse for him not having a good game today.

I could see Gabe being dominant today if he gets the minutes. Frankly, against this team, we're better off with Gabe getting the bulk of minutes in the paint IMO.
This post was edited on 3/20 10:20 AM by 4th & 9 inches

Iowa pounds the ball down their throats, White and Uthoff have huge days and Gabe does his thing coming off the bench.
Iowa: 73
Davidson: 65

Will be interesting to see if Iowa's length can alter their shooting enough. I'm expecting a few Uthoff blocks at least on the perimeter.

I hope they blow them out by 20, shut everyone up.

Realistically it will be a close game though :(

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
It just depends, will Iowa be able to score points in the point and get to the foul line? Will Davidson light it up from 3?
A really good matchup for opposites. That is the most intriguing part to any fan of college basketball today.

I am officially predicting thirty (30) or more 3PT FGAs by Davidson today. It will be raining in Seattle this afternoon.

Didn't want to start a separate thread for the other games, but Michigan State having trouble closing out Georgia. 3 point game with 20 seconds remaining on TruTV.

Originally posted by Michael1969:
Didn't want to start a separate thread for the other games, but Michigan State having trouble closing out Georgia. 3 point game with 20 seconds remaining on TruTV.
Good thing they pulled it out, as my big upset of the tournament is having them knock off Virginia next game. Probably pretty stupid pick now that I look at it. Still feeling good as I have a pretty good lead in my (mostly ISU fan) bracket.
grin.r191677.gif

Guys, I am beyond jacked to watch this game. Finishing up my final few conferences at work (I'm a teacher) and then rushing home, decking myself out in Hawkeye gear, and headed to a large Iowa watching party at an Iowa bar here in Chicago. Let's do it Hawks!

Originally posted by nu2u:

I am officially predicting thirty (30) or more 3PT FGAs by Davidson today. It will be raining in Seattle this afternoon.
At least 40. The Hawkeyes will lose 137 to 4.

Originally posted by DanL53:

Keep them under 33% and they can shoot 50 for all I care.

Originally posted by DanL53:

My bet is the 4 points come from Uthoff and Whitey.

I'm feeling a big IA win tonight. Many are talking about the mismatch to the detriment of IA. I really think it favors IA - big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT